Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Visual Basic 6 Tutorials
Posted 2008-07-11, 08:27 AM
I'll Sticky this thread and update it when I add a new tutorial. I'll also leave it open for problems that aren't related to the tutorials - problems with the program itself, for example.

---

What You Need

For the VB6 tutorials, you need a single program - Visual Basic 6. You can download VB6 Portable, or acquire Visual Studio 6. It's a Windows only program, so it can't be run on a Mac or Linux, instead you must run it on Windows.

YOU MUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE VB6 OR VS6, NOT ANOTHER VERSION SUCH AS VS2008 AS IT WILL NOT WORK.

When you run it, a screen will pop up asking what you want to do - choose the second option, "Run Visual Basic 6", and choose the "Standard EXE" option when it asks you what type of new file you want.

---

The Tutorials

In sixteen planned lessons, and some more besides, I'll teach the basics of Visual Basic (har har), how to use controls, work with data, use loops, create procedures, debug, print, browse the internet, and much more. There is also the possibility of a couple of lessons on interoperability between VB6 and MS Access and MS Excel.

The tutorials are posted weekly, on Fridays.

Lesson 1 - The Basics
In the first lesson, I explain what Visual Basic 6 is, help you around the layout of the program, and even talk you through your first two programs! The thoughts of brilliance on your part will be shattered when you see the extra exercises he's set. Muahaha.

Lesson 2 - Using Controls
Lesson 3 - Working with Data
Lesson 4 - Selection
Lesson 5 - Again and Again and Again and Again and BREAK
Lesson 6 - How long is a [piece of] String?
Lesson 7 - Procedures
Lesson 8 - Arrays
Lesson 9 - Records
Lesson 10 - Files
Lesson 11 - Pest Control!
Lesson 12 - Paper Jam? Damnit!
Lesson 13 - Menus
Lesson 14 - Graphics
Lesson 15 - Relational Databases
Lesson 16 - Teh Intarwebs

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-07-11 at 08:36 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny