Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want to see a second tournament?
Yes 12 80.00%
No 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

So ends the first tournament.
Posted 2004-05-09, 11:44 PM
Well, the Video Game Melee tournament has finally come to a close. A champion has been crowned (see the Bracket Thread for details) and the arena has been emptied.

With that first (and far too long) tournament out of the way, the time has come to decide where Zelaron Melee will progress from here.

The first important question to pose is do you want to see another tournament? This first tournament was mainly an exercise in experimentation. If there are to be future tournaments, they will not take nearly as long as this one did, and they will certainly be managed much differently.

The biggest change that will be made to future tournaments is that I will no longer be judging them. I can't seem to restrain myself from participating, and to also have decisive power over the matches comes across as unfair. I tried creating new rules to accomodate this in the past, but none worked, so I will be stepping down from the judging aspect from here on out. I will continue to moderate this forum and create and update matches, but I will no longer decide the outcome.

So, I suppose the purpose of this thread is mainly to ask you if you want to see future tournaments. Take notice, that if there is to be a second tournament, it will most likely not focus on video game characters like this one did. If you all collectively decide that you want another tournament, then we will begin the process of deciding what sort of competition it will be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel