Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post How to save your 08s
Posted 2003-05-24, 07:59 PM
Alright, an up-to-date friend and I get into a conversation. This friend of mine are talking about how 08s are getting deleted. He then tells me that he once had a 07 item, added a socket to it, and then it lasted the 08 patch. I am thinking that if you socket a 08 item, it will have the ID of a 09 item, but the stats of a 08. I also have heard that the item is made into a new one after it is socketed so this could actually be true. So, I am wondering if this is true. I have already socketed my 08 shako, valor, and gf. Hopefully, they will survive the patch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-05-24, 08:44 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
I dunno, all i know if is that if i was the programmer of a game, and was going to make some kind of patch like that, I wouldnt let something stupid like a socketed item get in the way of this.

And im sure there are still .07 items around...just look at all those sojs...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-05-25, 04:41 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
I dont think that socketing on the 1.07 item really saved it.
Blizzard is lefting the items as they are: they dont delete items. Socketing doesnt change the ID , i think nothing can change it.

And some 1.07 items dont have ID's. Like those mass duped godly rares, amus, Imp Shanks Boots, Soul Spur boots etc.

The best may to save your 1.08 item is actually perm and there is modifyed 1.08 items since some of them dont disapear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-05-25, 02:29 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
Why do you still bother to save your 1.09 stuff? i mean all the stuff you have now, once the 1.10 patch come out, everybody going play the new ladder games. so everything we have now, in couple more weeks it's worthless!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-05-25, 02:51 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
Doubt it... my current idea is that all the .08s are bugs... mainly b/c I have a .08 I tried to dupe and it went poof...

Interasting, eh?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-05-25, 03:48 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
Yeah they have been out for a long time, since the DII stores are selling 1.08 item that wont poff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2003-05-26, 07:40 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
socketing does not change the orginal code of the item, it may add prefix to it or something after it as a modification representing the socketed(depending what it is) but the original source code will allways stay the same, if they are going to delete .8 items their is basically nothing you can do about it unless maybe it was duped with yay wich somehow(im not sure at all, just guessing) the item id code is eather not checked, invalid, or non exsistant, thats why so many dupes stayed...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-05-31, 11:52 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
ok...ive been waiting to ask this question. If you put a duped item on merc before you leave a game will the dupe scanner scan it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SoD-John is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSoD-John is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SoD-John

Posted 2003-05-31, 12:47 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
i believe so yes it will... because it would have the same concept of scanning items, even when you revive a merc it would need to scan th items to see which it had on before...ofcourse they would implement a scan using the same concept on characters as on merc's...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-05-31, 06:13 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
how do you OFFICIALY perm an item that is duped?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-06-01, 01:04 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
you cannot perm an item unless it used an invalid creation that being of lets say yay for instance as i said... but for temp perms...
read sticky's my friend, for instance: http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showth...threadid=16771
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-06-04, 06:21 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "How to save your 08s"
a few notes,

08 items can dissappear, But some don't even need perming because half a year back there was some kind of hacking method (not exactly sure how it works) that made valors/shakos/gazes (08) unid, a hack that made them idless' or a new id not sure which, but a certain amount of the valors/gaze/shako (08) you see flying around probably won;t be deleted
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq