Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Think I just made a mistake
Posted 2006-04-01, 06:18 AM
I told a good friend of mine I wouldn't drive him to Portland (at least 7 hour drive) for Warped Tour.

I said my reason was "because I don't want to support crappy produced music."

Now, I was thinking about this (mostly because he was really pissed off) and I was comparing it with pharmasistststs(sp) not selling day-after pills, or even driving someone to get an abortion; becuase I'm for abortion I found that ludacris. However, in my current situation I think I should stand up for what I believe in, I believe that the Warped Tour is trash and ruining music.

I also rationalized it by saying I would bring him if he was my kid (mostly as a joke, but I meant it). Mostly becuase it'd be a decent way to funnel music into a kids head. For example, I started out with Will Smith, which lead to Green Day which was OK at the time.

Anyway, I'm ranting, 5AM, what's your opinion?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2006-04-01, 06:49 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Think I just made a mistake"
I would have done the same thing. I doubt very many people would drive 14 hours (round trip) just to let their friend see some trashy music.

And I dont think comparing leisure activites to abortion makes much sence O_o
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-04-01, 07:07 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I would have done the same thing. I..."
Thanks for the reply.

Well I'm just trying to justify it and see it from other points of view. I'd take him if it was for a huge LAN or something cool, but I'm specifically not taking him because it's for a stupid cause.

Once again, thanks, I need some support here
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2006-04-01, 07:41 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Think I just made a mistake"
Why should your ass have to drive 7 hours to see a shitty concert? That's really pushing his luck. Even a 3 hour drive sucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-04-01, 07:44 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Think I just made a mistake"
Whats the Warped tour?
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2006-04-01, 07:47 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Why should your ass have to drive 7..."
I do agree about the shitty bands part.

I wonder how some people felt about back in the day like woodstock?

If you think about it, its kind of like the warped tour, a lot of bands, except great bands played at woodstock. Idk im just trying to compare.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2006-04-01, 08:06 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "I do agree about the shitty bands part...."
Yeah I ahte that u cant get morning after pills at the drug store w/o prescription > gotta wrap it up EVERY time
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2006-04-01, 11:07 AM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Yeah I ahte that u cant get morning..."
7 hour drive for no reason? Your friend is a selfish bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-04-01, 12:20 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Think I just made a mistake"
Well, assuming that you'd be going 60 mph and your car gets 30 mpg, around here you would pay about $72.52 for gas. It must be even more expensive over there, and your car probably doesn't get that good of gas mileage. I'd say maybe if it were 2 hours, but not 7. That is a waste of time and gas. What the hell are you supposed to do? Save your ears or go with him?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-04-01, 02:01 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Think I just made a mistake"
Warped Tour is going to fucking own
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2006-04-01, 02:29 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Think I just made a mistake"
`Insolence` said:
becuase I'm for abortion I found that ludacris
You're FOR abortion? I've never heard of someone being FOR abortion, I've heard of anti abortion and pro choice, but never FOR abortion. Sicko.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2006-04-01, 04:06 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You're FOR abortion? I've never heard..."
I aborted New Orleans.

Anyway, he said he'd pay for gas, and I could do what I always wanted to do while he was at the tour: I could go to a LAN center.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2006-04-01, 05:00 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "I aborted New Orleans. Anyway, he..."
I still wouldn't go. He'd have to pay for gas, a little bit extra for the mileage that woudl be put on the car, and for whatever minor expenses that may come from spending time at a LAN center.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-04-01, 05:28 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I still wouldn't go. He'd have to pay..."
Today he doesn't seem to pissed off, I'm glad this worked out because yesturday was the first day I felt great all spring break.

It's all falling back together now, thanks guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`

Posted 2006-04-01, 09:17 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Today he doesn't seem to pissed off,..."
Your friend is not what one would call a "friend." He's a "person who wants to use you."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-04-01, 09:18 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Your friend is not what one would call..."
Yeah pretty much. If he were a friend he would set up a LAN party for you and give you cash to do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-04-01, 10:42 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Yeah pretty much. If he were a friend..."
Alright thanks guys, he's cool with it now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

`Insolence`