Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

is the unique thresher any good?
Posted 2004-04-20, 06:37 AM
i found the unique thresher and i was wondering is it suppose to be good? i am on east ladder sc and i was also wondering if i should replace it for my mercs 2 amn regular bonehew?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-04-20, 11:25 AM in reply to iceman887's post "is the unique thresher any good?"
Nope. I vote to keep the bonehew. BTW thats quite a merc you got there if he can use a bonehew without any HEL or -15% req jewel in it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-04-20, 01:50 PM in reply to iceman887's post "is the unique thresher any good?"
Stick with your bonehew. Has decent life leech with the amn runes, and the chance to cast bonespear along with the great range of damage. Keep the bonehew, it has a greater minimum damage and the max could be almost 600 (almost perfect).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-04-20, 01:59 PM in reply to iceman887's post "is the unique thresher any good?"
Keep Bonehew
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-04-20, 03:07 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Keep Bonehew"
well lol i let the merc use gris armor with a perf amthesyest thing in it and i was thinking this about the reaper's toll, it has 13% steal life already right? so if i socket it and add amn, it will have more life steal than the 2 amn bonehew and it has ignore target defense AND 33% deadly strike, so it always hits and does double damage sometimes and it might not die as much right? if it always hits and steals life a lot, also anyone know if the thresher might be worth something and what should i socket my gris armor with on my merc?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-04-20, 03:11 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "well lol i let the merc use gris armor..."
iceman887 said:
well lol i let the merc use gris armor with a perf amthesyest thing in it and i was thinking this about the reaper's toll, it has 13% steal life already right? so if i socket it and add amn, it will have more life steal than the 2 amn bonehew and it has ignore target defense AND 33% deadly strike, so it always hits and does double damage sometimes and it might not die as much right? if it always hits and steals life a lot, also anyone know if the thresher might be worth something and what should i socket my gris armor with on my merc?

A giant thresher or a regualr thresher??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Doofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDoofus_AW enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Doofus_AW

Posted 2004-04-20, 03:15 PM in reply to Doofus_AW's post starting "A giant thresher or a regualr thresher??"
I think it's a regular Thresher. I don't think they made another unique Giant Thresher.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-20, 03:32 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I think it's a regular Thresher. I..."
He's talking about the regular thresher(I think it's called like the reapers toll.)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-04-20, 03:50 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "He's talking about the regular..."
Oops.. My bad. It is Reaper's Toll. I thought you were refering to a Stormspire which is a unique Giant Thresher. In that case the only reason to keep the bonehew over the Reaper's is if your are a Necro or you are another character using a curse (like a pally using Dracs). You shouldn't even need to waste a socket quest on the reaper's. The life leach it comes with should be sufficent. When the decrep curse hits then your merc ends up hitting them alot more than they hit him (usually). I would dump the Griz armor in favor of a Shaftstop or an Up'ed Shaftstop.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-04-20, 04:11 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Oops.. My bad. It is Reaper's Toll. I..."
ok so u say switch to reaper toll and switch to shaftstop? btw for the helm im using tal mask, man kockblocker i wish u had aim(aol instant messanger), lol im always in need to ask questions and the only one that i ask is vollstrecker cuz he got aim and knows a lot too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

iceman887

Posted 2004-04-20, 04:26 PM in reply to iceman887's post starting "ok so u say switch to reaper toll and..."
You can get at me through AIM with kockblocker3. I live in Hawaii though so most times I am at work while you people are on, then when I get on everyone is sleeping.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-04-20, 04:52 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "You can get at me through AIM with..."
i like reapers toll better for is 33% chance to cast decrypt and its MUCH faster than bonehew, other than that they are both good merc wepons but i favor reapers better
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-04-20, 05:12 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "i like reapers toll better for is 33%..."
An Eth Bonehew with 2x 40/15 ias would smite pretty hard...

That's more than what most people would spend on their merc though. I'd likely just go with Reaper's Toll.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-20, 06:17 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "An Eth Bonehew with 2x 40/15 ias would..."
Vollstrecker said:
An Eth Bonehew with 2x 40/15 ias would smite pretty hard...

That's more than what most people would spend on their merc though. I'd likely just go with Reaper's Toll.
I agree. That bonehew would be worth more than a doom criptic axe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kockblocker1