Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2010-04-14, 02:59 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "been about 60 here"
that's not too bad, feel more clear-headed? lucid? motivated?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-14, 06:58 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "that's not too bad, feel more..."
Smoking a bowl at the moment.

Is there a video which your signature is from, D3v? I would enjoy seeing it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-15, 09:07 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "that's not too bad, feel more..."
D3V said: [Goto]
that's not too bad, feel more clear-headed? lucid? motivated?
Meh, somewhat. I've always been a lazy, procrastinating person even as a kid. I don't really feel that marijuana expounded on that or made it worse. It's always been there.

However, I need to exercise my brain, regardless if I'm smoking marijuana or not. I feel like I need to enroll in more schooling.

In less than a month I will be done with my 9 month probation sentence. Will definitely be celebrating.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-04-15, 09:14 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Smoking a bowl at the moment. Is..."
Quote:
Is there a video which your signature is from, D3v? I would enjoy seeing it.
that's a good question, I nabbed this off of the ebaumsworld forums so I'm not exactly sure.

Quote:
However, I need to exercise my brain, regardless if I'm smoking marijuana or not. I feel like I need to enroll in more schooling.

In less than a month I will be done with my 9 month probation sentence. Will definitely be celebrating.
yeah, you're going to need to get another job to pay off those loans. I wish it were easier to get loans and get into post highschool graduation education. 9 mo probation ftl.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-15, 10:27 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "that's not too bad, feel more..."
that's not too feel more clear-headed? lucid? motivated?
Some drugs ( have the potential for abuse more d=anger fa
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-04-15, 12:38 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Some drugs ( have the potential for..."
You should lay off the drugs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-15, 01:18 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Some drugs ( have the potential for..."
i lol'ed
u know.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-16, 09:15 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "that's a good question, I nabbed this..."
yeah, you're going to need to get another job to pay off those loans. I wish it were easier to get loans and get into post highschool graduation education. 9 mo probation ftl.

I make $17.50/hr brah but computertraining.edu was a FUCKING JOKE. Lame ass company went bankrupt and closed every location in the country. How the fuck can I even put this on my resume? Oh, well the company where I received my technical training NO LONGER EXISTS.

I get furious when I think about how I got raped financially.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-04-16, 09:59 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I make $17.50/hr brah but..."
it's out of your hands. I would contact some sort of law office and see what your options are, try and find out like you've said before, if there is a group lawsuit being put forward. What happened in your case is definitely unethical, and probably illegal.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-09-06, 09:38 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "it's out of your hands. I would contact..."
I took a hit off a blunt today. I don't smoke much anymore, maybe once every week or two.. it just makes me paranoid and guilty for some reason. Took 40mgs of adderall this morning, and now I'm about to pop a double bar of xanax and maybe a klonopin because I'm on the verge of a panic attack.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-09-13, 11:06 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I took a hit off a blunt today. I don't..."
what i've learned is that using substances make it worse. drugs expand your mind, and sometimes it can teach you about the dark side of your mind, and that you can create scenarios to very precise detail, and the fear-portion of your brain can in turn make you feel as though they are real. It's like when you're a kid and being scared of the dark. Your perception is off. I would say no more drugs would help you, deifnitely. It did for me, 9 months weed free now.

With my experiences with panic and taking xanax twice was that it would dull my mind into stupidity and once it wore off, I would freak myself out again. It's like psyching yourself out knowingly, like a self-sabotage. And once the xanax wears off, your mind speeds back up to pace and if you aren't good at coping and dealing with your issues, it will create a loop-effect.

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2010-09-13 at 11:10 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-09-14, 08:11 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "what i've learned is that using..."
Xanax is prescribed for panic disorder, and usually is a take as needed. Whenever I've had a panic attack, I would try to wait it out and deal with the issues at hand using several coping techniques. If it got any worse and those techniques did not work, I would take a xanax and it would calm me down, and I haven't had one for at least half a year.

D3V, I don't think it's necessarily not being able to cope and deal with your issues. I see your argument that xanax could become a crutch, but generally panic disorder manifests from chemical imbalances in the brain. I've found out that a good diet, exercise, and getting enough rest reduces the likelihood of panic attacks if one had the disorder; but it is not something that can be controlled.

I invite any questions to my reasoning. I'm intrigued as to how many of you deal with panic attacks if they occur, and your views on them.

Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2010-09-14, 08:59 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Xanax is prescribed for panic disorder,..."
IMO, always avoid medication when possible for use other than recreational. It tends to cause as many (or more) problems as it solves. Pain medicine, for example, essentially gives you pain if you take it long enough. If you stop taking it, you will feel pain for no reason other than your body can't properly tell you that you aren't hurting because the medicine has been doing so artificially in its place.

That isn't to say that I'm against medicine altogether. It has its place. Using something as-needed seems to be the best approach. The less, the better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-09-15, 08:41 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Xanax is prescribed for panic disorder,..."
Quote:
but generally panic disorder manifests from chemical imbalances in the brain.
I'd like to know where you found this out at. I'm not calling you out, but as far as i've read they are caused by the fight-or-flight response in your brain being triggered out of whack. Maybe it could have started after a chemical imbalance? But there are tons of people out there dealing with issues without any chemical imbalances at all.

And like K_A said, let's say there is a chemical imbalance. You start taking xanax for this disorder, it doesn't fix the imbalance it just numbs you to the sensations.

As for panic attacks, I don't really have them anymore. I had a couple early in this year but have learned to manage them before they happen. I've learned personally that just the thought of what it was like the last time is what triggers the next one. Also, like you said, good exercise, diet and better sleeping habits can definitely help out.

I also think a lot of it is hereditary. I've had several relatives on one side of the family that all have the same issues, some are worse than mine, and one intermediate member states she has learned to basically make them disappear completely. None of them are medicated.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-09-15, 10:08 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd like to know where you found this..."
I want your ugly, I want your disease. I want your everything as long as it's free.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-09-15, 10:38 PM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "I want your ugly, I want your disease...."
My panic attacks consist of these symptoms, in order:

1. The feeling that you get in your stomach when you're in a car and you go over a hill really fast. (but it doesn't go away)
2. Paranoia
3. Shaking
4. Fingers fall asleep
5. Cheeks fall asleep
6. Eyes fall asleep
7. Tongue falls asleep
8. Seizure
9. Wake up
10. Repeat
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2010-09-16, 03:38 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "My panic attacks consist of these..."
I always start to worry when my fingers lose consciousness.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-09-20, 03:12 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "My panic attacks consist of these..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
My panic attacks consist of these symptoms, in order:

1. The feeling that you get in your stomach when you're in a car and you go over a hill really fast. (but it doesn't go away)
2. Paranoia
3. Shaking
4. Fingers fall asleep
5. Cheeks fall asleep
6. Eyes fall asleep
7. Tongue falls asleep
8. Seizure
9. Wake up
10. Repeat
I'm nearly the same as you. That feeling as if you're falling/pulling an additional g-force or something.. it's a weird sensation. I've actually researched it a lot and it's your fight-or-flight response kicking in. Just typing about it makes me regress slightly, but i've learned to cope with it very well, well somewhat well. It's all in your mind man. There are ways to control it, and to eliminate it.

I have kept a journal now for about 9 months and every time I've had it happen to me I have written down what I've eaten/drank in the last 24 hours, my thoughts leading up to when it has happened, how I've felt afterward etc and I've noticed about 95% reoccurring themes. Thinking about it happening in the past is the cause of it about 99% of the time. I would suggesting thinking that it can't/won't hurt you and you can move on from that point. When it first happened to me there was about a week straight of thinking I was going to die/etc and I finally had to take a Xanax, which in the end made it worse. After meditating for a month or so and reading about what was going on I finally found out what 'panic attacks' were. I always thought it was just being nervous, I never knew there were actual physical symptoms that could be associated with it.

It's weird. Mine come and go in waves. I'll go for a few weeks and be fine and then like a 2-3 day span of feeling kind of 'weird' like I'm constantly thinking about it happening again and then it'll just fade away when I just ignore it.

I have noticed a few trends of my eating/drinking habit that seemed to have triggered it, and the most common one? Drinking Minute Maid Light Lemonade.

Call me crazy? Sure.

But read this. http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/loun...ners-6690.html

Quote:
Aspartame

This is a dipeptide of a methyl ester of phenylalanine and aspartic acid. It is a predominant ingredient of sugar-free formulae and chewable tablets.

Side Effects

* Headaches, especially migraines have been triggered off by aspartame.
* Links to various neuropsychiatric disorders such as mood swings, visual hallucinations, panic attacks, isolated dizziness, and manic episodes.
* Those who have valve prolapses are placed at a greater risk for neuropsychiatric disorders.
* Prolonged aspartame consumption leads to seizures, especially in children.
I had been eating Subway and changing my diet since the beginning of this year and drinking light-lemonade was one of the things I was allowing myself to consume since I had completely gone off of soda. What do ya know? One of the ingredients may cause a chemical imbalance in your body.

May be a coincidence? Could be. But almost every time after drinking that lemonade I started to notice a trend, and took note of it. I continued drinking it occasionally for a few weeks and then stopped, and the symptoms of 'feeling weird' from it, seemed to disappear. Maybe it's all placebo and i'm just exaggerating? Could be likely, but i'd rather just drink water.

I also had trouble with some protein bars I had bought an entire box of, but I do recall they also had aspartame (cheap brand from WalMart). This could be me just trying to find a scapegoat, but I really am not sure. The problem with PD is that there isn't really that much research have been poured into it, while there are a huge case study especially of those effected in the U.S.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-12-01, 05:35 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm nearly the same as you. That..."
Yumm. non-alcoholic beer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2010-12-09, 09:20 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Yumm. non-alcoholic beer."
I was on xBox one time, and I was up all night with Noah, and we were on Gaylo Reacharound when these two guys joined. Two mexicans, from their voices. "AFatL3zbi4n" and "AGr0up0fh0m0z". I was like "Am I on your team?" with a squeeky voice (being I was laughing about something with Noah). They mocked me, and maybe 5 minutes into the game, I was already laughing my ass off and talking to them about ... whatever. Anyways, they start to think we're high, and we go along with it, when they finally ask "Hey, Hola, who's Lulz?" (Hola being me, Lulz being Noah), to which I reply with "Um... um... hahahahahaa!" which isn't exactly an answer.

"Damn, you so high you don't know who you got high with!!"
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai