Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Live Free or Die Hard
Posted 2007-07-16, 12:58 PM
Saw it last night. Despite a couple of technical/scientific inaccuracies, it was pretty awesome. I have to admit, before going in, I had my concerns considering how long it's been since the last installment and the fact that this one is rated PG-13. It was quite the action flick, though, with an excellent cameo by Kevin Smith. Maybe the best "yippie-kai-aye motherfucker" since the first one. Willis still has it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-16, 02:10 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post "Live Free or Die Hard"
Sounds good, i'ma go check it out one of these weekends, or probably end up waiting til it comes out on DVD like everything else

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-18, 10:48 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Sounds good, i'ma go check it out one..."
My dad wants me to go see it with him. I may go, but we're moving this weekend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-18, 12:11 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "My dad wants me to go see it with him...."
Its entertaining but WAY OVER THE TOP. If you are one of those people who get pissed off about something being very unrealistic, this probably isn't the movie for you. Its an entertaining action flic to go see in theaters though. C+ or B-.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-07-18, 05:18 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "Its entertaining but WAY OVER THE TOP...."
I should probably watch this series. I'm not really a movie guy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-18, 10:00 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I should probably watch this series. ..."
Die Hard 1 and 3 are worth a watch but 2 is meh...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-07-18, 11:03 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post "Live Free or Die Hard"
Looks like a good action movie, might check it out this weekend.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-07-19, 01:29 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Looks like a good action movie, might..."
It is absolutely over-the-top action. I guess I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. If you're looking for a character driven story with compelling plot twists, this would not be the series for you. If, on the other hand, you actively want to suspend disbelief for 90 minutes and watch "bad guys" get what's coming to them, then by all means, watch a Die Hard movie.

Having said that, I must say I enjoyed the second movie at least as much as 1 and 3. This is partly due to the fact that the overdub for the television edit was absolutely hilarious. It sounded like Bruce Willis had a cold when they recorded the edit track. That, or they got someone else entirely to do the dub. "Yippie-kai-aye" (voice changes) "Mister Falcon." Classic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-19, 02:23 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "It is absolutely over-the-top action. ..."
I love the series and the 4th was def a great movie, that is, if you like not believing anything that happens. IDK. I like that shit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY