Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Fun Characters
Posted 2009-02-09, 02:57 AM
What are some fun character builds now? Not only fun, but effective in Hell mode. Obviously, Hammerdins are the bomb, but I don't really feel like making one just yet. I'm having a good time with my Zealot, but I would like a nice, strong Sorc next so I can do MF and Key runs. Any recommendations?

What are the 3 strongest builds in the game right now (if you have the uber equipment), in order from strongest to 3rd strongest?

After the Sorc, I'd like to make an Amazon, then Barbarian, although those two are in no particular order.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-02-09, 03:03 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Fun Characters"
Titusfied said: [Goto]
What are some fun character builds now? Not only fun, but effective in Hell mode. Obviously, Hammerdins are the bomb, but I don't really feel like making one just yet. I'm having a good time with my Zealot, but I would like a nice, strong Sorc next so I can do MF and Key runs. Any recommendations?

What are the 3 strongest builds in the game right now (if you have the uber equipment), in order from strongest to 3rd strongest?

After the Sorc, I'd like to make an Amazon, then Barbarian, although those two are in no particular order.
The best and by far most fun character right now is the fishymancer, IMO. Basically, a summoner that uses corpse explosion and owns face. Can do hell baal naked, can do uber trist with some decent gear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-02-09, 05:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The best and by far most fun character..."
Lightning Sorc > Paladin (paladins are so borring) > Fishymancer is probably also really fun.

I made a short guide that I lost track of somewhere in there forums, I named it Character Builds, look it up..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-02-09, 08:17 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Lightning Sorc > Paladin (paladins are..."
I'm going to make the Lightning Sorc next, but I don't really feel like making a Fishymancer just yet. That seems like a fun build, but not for me just yet. After the Sorc, I'm going to want to make a Barb or Amazon though. What are good builds for them? Can an EBotD War Pike with WW Barb work well, or just get flat out owned??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-02-09, 08:56 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I'm going to make the Lightning Sorc..."
If you want to make an amazon, go with a javazon, they're fun as hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-02-09, 09:25 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I'm going to make the Lightning Sorc..."
I'm going to make the Lightning Sorc next, but I don't really feel like making a Fishymancer just yet. That seems like a fun build, but not for me just yet. After the Sorc, I'm going to want to make a Barb or Amazon though. What are good builds for them? Can an EBotD War Pike with WW Barb work well, or just get flat out owned??
I made a sorc first, which was probably a good idea. For a first character, a sorc seems to be the best choice due to the ability to quickly and easily farm gear.

However, a fishymancer has a lot higher survivability, and isn't really all that gear dependant. Due to the fact that their gear dependancy is so low, you can toss nothing but magic find gear on them and be running hell baal from the start. There's no way you can do that with a sorc.

A fishymancer is a bit trickier to play, though. You have to learn how to properly use your curses to be able to do anything particularly hard. It's nice to have a sorc that can teleport to a boss and kill it in 10 seconds. Either one is a good choice, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-02-09, 09:49 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I'm going to make the Lightning Sorc..."
As far as I know some of the best barbs were Ebotd polearms, however if you are looking for fun, make a bear barb and fiddle around with it, frenzy is also very fun.. throw barbs. I think you are looking for the popular builds instead of the fun off the wall ones.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2009-02-10, 04:28 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "As far as I know some of the best barbs..."
Well, I'm looking for fun, but effective right now. I actually think I'm going to be making a throw Barb, so there's nothing cookie cutter there, but I need a good Sorc to start things out. I typically always start with a Zealot, which I already did, but it does get a little boring just clicking and holding. Hammerdin is just FLAT OUT BORING. I mean, they're way too overpowered and they aren't even a fun build to mess around with, because everyone has them and they're all good. I like my Zealot, and I'm also going to make a Throw Barb, then maybe some abstract Zon?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied