Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Game: Resident Evil 4
Posted 2005-10-28, 10:26 PM
Title: Resident Evil 4
Creator/Distributor: Capcom
System: GameCube, Playstation 2
Rated M for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, and Language.
System I used: Playstation 2

Alright, I'm gonna start here. The game is just fucking awesome! I have been a major fan of Resident Evil ever since the first game. It's evolved a lot since 1996. The graphics have become more smooth, the gameplay itself has accelerated to an extent (some argue it has gotten worse), and the plots have been fairly good to great. Resident Evil 4 blows it ALL away...except the cliche plot...but I can overlook that for now.

Graphics are just beauitful. It's a step down from the GameCube version, but not by a whole lot. I have never seen a game that made me just stare in awe at the beauty of its characters, surroundings, and, yes, even its villains/creatures. Everything just flows together to make it elaborate and simple and smooth.

Sound is pretty damn sweet. I can honestly say that they have managed to work in a good music system. It fits the mood, the actors fit the characters, and even the groans, moans, and utterings of the villagers are seemingly perfect.

Characters are pretty good. Leon Kennedy returns since his debut in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil Gaiden. He looks good, very damn good. He definitely does not look like a domesticated tough-guy nerd any more. Ada Wong, who is only in the PS2 version, looks a bit the same, but more sexy. She's definitely the bitch in the red dress that she was back in Resident Evil 2. The Chief is definitely a major badass. He's like the Nemesis, but more human looking and definitely just as powerful, if not a bit more.

Gameplay is pretty cool. It flows the way it has for the longest time in the Resident Evil universe, but a lot more smoothly. Weapons are no longer just randomly lying about, waiting for you to pick them up. You have to buy them. But you can upgrade and tune up your weapons, making them stronger, faster, and hold more bullets.

Overall, the plot is this: President's Daughter is kidnapped. You must save her. Fight very intelligent AI beings that make the zombies of Resident Evil look like play things. That's it.

Definitely a must-buy for any major Resident Evil fanatic or FSP fanatic. You can bet your sweet ass that this game will make you gasp, that it will make you think, and that you will definitely want to play this without a guide to help you along your merry way.

10 out of 10
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack