Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Question Anyone here a mod maker?
Posted 2002-04-02, 09:22 PM
Just curious.

I've tinkered with the HL source a bit, and I've got a little mod in the works. Hopefully I'll be able to release it soon.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Badass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBadass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-02, 10:07 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
yup, I heard of it. but I never touched it since it will hurt my brain Good Luck

Made by the Guardian Of Zelaron
Re-edit by the Nightmare of Demons

Made by the Demons' Nightmares
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-02, 10:21 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
Heh, I've got a pretty good handle on it, actually.

I'm working on a strategy mod, in which the players control a squad of 3 grunts. It's shaping up to be pretty cool. Pretty much all I've got left to do is playtest it, so it should be finished in a couple of weeks.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Badass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBadass Gandhi is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-02, 10:31 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
Good luck. Inform me when you are done. K?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHLomegasin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-02, 10:41 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
Will do.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-03, 03:29 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
cool but wut type wut it be

Made by: ::Teddybearian::
Edit by: ::Teddybearian::
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Teddybearian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTeddybearian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Teddybearian

Posted 2002-04-03, 04:27 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
Um well, it's gonna be mainly multiplayer, with some single player training levels.

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking?
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-03, 04:38 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
i mean wut type like ww2 future and other stuff

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Teddybearian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTeddybearian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Teddybearian

Posted 2002-04-03, 04:50 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
Oh, well...

It's set in modern times. The player controls a squad of grunts, the same kind that you fight in the normal game. You get one with MP5/grenade launcher, one with MP5/hand grenades, and one with a shotgun.

I'm the only person working on it, so I can't make alot of custom stuff like models. But I have made some new maps for it.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-03, 04:58 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
Same word. KEEP GOING~

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin

Posted 2002-04-03, 06:51 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
You want more details?

Well uh... the players don't get to do any fighting themselves, they're like disembodied ghosts that control the troops. So it basically plays like a classic strategy game. A player 'dies' when the three grunts in his squad are killed. A frag is awarded every time one player's grunt takes out another player's. An additional frag is awarded if it was the last grunt on that player's squad.

It works for deathmatch and it has rudimentary teamplay support. I'm also working on a round-based "Last Man Standing" game mode.

That's all the info I can give out on it, really.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-03, 10:18 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
make sure you PM me when you release it Ghandi
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-03, 10:20 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
You can have the current beta, if you like. Just get your email address to me somehow, and I can shoot it your way.
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-04, 10:09 AM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
k i will here is some gold

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Teddybearian

Posted 2002-04-07, 11:44 AM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
'twas pretty good ghandi
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-04-07, 04:39 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
I'm glad you like it!
I think I'm lost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Badass Gandhi

Posted 2002-04-08, 02:48 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
wut waz

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Teddybearian

Posted 2002-04-22, 11:07 AM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
I'm interested in making mods for Half-Life yet the only editor I have is gmax... and that's quite confusing... are you using any editor programs if any?

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2002-05-04, 05:13 PM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
try use rpg maker for rpg games

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Teddybearian

Posted 2002-05-05, 10:46 AM in reply to Badass Gandhi's post "Anyone here a mod maker?"
It's MOD makers, who cares RPG makes, it does not apply to Half-Life...!!!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HLomegasin