Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Global Warming Real? An Issue?
Yes, the facts are there to prove it. 6 75.00%
No, man-made, doesn't matter, we're fine. 0 0%
There isn't enough scientific proof/or I don't care. 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Post Global Warming? Do you Believe?
Posted 2007-11-08, 12:19 PM
After listening to some 'right-wing' Radio shows that will remain nameless, I really have to go and research for myself to see that they are wrong, There are so many articles amongst google that it's hard to decipher out the bullshit articles by people trying to fight Global warming, and the people trying to fight the people..fighting Global warming.

It's Ridiculous.

So I go to the NASA website and there is an ass-load of information that's very helpful to the cause of Global Warming being REAL and that there is no debunked facts stating that Global warming is just a natural phenomenon as stated by this specific host.

Just a picture showing the temperature changes.

Here is a great website showing that there is plenty of disputable evidence in the case of Global warming being real, now, what i'm honestly having trouble finding is scientific evidence stating that Global warming is fake, that Volcanoes cause this issues, etc.

What does everyone else think? Is Al Gore just a big moron trying to perpetuate his views on Global warming when there aren't any facts behind it, or what?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-11-08, 12:26 PM in reply to D3V's post "Global Warming? Do you Believe?"
Though I don't have the facts in front of me, they are there. Ignoring it isn't a good idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-08, 12:33 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Though I don't have the facts in front..."
I believe in the globe, and I believe in warming... so I guess I could be convinced that global warming exists.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-11-08, 12:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Though I don't have the facts in front..."
Here's from another NASA link.

Quote:
Global warming is an increase in the average temperature of Earth's surface. Since the late 1800's, the global average temperature has increased about 0.7 to 1.4 degrees F (0.4 to 0.8 degrees C). Many experts estimate that the average temperature will rise an additional 2.5 to 10.4 degrees F (1.4 to 5.8 degrees C) by 2100. That rate of increase would be much larger than most past rates of increase.
Here's another...

NASA said:
Causes of global warming

Climatologists (scientists who study climate) have analyzed the global warming that has occurred since the late 1800's. A majority of climatologists have concluded that human activities are responsible for most of the warming. Human activities contribute to global warming by enhancing Earth's natural greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect warms Earth's surface through a complex process involving sunlight, gases, and particles in the atmosphere. Gases that trap heat in the atmosphere are known as greenhouse gases.

The main human activities that contribute to global warming are the burning of fossil fuels (coal, oil, and natural gas) and the clearing of land. Most of the burning occurs in automobiles, in factories, and in electric power plants that provide energy for houses and office buildings. The burning of fossil fuels creates carbon dioxide, whose chemical formula is CO2. CO2 is a greenhouse gas that slows the escape of heat into space. Trees and other plants remove CO2 from the air during photosynthesis, the process they use to produce food. The clearing of land contributes to the buildup of CO2 by reducing the rate at which the gas is removed from the atmosphere or by the decomposition of dead vegetation.
And another..

Quote:
The impact of global warming

Thousands of icebergs float off the coast of the Antarctic Peninsula after 1,250 square miles (3,240 square kilometers) of the Larsen B ice shelf disintegrated in 2002. The area of the ice was larger than the state of Rhode Island or the nation of Luxembourg. Antarctic ice shelves have been shrinking since the early 1970's because of climate warming in the region. Image credit: NASA/Earth Observatory

Continued global warming could have many damaging effects. It might harm plants and animals that live in the sea. It could also force animals and plants on land to move to new habitats. Weather patterns could change, causing flooding, drought, and an increase in damaging storms. Global warming could melt enough polar ice to raise the sea level. In certain parts of the world, human disease could spread, and crop yields could decline.

http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/global...worldbook.html

I just feel so bad for the audience that actually buys into this type of shit, I mean seriously, it's frustrating to listen to.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-11-08, 01:56 PM in reply to D3V's post "Global Warming? Do you Believe?"
I just read an editorial that said that global warming causes CO2, not the other way arround; claimed that it's part of an 1800 year cycle due to cosmic alignments, discovered 80 years ago by Otto Petersson.

I believe that it's getting warmer. I don't believe we can make any big change by listening to the politicians.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:00 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I just read an editorial that said that..."
It's a vicious cycle. The heating of the earth releases slight amounts of CO2 trapped in rocks. This CO2 of course causes a greenhouse effect, which in turn may release more CO2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:17 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "It's a vicious cycle. The heating of..."
Actually, he claims that the CO2 increase has no noticable effect.
http://www.designnews.com/index.asp?...leid=CA6493634
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:20 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Actually, he claims that the CO2..."
Hmm, that's odd. I can't seem to find anything about this guy, being such a proclaimed scientist he sure doesn't have very good history behind him, can't find anything of his history as a scientist. I think i'll believe NASA.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:27 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Actually, he claims that the CO2..."
WetWired said:
Actually, he claims that the CO2 increase has no noticable effect.
http://www.designnews.com/index.asp?...leid=CA6493634
The other stuff I've read on the subject sharply rejects that idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:34 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hmm, that's odd. I can't seem to find..."
That's pretty odd, considering that a simple google search for "Otto Petersson" reveals just on the results page that he's a professor of chemistry at a university in Stockholm, a noted oceanographer, and more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-11-08, 02:40 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "That's pretty odd, considering that a..."
WetWired said:
That's pretty odd, considering that a simple google search for "Otto Petersson" reveals just on the results page that he's a professor of chemistry at a university in Stockholm, a noted oceanographer, and more.
Isn't that guys research slightly outdated, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-08, 09:45 PM in reply to D3V's post "Global Warming? Do you Believe?"
The earth goes through warm stages and cold stages, though this is getting to be an EXTREMELY warm stage.

I think there isn't enough evidence to prove it is us but also not enough evidence to prove it's just part of earths cycle.

Either way we should work to be more environmentally friendly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-11-09, 07:24 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "The earth goes through warm stages and..."
Climatological models have said that extreme weather will be the norm due to global warming. The signs are all around us. Ask Georgia if business is going as usual in the weather department.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-11-09, 07:26 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "The earth goes through warm stages and..."
Quote:
No matter what the case, this is what we should be doing. As well as distanting ourselves in the independant energy market..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-11-09, 12:18 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "The earth goes through warm stages and..."
Dar_Win said:
I also think so. As Leno said, I can't believe protecting the planet has become a partisan issue.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-09, 04:31 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I also think so. As Leno said, I can't..."
Exactly. Protecting our planet should be a priority, it's the only one we have.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker