Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Earphones or Headphones?
Posted 2008-08-25, 04:46 PM
Hear all ye Zelaronians that have portable music players! What do you own, earphones or headphones and of what type? I prefer earphones and have Skullcandy Titan earphones for my Ipod 3rd gen video. It's nice because of it's large sound reduction and bass booster.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-25, 05:36 PM in reply to Wallow's post "Earphones or Headphones?"
Samsung P2 and Sony DR-BT21G No wires, no dongles!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-25, 05:58 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Samsung P2..."
Sennheiser HD 600. Great if your source audio is of exceptional quality. If not, crackling noises, sound effect clippings and high-frequency interferences will become extraordinarily blatant.

"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-08-25, 06:44 PM in reply to Wallow's post "Earphones or Headphones?"
wallow i have a pair like yours but different brand i like earphones
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-08-25, 07:31 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "wallow i have a pair like yours but..."
$20 earphones, no problem stealth and good bass response, I enjoy them.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-08-25, 07:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "$20 earphones, no problem stealth and..."
I prefer headphones.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-08-27, 04:50 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Earphones or Headphones?"
I like headphones better, in general.
Two years ago, I used my Sennheiser HD555 all the time. Then someone thought it was a good idea to steal them (and I agree with that person), a bought a new pair of them. But for some reason, my adapter gets crooked after about 2 hours of usage, so I don't have the energy to use them anylonger. Sad, because the sound was perfect for me.

Instead of buying new adapters twice a day, I use some cheap in ear-phones from Koss. I don't really like to put things into my ears, but nowadays I rarely listen to music anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
skeptiskt enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzskeptiskt enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

skeptiskt

Posted 2008-08-27, 06:23 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Earphones or Headphones?"
i typically go for anything i can hear what im trying to listen to. And something that doesnt feel like my ears are going go break. Durring raiding on WoW my headphones litereally would cause me alot of pain and i eventually told the guild im signing off because it hurt to bad. I like the bis earphones with squishy sides like chruser.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-27, 07:21 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "i typically go for anything i can hear..."
My first sound reductor earphones were also Skullcandy, as they are a very good brand. I got Smoking earbuds from my Dad who disliked using earphones, and I used them for a while. Then I had a problem, the plug type was like a hook instead of being just straight down, so the wire started to fray really easily at the beginning of the plug. This wire continued to fray until I could only hear through 1 ear unless I twisted the plug in all different directions until I could find a "signal." This went on for at least a month in a half until the plug finally caused no sound in both ears no matter how I twisted it. So I chucked those earphones into the trash and bought a new pair off of the Skullcandy web. They worked fine for a longer time than the old ones, but I eventually had the same problem as the Skullcandy company had not fixed the type of plug it had. What annoyed me is that my friend bought the same earphones a little later and got the new straight plug with the smoking buds. So here I was until the present twisting the plug in a manner of ways to get sound in both ears, and I finally I got an excuse to buy new headphones. I forgot my smoking buds on the plane to my vacation. So when I got home I finally bought a new pair which I mentioned before were Skullcandy Titan Earphones. The difference between the two is one, Titan earphones were more expensive, and two, Titan has more sound reduction but less bass while smoking buds had the opposite.

Last edited by Wallow; 2008-08-27 at 07:23 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-27, 12:05 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "My first sound reductor earphones were..."
If it was just the plug, you could have gotten a straight replacement plug at RadioShack and fixed the problem at the source. Or you could get Bluetooth earphones and really fix the problem at the source. No wires=win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-27, 02:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If it was just the plug, you could have..."
ww thats true wireless is the way to go now a days
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-08-27, 02:58 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "My first sound reductor earphones were..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
The difference between the two is one, Titan earphones were more expensive, and two, Titan has more sound reduction but less bass while smoking buds had the opposite.

I like smoking buds personally..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-08-27, 04:07 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I like smoking buds personally.."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I like smoking buds personally..
Yea, I'm thinking about returning my Titans and buy smoking earphones online. The Titan earphones I have just don't want to stay in my ears when I'm working. I'll give my ears a week to get used to them, but if I have no results, I'm returning them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-27, 09:03 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Earphones or Headphones?"
I also have Skullcandy earphones.

And the input type isn't the "hook" model.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-27, 09:27 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Earphones or Headphones?"
i don't really care about brand names and what not, but personally i like headphones better than earphones just because they're more comfortable. i can't get earphones to just sit in my ear, i'm always readjusting them and they keep falling out, they start to hurt my like ear bones after a while lol, and i have to just stop listening to my music.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti

Posted 2008-08-27, 10:02 AM in reply to Tuttifrutti's post starting "i don't really care about brand names..."
Tuttifrutti said: [Goto]
i don't really care about brand names and what not, but personally i like headphones better than earphones just because they're more comfortable. i can't get earphones to just sit in my ear, i'm always readjusting them and they keep falling out, they start to hurt my like ear bones after a while lol, and i have to just stop listening to my music.
I guess it all depends on what ear you have, if that makes sense. Like Apple earphones fit real nicely into my ear when I got an Ipod, but I had to get used to sound reductor earphones with the pad at the end. BTW Thanatos, those were the exact earphones I had trouble with.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-27, 11:26 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I guess it all depends on what ear you..."
Haven't had trouble with them yet. I like em.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-27, 11:41 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Haven't had trouble with them yet. I..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Haven't had trouble with them yet. I like em.
Like I said, it was the hook plug. Otherwise they're decent earphones with a nice bass and sound reduction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-27, 02:21 PM in reply to Wallow's post "Earphones or Headphones?"
I'm a big fan of earphones, and I've got some over the ear Phillips:

Decent sound, and it's nice to have ones that stay in all the time. I've lost one of the buds, though, which is a bummer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-08-27, 08:53 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm a big fan of earphones, and I've..."
i actually have some like that but i still can't get them to actually stay in my ear, i'm always readjusting and it just makes my ears sore. i had headphones that have that little over the ear plastic piece, so they just sit on my ear instead of having a big like headband thing over my head. i lost them though, it still makes me sad
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeTuttifrutti shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Tuttifrutti