Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

User Notes?
Posted 2004-05-04, 09:11 PM
What the hell are "User Notes"?

Ex_M mentioned em in a thread about d3v, and how he had only negative user notes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-05-04, 09:13 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "User Notes?"
I posted this in that thread made by Ex-mania about d3v:

Sovereign said:
User notes are something sup mods plus can only see i think. Basically, a sup mod + can post literally a little note on a users name that says that "Mjordan was warned for flaming outside the ff on this date" and whatnot. Its just a way for staff to see what a person has been doing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Penny_Bags said:
What the hell are "User Notes"?

Ex_M mentioned em in a thread about d3v, and how he had only negative user notes.
Sovereign posted an explanation on the second page of that thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

They are notes that Staff members make about members that have received warnings, etc. Nothing more, just reference.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-05-04, 09:24 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I posted this in that thread made by..."
Negative. Mods can do it too. I've posted user notes for asshats I've warned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-04, 09:28 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Negative. Mods can do it too. I've..."
So it is only for warnings? [brag]Then I must not have any user notes![/brag]... unless there is one that says I have never been warned.

I probably should be warned... I do alot of off-colar name calling outside of the FF.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-05-04, 09:35 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "So it is only for warnings? Then I must..."
It's for more than Warnings, but that's its most common use.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-04, 09:41 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It's for more than Warnings, but that's..."
This is how we get to usernotes (Mods+)
and these are what they look like -_^
They work sortof like permanent records

(Damn it's hard to write with a mouse)

Edit: 
nvm the attachment didnt work

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2004-05-11, 07:36 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post starting "This is how we get to usernotes (Mods+)..."
re-try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!GO ogogog og ogogogogog
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2004-05-11, 09:56 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "re-try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..."
Intresting, this information should make some people act in a more appropriate manner. And do these notes stay around for ever or eventually get taken off ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-05-11, 10:11 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "Intresting, this information should..."
You can edit them but once you get a user note, that note stays there for the duration of your acounts existance. Its a good way to keep track of repeat spammers and whatnot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-11, 11:55 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "You can edit them but once you get a..."
Ohh so what the hell's my user note said?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-05-12, 07:17 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Ohh so what the hell's my user note..."
Ganga said:
Ohh so what the hell's my user note said?
You have no user notes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-12, 10:18 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "You have no user notes."
I been here 1 and half year and I don't have user notes, I feel unspeical.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-05-12, 02:48 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "I been here 1 and half year and I don't..."
Apparently, I dont think I have any either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-05-12, 03:18 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "I been here 1 and half year and I don't..."
User notes were introduced when we switched the VB 3 i think.....

And user notes are usually not for a good thing -_- you dont want them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-13, 10:52 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "User notes were introduced when we..."
Who the fuck is you to tell me what I do or don't want.

Ten Character Limit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-05-13, 11:39 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Who the fuck is you to tell me what I..."
I 'is' the one that writes them. I don't know many people that like "Acted like a flaming jackass in multiple threads. NExt offence is a ban" associated with them

But of course, being the smartass you try to be, youll say otherwise.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-05-14, 12:30 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I 'is' the one that writes them. I..."
This is what it looks like, no big deal. Just an extra area for mods + to see and use.
Attached Images
File Type: gif notes.gif (9.1 KB, 10 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-05-14, 04:56 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "This is what it looks like, no big..."
ooo c00l do i have any?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-