Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Any Survivor fans?
Posted 2015-03-10, 08:00 PM
Just curious if any of you follow the show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-03-11, 08:47 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Any Survivor fans?"
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Just curious if any of you follow the show.
I never have seen it. Any good?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2015-03-11, 08:42 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I never have seen it. Any good?"
I would consider myself a fan. In the last few years I've watched almost every season. I recently introduced Chruser to the show and he seems to enjoy it as well.

As far as reality shows go, it is IMO one of the closest to a "reality" show, considering the extreme conditions and how they affect the players. I quite enjoy watching them suffer, and watching their minds break down in the midst of the paranoia-inducing and strategically challenging game. Maybe Chruser will chime in and give his take on the show.

I'm patiently awaiting the newest episode of the latest season (E03, so if anyone wants to get into it and follow along it's early enough to easily catch up and this seems like a great season to start with.)

One drawback for the show is that it's somewhat difficult for new viewers to get started with it, unless you just have no intent to watch any older seasons or something. Some of the best seasons of the show have returning players (the "best" by many opinions is composed of all returning players) so it is difficult to watch the show while avoiding spoilers for previous seasons unless you actively plan which seasons to watch when or watch them in order (which isn't the best approach, really, because some seasons are really mediocre and not worth watching until you're running out of seasons to watch IMO.) Another difficulty that new viewers have is that the game has changed quite a lot over the years, with new twists and tweaks being added and removed from the game from season to season.

If anyone is interested in finding out how to best get started with watching the show, I can help. I've already come up with some materials that cover which seasons contain spoilers for which seasons and such. I can also assist with acquiring older seasons of the show (or newer episodes as they are released,) just send me a PM.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2015-03-11 at 08:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-03-20, 06:37 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Any Survivor fans?"
Does anyone die in Survivor? If not, isn't everyone a survivor? How do you lose a show where all you have to do is survive?? Can't they get in trouble if somebody dies???
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2015-03-23, 12:06 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Does anyone die in Survivor? If not,..."
Nobody has died during any filming of Survivor that I'm aware of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-03-23, 08:38 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nobody has died during any filming of..."
Perhaps that's the secret. Survivor isn't about who can survive... it's about being unable to die!!!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai