Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Fun community idea I had
Posted 2008-05-20, 01:01 PM
So, I was thinking for games like D2, SC2, WoW(maybe) and any others you can think of. We should have a community account. Something only say, Senior Members know at Zelaron, and when we're bored, or need help or W.E.! we could log on. Kinda like the telephone game, one person starts a character/account and plays, then someone else gets on and does whatever they want. It would be cool to see some finished products(d2 wow) and I suppose with SC it would just be our zelaron record. What do you think?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-20, 01:06 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Fun community idea I had"
Good idea, but some moron could exploit the account after it got to a certain point and then everyone would lose out.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-20, 01:09 PM in reply to Kaneda's post "Fun community idea I had"
True sounds like a really fun idea. Reminds me of something you could do with animal crossing. But D3V is right : ( someone would ruin it for everyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-05-20, 11:50 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "True sounds like a really fun idea...."
Best way to do it would be to have the password either only available to admins or only available to staff. When someone wants to get on it, they ask one of the staff for the password. The password is temporarily changed and given to them, and they are the only one other than staff to know it. This way, the staff always know who has access to the account. If I give coffeedagger the password and suddenly the account is stripped, I know who did it and permaban him.

It would have to be only available to people who have been here for a while or something, though. Also, I'd be slightly worried that if an account is used on so many different computers, there's a lot more of a chance of someone having a keylogger and getting the account stolen, not only losing the account, but making it look like they took it.

It's not a bad idea in theory, but it would be a lot of trouble to make it work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-21, 04:55 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Best way to do it would be to have the..."
Members who want to use the account should state that they are aware of the risks of losing it due to keyloggers, trojans and other types of viruses, and guarantee that they have scanned their computers for viruses using HouseCall or similar anti-virus software.

Should they fail to do so, and are responsible for losing the account, they will be banned. Perhaps valuable items can be stored on a separate, admin-only account so an eventual loss of a member account in a relevant game would not be catastrophic.

Personally, I think a permanent ban is a little harsh. A one-to-two-month ban from Zelaron and a permanent ban from future Zelaron gaming accounts sounds more reasonable. Not to mention you would require to be a senior member on Zelaron, and preferably have a registration date six months or more into the past.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-05-21 at 05:01 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-05-21, 08:13 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Members who want to use the account..."
In WoW, gear is soulbound and cannot be traded.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-05-21, 08:15 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Members who want to use the account..."
How about a registration date of 6 years ago? Holy fuck ZELARON IS KEEPING ME HOSTAGE.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-05-21, 01:03 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "How about a registration date of 6..."
Anyways, I don't think alot of us here would really be that into jacking everything, but you never know I guess. Really good ideas here. Wish I could help orchestrate some but I don't get much time for the comp games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda