Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

pc problem,help plz!
Posted 2004-03-21, 04:11 AM
i formate my pc 2 times but it don´t help me,i allways get : pc must restart in 1 minute ...

what should i do,help me plz
excuse me plz for my bad english
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-03-21, 10:21 AM in reply to BlackKnight's post "pc problem,help plz!"
After you formatted you did install Windows, or some other OS, right? Please give more details on what is happening.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Lightbulb need more info
Posted 2004-03-21, 10:55 AM in reply to BlackKnight's post "pc problem,help plz!"
MJordan2nd is right. If u want any help with your problem we need more details of the situation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pimpiroth

Posted 2004-03-21, 11:10 AM in reply to Pimpiroth's post "need more info"
sorry

i had format my pc because i had very much problems/errors
i formate it and put windows again but it doesn´t help so i tryed it again and get the error pc will shot down in 1minute
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-03-21, 11:46 AM in reply to BlackKnight's post starting "sorry i had format my pc because i..."
Hurry and go to the Command prompt from the Run menu. (CMD in Windows XP/2000, COMMAND in 95/98)

Type "shutdown -a" to abort the shutdown.

Anyway, that sounds a lot like the ol' MSBLAST/LOVESAN worm. After you've aborted the shutdown, turn off system restore, then download/run this:

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/anti-virus/tools/f-lovsan.zip

After that, get the RPC patch from Microsoft. (Just go into IE and go to Tools->Windows Update and let it download stuff. If you actually haven't updated, you'll have a LOT to download..)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-03-22, 12:01 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Hurry and go to the Command prompt from..."
ok thank you all
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-03-22, 12:45 PM in reply to BlackKnight's post starting "ok thank you all"
BlackKnight said:
ok thank you all
Err.. by that, I assume that it's fixed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2004-03-22, 01:03 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Err.. by that, I assume that it's fixed?"
no i don´t try it because i am not home,but i find it nice from you that you help me
an other question now can you tell me a good anti-virus programm?
thanks

MFG
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-03-22, 04:19 PM in reply to BlackKnight's post starting "no i don´t try it because i am not..."
Norton anti-virus is what i use. hasn't failed me yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-03-22, 05:08 PM in reply to BlackKnight's post starting "no i don´t try it because i am not..."
AVG. It's free and takes up WAY less system resources than Norton/McAfee. (Well, that and it works faster/better.)

http://www.grisoft.com

Get AVG Free Editon. They'll send you a serial in your email.. haven't gotten any spam through sneakemail from them, so they're safe. Of course, you don't get all of the goodies that come with Norton/McAfee, but it's JUST an antivirus program and nothing else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2004-03-23, 07:41 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "AVG. It's free and takes up WAY less..."
http://housecall.antivirus.com/house...tart_frame.asp

its free, work perfectly, and no updates to download
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between‡AC‡ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

‡AC‡

Wink cool
Posted 2004-03-23, 08:19 PM in reply to ‡AC‡'s post starting "http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall..."
AVG is a good virus scan program. I should know i have it. It is completely free like u people said and not bad at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPimpiroth is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pimpiroth

Posted 2004-03-24, 11:01 AM in reply to Pimpiroth's post "cool"
The very first time we used it,it found two viruses on our computer. It is from downloading I guess because we download a lot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII