Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: De-Mod Yawgmoth?
Yes 18 69.23%
No 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2008-06-27, 11:11 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "All Yawgmoth has done since recieve his..."
I have to agree with Coriander on this one. It did seem like a hostile take over and that caught everyone off guard because we are so laid back, and the changes are usually a slow process, not so sudden.

As for your post on reasoning Chruser, I don't like it. It makes too much sense. For some reason, it makes for a sound decision and I totally agree, but it feels.... I don't know a big word for it, but it feels off. Other than that, I am neutral on the situation. I don't care who is mod, S-mod, SD-mod, or whatever, as long as he has a sense of humor and can accept that while he/she may have a strict code of ethics, there are others who are different, and must not abuse thier power.

So far, I have yet to see or hear of such abuse, which is why I stand neutral.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-06-27, 11:18 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "De-Mod Yawgmoth?"
Man who gives a shit, no one really cares who gets mod anyway.

As long as we don't give any WOMEN mod because whiny vaginas always ruin forums.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2008-06-27, 11:19 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Man who gives a shit, no one really..."
Then why on earth did we give Yawgmoth a mod!?!?!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-27, 11:25 PM in reply to Coriander's post starting "Then why on earth did we give Yawgmoth..."
Coriander said: [Goto]
Then why on earth did we give Yawgmoth a mod!?!?!!
What do you care? You're just as much of a no-name shrimp as he is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2008-06-27, 11:30 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "What do you care? You're just as much..."
It was simply me calling Yawgmoth a woman..You didn't get it. Perhaps a qoute was neccassery.

Why do I care?

Cause even though I don't have 2k, 3k, 10k, posts, this place has grown on me. And I would like it to not be ran into the ground by a person with power issues.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-06-28, 12:17 AM in reply to Coriander's post starting "It was simply me calling Yawgmoth a..."
Cause even though I don't have 2k, 3k, 10k, posts, this place has grown on me. And I would like it to not be ran into the ground by a person with power issues.
I kinda agree on this. I don't have very many post either, but I've come here for years. At, first, I only posted in places at certain times because I really don't have much to talk about. It's actually still that way.

Although I really don't like Yawgmoth (just because it seems that he doesn't seem to see things others create as important as they themselves see it) but I agree with Chruser about his ability to spark change.

Think about it, when was the last time we got so worked up over someone here? If necessary, take it to the flame forum and get out what you need to say. Bring his head out of the clouds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-06-28, 12:17 AM in reply to Coriander's post starting "It was simply me calling Yawgmoth a..."
I would like it to not be ran into the ground by a person with power issues.

I have notified Yawgmoth that the Zelaron Administration (or preferably all members) should be notified of his ideas for changes prior to enacting them, thus giving others a chance to stop unequivocally unfavorable changes if necessary. Of course, I don't expect this to always happen (as I like the idea of having initiative-taking members in the Zelaron Administration), but I think it would save all of us some trouble, particularly now that things are very mercurial.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-28 at 12:23 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-28, 01:32 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I have notified Yawgmoth that the..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
I have notified Yawgmoth that the Zelaron Administration (or preferably all members) should be notified of his ideas for changes prior to enacting them, thus giving others a chance to stop unequivocally unfavorable changes if necessary. Of course, I don't expect this to always happen (as I like the idea of having initiative-taking members in the Zelaron Administration), but I think it would save all of us some trouble, particularly now that things are very mercurial.
He's totally different from the hands off nature of most Zelaron mods, who just ban or delete posts in the most extreme of circumstances. He seems like an alright guy, don't get me wrong. I have no personal problems with him, and as far as Zonalon is convinced, I can see why he hates the guy. However, I really think he should have been given a chance to get to know the community more before given reigns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-28, 02:57 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "He's totally different from the hands..."
No on loves me.

Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
He's totally different from the hands off nature of most Zelaron mods, who just ban or delete posts in the most extreme of circumstances.
I haven't actually banned or deleted any posts at all, actually all I have done as moderator is: unban Tynion two times, validate some new posts and put a very old and obsolete sticky-thread in the Trashcan.

I have threatened to ban all of you for flaming, but I didn't actually ban anyone. Then I became irritated with Zonalon and wanted to ban him for trolling, being stupid and irritating. As this was obviously based on my personal opinion I asked about it in the Chatbox and I eventually decided to just send him a PM.

I will probably re-read this topic later and answer to... some of your issues. Although, I think Chruser got most of them in his thread - but it might be good for the public opinion of me to do answer them personally.

Now I will create Jew World Order.

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-28, 04:46 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I have notified Yawgmoth that the..."
I have notified Yawgmoth that the Zelaron Administration (or preferably all members) should be notified of his ideas for changes prior to enacting them, thus giving others a chance to stop unequivocally unfavorable changes if necessary.
How is that going to work when he thinks that he is always right and doesn't care about what anyone else, even the majority, thinks?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-28, 04:55 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How is that going to work when he..."
I actually do care, but not as much as is standard. Mostly, I care about the opinions of those I respect and those who I find interesting.

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-28, 04:56 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "I actually do care, but not as much as..."

hey dejavu
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-28, 05:27 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/c..."
The same response in another thread, I still don't know how to actually respond to that... I guess it would be for the best if you'd just de-mod and ban me now. This is not what I sought for.

EDIT: I had hoped we would be beyond old internet-memes.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Yawgmoth

Posted 2008-06-28, 09:55 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/c..."
Nice green bars
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2008-06-28, 11:06 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "The same response in another thread, I..."
Yawgmoth said: [Goto]
I guess it would be for the best if you'd just de-mod and ban me now. This is not what I sought for.

Oh no you don't. I didn't stay up until 10 AM in your defense just so I could see you abandon the Browncoats on the verge of defeat. "Might have been the losing side; still not sure it was the wrong one."
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-28, 11:23 AM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "No on loves me. :( I haven't..."
Yawgmoth said: [Goto]
No on loves me.

I haven't actually banned or deleted any posts at all, actually all I have done as moderator is: unban Tynion two times, validate some new posts and put a very old and obsolete sticky-thread in the Trashcan.

I have threatened to ban all of you for flaming, but I didn't actually ban anyone. Then I became irritated with Zonalon and wanted to ban him for trolling, being stupid and irritating. As this was obviously based on my personal opinion I asked about it in the Chatbox and I eventually decided to just send him a PM.

I will probably re-read this topic later and answer to... some of your issues. Although, I think Chruser got most of them in his thread - but it might be good for the public opinion of me to do answer them personally.

Now I will create Jew World Order.

Wow, for once, I actually didn't want to kick you in the nuts after reading one of your posts. Maybe there is some hope for you yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2008-06-28, 12:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How is that going to work when he..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
How is that going to work when he thinks that he is always right and doesn't care about what anyone else, even the majority, thinks?

You take him way too seriously. As I said, occasional disagreement is a small price to pay for finding new, creative approaches to things. Do you honestly think I would make him a moderator for the purpose of aggravating Zelaron members? I had realized conflict to be a likely consequence of the unconventional methods he employs, but as I previously said, we need someone from the outside who can give us new perspective.

Think about it for a while. What has really changed here in the past four years?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-28, 06:36 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "No on loves me. :( I haven't..."
I don't have anything against you besides the ban threats. Just like how you don't know us, we don't know you. Even if you were kidding we really just don't know, man. You seem like a nice and sensible guy to me. It's just most people's nature to question authority figures, especially ones who are catapulted from seemingly nowhere. It's not that people really hate you, they just don't know you, and they have very little besides your nazi post to judge you off of. It's just not a good way to make your first mark, ya know? Anyways, like I said, you seem like a nice guy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-28, 09:09 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "You take him way too seriously. As I..."
You take him way too seriously. As I said, occasional disagreement is a small price to pay for finding new, creative approaches to things. Do you honestly think I would make him a moderator for the purpose of aggravating Zelaron members? I had realized conflict to be a likely consequence of the unconventional methods he employs, but as I previously said, we need someone from the outside who can give us new perspective.
He is taken seriously because it is not obvious that he is joking, and nobody knows him well enough to know he's joking. It doesn't seem like he's joking, and a lot of times I don't think he is.

It would be in his best interest, as a new member and a newly appointed Supreme Moderator, to be a bit friendlier and seem like less of a Nazi. He doesn't seem to agree with considering what other people think. He also seems to have some sort of superiority complex, which I can only attribute to the fact that he knows you. It almost seems like he feels he can boss me around because he knows that you'll support him (in his own world, anyway.)

Look at the poll. 10 to 2. I'm guessing the 2 are you and him, and the 10 is everyone else. Even if you think he could be helpful to Zelaron, he's not making himself liked very much. I explained to him in our conversation on MSN that as a new guy he needed to lay low because he doesn't understand how people will react to him. Unfortunately, he didn't heed my warning, and now nobody wants him here.

Either way, if he keeps up his shit, I'm going to keep up mine. I'm not going to tolerate some new guy trying to take over, even if he knows you. If it has to come down to it, you can demod/ban me if you have to, but I'm not going to submit to him, and I have no problem with openly displaying my dissatisfaction with him if he gives me a reason to do so. He's bringing this all upon himself by acting the way that he is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-29, 03:20 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Man who gives a shit, no one really..."
Randuin said: [Goto]
Man who gives a shit, no one really cares who gets mod anyway.

As long as we don't give any WOMEN mod because whiny vaginas always ruin forums.
That's not entirely true. My Girlfriend doesn't even talk. (AND YES SHE IS A LIVE HUMAN, NOT A TOY

On the issue.
I don't even think I've seen a post from this person, but whoever it is, sounds kinda... like a douche...
De-mod I guess.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai