Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Most distance object in the universe ever seen by the eyes of mankind
Posted 2009-04-30, 08:57 AM
http://www.thetechherald.com/article...ary-star-burst

Basically it's the most distant object in the universe ever seen, and it was spotted yesterday.

[Gamma Ray Burst] - Ya I'm uh, kinda a big deal
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-04-30, 09:17 AM in reply to S2 AM's post "Most distance object in the universe..."
BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-04-30, 10:18 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/vKfmGQ_Sq..."
I though it was the oldest. But very cool nonetheless. The other article I had read before said it was something like 300 million years after the Universe was created, (when it exploded).

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-04-30, 10:32 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I though it was the oldest. But very..."
D3V said: [Goto]
I though it was the oldest. But very cool nonetheless. The other article I had read before said it was something like 300 million years after the Universe was created, (when it exploded).

Well basically age is synonymous with distance, the further it is from us the, the longer it takes the light to reach us, the older(or younger whichever way you look at it) the object is. The light we are seeing here is from a very young universe while the object now would look very different (it simply took about 14 billion years for the light from this object to reach us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2009-04-30, 10:33 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "Well basically age is synonymous with..."
Ah yes, yes I do understand. It's still phenomenal when you really think about it..

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-03, 04:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ah yes, yes I do understand. It's still..."
I have a theory too that you heard here first, so if twenty years from now it's the prominent theory in physics and the origin of the universe, you can think back like "damn smith said it first"

First of all, the universe is and always was, this eliminates the need for a beginning and an end.

Second, sections of the universe will expand, then will collapse, but in different massive areas(i.e. the universe is much larger than the 14 billion light year radius we can detect)

Eventually, after an expansion, the sections will start to collapse and a lot of matter will be condensed by gravity into black holes, that eventually will all fall into one another.

When enough matter comes together into this ultra supermassive gigantic... literally there are not words enough to describe it, some mechanism causes this singularity to become unstable, and it "bursts" causing a big bang in that section of the universe.

These happen throughout the universe in an infinite amount in an infinitely large universe. Our section of the universe that we see 14 billion years around us was caused by one such explosion.

The fact that we can only see so far is explained not by an age of the universe but a smarter idea, that at the edge of what we can see, things become extremely redshifted, because they are moving near the speed of light relative to us. This is accepted already and has been observed, that things near the 14 billion light year horizon travel at the speed of light. As the universe expands so will this light year horizon because the the expansion slows.

At the point where things travelling away from us are at the speed of light relative to us, then we will not see the light emitted by these objects, or any beyond it (to understand this is as simple as understanding relative velocities).

What happens when two of these expanding bubbles come into contact? Well the general laws of physics and general relativity will apply, but that is not the case as our bubble is relatively new and still expanding

Basically this is an idea I've been playing with for a long time, not something I whole heartedly believe in, but it makes much more sense than the big bang being 'all there is.' I don't know enough and I don't think any humans know enough to explain our origins in the universe, so I don't believe anything necessarily but just think of possibilities.

Sorry it's so messy I don't have time to go back and edit it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

S2 AM

Posted 2009-05-03, 04:31 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "I have a theory too that you heard here..."
When a particle is not being observed its in wavelength form correct? And as soon as it becomes observed, it collapses down to its particle state. So our universe is just an unobserved particle, and the big bang is when we were observed by an outside force and that force stops observing...

lol

Lets hope they don't do a double take anytime soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy