Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

View Poll Results: Which Video Card?
GeForce4 TI 4200 128MB 10 71.43%
RADEON 9500 128MB 3 21.43%
other (explain) 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Post Which video card to buy?
Posted 2002-12-18, 11:14 AM
ive decided to not get a console but rather to get a new video card for games coming out in the future. im wondering whether or not i should get me a Radeon of some sort or a GForce. i have about $150 right now and i'm thinkin of getting a Radeon 9500 (like xenn) or a GF4 ti 4200 128 megs ram. yeah this is enough to get the cards and im just wondering about what everybody elses opinions are on this situation. explain why i should get the card.

if its a different card, name it and say why.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-12-18, 11:18 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
Get the GF4, it's better than the 9500. If that was a 9700 I'd recommend it, but the 9500 isn't as good as the GF4 (and this is coming from a usual ATI fanboy)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-18, 11:24 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
what? gf4 for $150? pftttttttttt not unless its a fake on ebay....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2002-12-18, 12:13 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
Go for the GeForce4
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-12-18, 12:58 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
You dont even need a G4 you know.
My G3 ti4600 does everything I need it to and will continue to do so for quite a while.
I'd go with that.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-12-18, 01:07 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
well.. my geforce4 is good... but even it's startin to have games that dont run perfectly... even though its real good, it doesnt make miracles so go with geforce4.... besides.. the newer geforce is better than the radeon for gaming (in my opinion)

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2002-12-18, 02:19 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
shit i voted for the 9500 oops gforce unless you get 9700 pro
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell Hound

Posted 2002-12-18, 02:40 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
Get the Radeon 9500, even if it's a little less powerful does the Geforce support Direct X 9?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2002-12-18, 03:29 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
I thought the 9700 was the only ATI for DX9 right now?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-18, 03:29 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
Knight-Rider said:
what? gf4 for $150? pftttttttttt not unless its a fake on ebay....
Dumbass, GF4Ti4200 is like $110

DaFrigginDoctah said:
You dont even need a G4 you know.
My G3 ti4600 does everything I need it to and will continue to do so for quite a while.
I'd go with that.
GF3Ti500? That's what I have, there is no GF3 ti4600 -_-

EX-Mania said:
well.. my geforce4 is good... but even it's startin to have games that dont run perfectly... even though its real good, it doesnt make miracles so go with geforce4.... besides.. the newer geforce is better than the radeon for gaming (in my opinion)
Well the Radeon 9700 Pro is about twice as powerful as the GF4Ti4600.. not sure about the 9500 though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-12-18, 03:30 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
i think it is to
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHell Hound is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hell Hound

Posted 2002-12-18, 03:40 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
DX9 - 9500, 9500 Pro, 9700, 9700 Pro
DX8 - 8500LE, 9000, 9000 Pro
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-12-18, 03:58 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
The 9500 is basically a neutered 9700.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2002-12-18, 04:00 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
That's why I hate getting cards like that. It's the same fucking thing they just underclocked it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-12-18, 04:04 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
Yeah ti500 I meant.
I had just woken up go fuck yourself.

What kind of G4 do you have and what games are not running properly and how so?

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2002-12-18, 04:06 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
He probably meant the DOOMIII alpha, and that's because the code isn't even optimized in that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-12-18, 04:40 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
GF4!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-12-18, 05:33 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
im not about to spend an extra 200-300 for a 9700 when i can get the gf4 which performs like 75% as well for 1/4 the price.

but as of right now it looks like the gf4 will be it.

and btw who gives a shit about dx9 compatible, not a damn game that i know of can use it yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-12-18, 06:04 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
Actually the ti4200 is more like 30% =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2002-12-18, 06:06 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post "Which video card to buy?"
in price or performance?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ask_rabber