Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Job Stories
Posted 2007-04-18, 09:17 PM
I know you guys have some funny or messed up stories about things you've seen or heard or had to do on the job.(any job, past or present)

We've had a thread like this before, it was just a while back.

I work at Burger King now.. Its actually a pretty clean place for the most part.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-04-18, 10:07 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Job Stories"
I used to work at Taco Bell. It was like 1 in the morning and I was working drive thru. These girls pull up to the menu and I can tell they're drunk so I'm messin around with them havin fun. They get up to the window and I bribe them that I'll give 'em some free shit if they flash me and the other workers there. Needless to say, I got 5 girls to flash me when I only gave them the shit they ordered. Good times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-19, 06:36 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I used to work at Taco Bell. It was..."
I use to work at a golf course a couple of years back, doing summer camps and whatnot for children. I had athis group of about 5 kids that just wouldnt stop hurting each other and fellow campers, so i told them that i would do tricks and stuff if they relaxed. They agreed and sat down. I did the usually stuff, juggling the golf ball then hitting it, swinging lefty, off of one foot and the backwards shot. One kid goes hit the ball off of my foot. I said no, and when they saw that i wasnt going to do it, they started fighting again. Needless to say, i ended up doing it, and about a month later, my boss had to let me go because i couldnt be trusted. I really didnt care, but it was funny because the kid came back a month later saying that i broke his foot when i didnt. He knew it, his mom knew it and most of all his dad knew it. But they were just rich pricks that needed to show power because you all know they werent doing anything in bed at home.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-04-19, 09:57 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I use to work at a golf course a couple..."
I've mentioned it before, but about a year ago at Meijer this lady a couple of lanes behind me had a heart attack, fell back and cracked her head pretty hard on the floor. They had to close my lane down in order to have enough room to work on her, giving her CPR and the such. I wouldn't have gotten back on my lane anyway, I was pretty freaked out. She ended up dying later on, and they had to clean up blood staines on the floor from where her head hit.

On a positive note, pretty much all day yesterday Boost Mobile was "updating" their systems, which meant that their Re-Boost cards wouldn't activate anywhere in the US. I had to help one rather annoyed customer at the service des, and was with her for well over a half hour. Her original card said it was activated, but it wouldn't work, so I had to return that, put it on a return card, and try to get another one to activate. It wouldn't activate. I ended up having to call Boost and talk with a service rep, and in the end she was able to put money on her phone using her debit card over the phone.

She had dealt with two managers before myself. Before she left she told me that I should be promoted higher than them and given a huge raise.

My head inflated a bit, I think. Or so Josh said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-19, 03:49 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Job Stories"
Tooooo many hotel stories. I'm going to be there full time again in a few weeks, so I'll update then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-04-20, 08:46 AM in reply to slaynish's post "Job Stories"
It was my second day working on the floor at an Officemax in the weeks leading up to the busy back to school season. I was still being trained and I was still learning where everything was. Some cranky lady asked me where something was and I took her to where I thought it would be. Wasn't there. I was walking to the next area where what she wanted actually was when she pouted saying " I don't want a tour of the store, let me talk to your manager". I called my manger over the radio, explaining to her that I was new. She was just being a rude obnoxious bitch. The manager never showed up and she stormed out of the building as if I cared that she didnt' buy anything.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-04-20, 09:31 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "It was my second day working on the..."
My very first day at the job I work at now (I work at a rather large law firm), the girl that was training me invited me to go to lunch with her and her friends. I didn't know anybody there so I took up the offer. Me, my trainer, and two of her hot friends are eatin at this Cafe when one of them asks me if I smoke. I thought they were talking about cigs so I said no. She said, "Well, too bad because we're about to go to my jeep and smoke it out." It clicked and I was like hell yeah I smoke!

So, on my very first day at my new job I smoked with 3 hot chicks on my 1 hour lunch break. I love this job.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-20, 09:41 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "My very first day at the job I work at..."
Back when I was still being trained as a cashier I was rather nervous about carding people for alcohol. I'd card people I know looked old enought to purchase it, but I figured I'd flatter them, yanno? Yeah, I don't do that anymore. First complaint came from an older woman who complained to a manager about my carding her. Second complaint came from a man who went straight to the store director to complain. Not about the fact that he was old enough, but about the fact that he was an undercover cop and couldn't be carded. Thankfully, one of the Service Coordinators was walking by and took over for me, because he was incredibly irate, and told him I was only doing my job. Apparently he was good friends with the store director, who in the end just told him that I was doing my job too. He stormed off after paying, and the SC told me he was just BSing and that everyone you ask for an ID for has to show you it, regardless of their occupation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-04-20, 12:21 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "My very first day at the job I work at..."
Thanatos said:
My very first day at the job I work at now (I work at a rather large law firm), the girl that was training me invited me to go to lunch with her and her friends. I didn't know anybody there so I took up the offer. Me, my trainer, and two of her hot friends are eatin at this Cafe when one of them asks me if I smoke. I thought they were talking about cigs so I said no. She said, "Well, too bad because we're about to go to my jeep and smoke it out." It clicked and I was like hell yeah I smoke!

So, on my very first day at my new job I smoked with 3 hot chicks on my 1 hour lunch break. I love this job.
That's quite a story, mate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-20, 12:22 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Back when I was still being trained as..."
Jessifer said:
Back when I was still being trained as a cashier I was rather nervous about carding people for alcohol. I'd card people I know looked old enought to purchase it, but I figured I'd flatter them, yanno? Yeah, I don't do that anymore. First complaint came from an older woman who complained to a manager about my carding her. Second complaint came from a man who went straight to the store director to complain. Not about the fact that he was old enough, but about the fact that he was an undercover cop and couldn't be carded. Thankfully, one of the Service Coordinators was walking by and took over for me, because he was incredibly irate, and told him I was only doing my job. Apparently he was good friends with the store director, who in the end just told him that I was doing my job too. He stormed off after paying, and the SC told me he was just BSing and that everyone you ask for an ID for has to show you it, regardless of their occupation.
Well I can kinda see why an undercover cop could get by with not showing you their ID, or wouldn't be allowed to show you anyway. Since they are undercover and all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-20, 12:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well I can kinda see why an undercover..."
Surely their normal ID card or whatever it is, would not give away the fact that they were an undercover cop, though?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-20, 12:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well I can kinda see why an undercover..."
Wait, why's it matter that he's undercover. Wouldn't he be undercover to make sure that they WERE carding? hmm
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-04-20, 01:03 PM in reply to klo's post starting "Wait, why's it matter that he's..."
Wow! klo got 50% activity.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-20, 01:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Wow! klo got 50% activity."
WW, what would your job stories entail? You were running microsoft excel when all of a sudden you got a blue screen of death ...and 3 hours worth of office work disappear?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-20, 02:12 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "WW, what would your job stories entail?..."
Willkillforfood said:
WW, what would your job stories entail? You were running microsoft excel when all of a sudden you got a blue screen of death ...and 3 hours worth of office work disappear?
WW won't tell anything about his work because he thinks we're all murderers or something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-20, 04:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "WW won't tell anything about his work..."
Wouldn't be surprising, to be honest.

Job stories... Went t'work today, and the bleedin' fella went an' got blood all over me! Daft bugger spur'ed 'e did. Couldn't get it orff, neiver. I'da knifed 'im if I 'adn't already.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-20, 04:38 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Wouldn't be surprising, to be honest...."
He was a bloody bleeder AHAHAHAHAH
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-21, 08:26 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Wouldn't be surprising, to be honest...."
I don't understand gay.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-04-21, 08:33 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I don't understand gay."
I was just imagining a murderer regaling the locals down at the pub with his job stories for that day... someone who goes out a kills for a living, yet gets annoyed, and cares a lot, about getting blood all over himself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-21, 09:17 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I was just imagining a murderer..."
Lenny said:
I was just imagining a murderer regaling the locals down at the pub with his job stories for that day... someone who goes out a kills for a living, yet gets annoyed, and cares a lot, about getting blood all over himself.
What?????
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY