Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Soukou no Strain
Posted 2006-12-07, 07:22 PM
I've started watching this series recently. It's yet another mech drama, with little to differentiate it from other such shows, yet for some reason I really like it.

In this universe, the struggle is between the Union and the Deague, two groups that fell into conflict as humanity expanded into space. The Union fight with Gambees, which are piloted humanoid form robots, as well as with Strain, an advanced piloted robot which is apparently primarily controlled telepathicly. A Strain can only be piloted by a Reasoner, which is a person from which brain cells were extracted before birth to create an interface, their Mimic. The Deague fight with Tumors, which are small automated leach form bots with strong manipulator arms as well as an oft-used explosive self-destruct.

The story starts with Sara Werec saying goodbye to her brother, Ralph Werec, a top-ranked Strain pilot who is leaving to fight the Deague. In order to be able to be close to her brother, Sara puts her full effort into training as a Reasoner. One night, the Deague attacks the academy Sara is training at, and the usual Tumors are accompanied by a mysterious Strain. Sara fights this Strain only to be defeated; injured and her Mimic destroied, Sara escapes the wreckage of her Strain to find the mysterious Strain landed by an old research facility. She goes to investigate, to find the pilot, her brother, carrying a strange girl out of the facility and into his Strain. Despite Sara's pleading, Ralph doesn't say a word and simply leaves. So begins Sara's life as a Gambee pilot, still strugling to be able to get close to her brother, but now for a different reason.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2006-12-07, 07:53 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Soukou no Strain"
Hmmmmmm. War animes are always good. How many eps have been subbed?

EDIT:

Animesuki had them up. Dlign now ^.^

Last edited by Sovereign; 2006-12-07 at 08:57 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-12-08, 02:15 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Soukou no Strain"
Sounds real good I just hope it isn't like the Gundam Seed series or anything like that because those just pissed me off.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-01-05, 04:16 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Soukou no Strain"
WinD's seemingly random release schedule is pissing me off. They finally released 8 and 9 yesterday. Fortunately, Shinsen seems to be catching up, so maybe we'll have a viable second source.

Anyway, is anyone besides me and Sovereign watching this show?
When they talk about the second sample on the ship near the end of ep 8, what do you think they're talking about? Is it Emily's mimic? Sara? Could it be that the papers that Ralph clutches while he's spitting up blood in 8 or 9 are the same ones he was holding when he said goodbye to Sara in ep 1?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-01-05, 04:39 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "WinD's seemingly random release..."
I'm curious as to why he was spitting up blood. He looks like hes in tip top physical shape to me. I'm also very interested in what the angry loli is going to do now. She had befriended the sister of the man that killed her brother. I was rather suprised she didn't shoot Sara without hesitation.

One by one, Sara's friends get killed. Wonder if any of them will be alive by the end?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-01-10, 07:58 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "WinD's seemingly random release..."
I JUST found this I will watch it soon right now im finishing up CCS.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-01-22, 10:30 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Soukou no Strain"
Re ep10:
Well, ep10 pretty much answered all of our big questions only to leave us with new ones. The biggest is probably what the relationship between the aliens and the Strain is. The aliens encountered on Earth didn't seem to have the ships that attacked Ralph, but the ships that attacked him look a lot like Strain. It would appear that the aliens were directly connected to their ships, but humans use mimics. I'm starting to doubt that the link between a person and their mimic is due only to sympathetic brain patterns due to shared brain matter; could it be that in the same operation that takes brain cells, something of alien origin is added back?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-02-22, 08:14 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Soukou no Strain"
This series is finally complete, so if you've been waiting, now's the time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired