Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

"Not ready for a black President"
Posted 2008-11-05, 12:58 PM
mjordan2nd said: [Goto]
I honestly think that having Obama run as a democrat is the worst thing democrats can do. Not cause I think he is a bad candidate, in fact he is the best candidate seriously in the race right now in my opinion, however I don't think America is ready for a black president. Yes, Obama will have virtually the entire black vote and he will get the vote of the hardcore liberals as well, but the fact that he is black is going to scare off many of the more moderate democrats, will definitely pull anyone in the middle towards the republican side, and will make sure that those who generally vote republican but can be swayed in some circumstances also vote republican. The black vote alone is not going to make up for the lost votes. All the democrats need to do is send a white, heterosexual, male, protestant candidate and they should win.
Vollstrecker said: [Goto]
I'm in full agreeance with your reasoning regarding Obama, although I don't know John Edwards at all. I think we'll see a woman President before a Black President for sure, there simply isn't enough active voters among the younger populace to outweigh the votes of oldtimers who still haven't moved past the last few decades mentally.
-----------------
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Do you think their will ever be black president?

Well, being that the black population in the U.S. is growing, im thinking that sooner or later, their will be a black president, but only because all of the black people will vote for him. I highly doubt a black guy could win at this election, or the next.
Sovereign said: [Goto]
Sooner or later yes. But I honestly don't think it will be in our lifetime. Humanity has yet to put its prejudice aside enough.
Titusfied said: [Goto]
Eventually, and I do believe it will happen in our lifetimes.
----------------

4-5 years ago, I felt as if the consensus on this forum was America is not ready for a black President.

Were we naive? Did we overestimate racism?

Do you think that we were wrong, or that the mindset of America has changed?

Also some lulz because fried tits was right.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav