Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Halo 3 Cancelled
Posted 2005-12-24, 02:38 PM
GameSpot said:
According to an interview with Bill Gates in the latest issue of Forbes magazine which only subscribers have recieved so far(usually hits retail about a week later at the longest), Halo 3 is being cancelled because of concerns from Gates that the dark theme, and complex gameplay is taking the X-Box 360 in the wrong direction that might confuse some eastern gamers, and he would prefer it if the 360 could be marketed and percieved by consumers as a "family oriented" alternative to the PS3 in order to compete with the Nintendo Revolution which he is nervous about since the X-box 360 has been doing relatively poorly in Japan.

Bill Gates comments...

"We marketed the original X-box towards an older and more mature audience and it spiraled down as both an embarrassment and economic disaster for us in Japan. Although the X-box was a success in Europe and the USA we realize now that in order to compete with Sony and Nintendo it is essential for us to build a stronger overseas market in order to gain support from popular third party developers."

The good news about this is that Bill Gates also revealed top secret data about a new game based on the Halo license including the title, what kind of graphics it will have, and some gameplay details.
This is a joke. Merry Christmas.
Sucks to be you, Dragoons.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-12-24, 02:39 PM in reply to Grav's post "Halo 3 Cancelled"
good shit, maybe all of the OMG UBAR HALO FANS will kill themselves now and life will be a little better for the rest of us. it will be a merry christmas for me indeed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sebarak is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSebarak is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sebarak

Posted 2005-12-24, 02:42 PM in reply to Sebarak's post starting "good shit, maybe all of the OMG UBAR..."
this puts me a few pages closer to my dream of all video games being destroyed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2005-12-24, 04:31 PM in reply to Grav's post "Halo 3 Cancelled"
Got a link to a website with the like actuall anouncement?
Zelaron - [ Translate this page ]
Zelaron est une communauté en ligne pour des gamers, des programmeurs et des ar.
www.yotor.com/wiki/fr/ze/Zelaron.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArkantis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arkantis

Posted 2005-12-24, 07:12 PM in reply to Arkantis's post starting "Got a link to a website with the like..."
www.google.com Has everything you could dream of wanting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2005-12-24, 09:39 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "this puts me a few pages closer to my..."
Mantralord said:
this puts me a few pages closer to my dream of all video games being destroyed
I thought you were creating something like a game?
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos

Posted 2005-12-24, 11:12 PM in reply to Grav's post "Halo 3 Cancelled"
GravitonSurge said:
This is a joke
I love it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-12-25, 02:04 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I love it"
Big whoop ...Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 would be 100 times better anyways. I love FPSes and all but Halo is nothing close to great if you ask me. Half-life and Battlefield all the way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2005-12-27, 12:11 PM in reply to Grav's post "Halo 3 Cancelled"
At first, I was going to kill myself. Then I realized that I'm not that worried about it, so it turned into plotting the death of Bill Gates. Eventually, I ended up seeing black text and now I just want to kill Grav. Now, finally, I'm just laughing and have a large sense of relief.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-12-27, 12:16 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "At first, I was going to kill myself. ..."
You're in the present tiwce there buddy.

Quote:
and now I just want to kill Grav. Now, finally, I'm just laughing and have a large sense of relief.
It's scary...Titus is actually two people!

So yeah, if Halo 3 were to be cancelled, it'd be sooooooo funny. But I doubt it is. So...sniffle.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-27, 12:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You're in the present tiwce there..."
What are you trying to say? That I can't laugh, have a large sense of relief, and want to kill Grav at the same time? Hypocrit..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-12-27, 12:22 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "What are you trying to say? That I..."
Well...it's entirely possible. Or maybe there are two sides of Titusfied. A laughing one that is relieved, and what that has been secretly plotting in the attic for the time to come, the time when he can finally sink a knife into the flesh of Grav...

Or I may be on the drugs again. You never know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-27, 01:22 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well...it's entirely possible. Or maybe..."
Don't You Ever Fucking Scare Me Like That Again!!

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-12-27, 01:40 PM in reply to Grav's post "Halo 3 Cancelled"
i love halo, but what will 3 bring me... hmm i wonderz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2005-12-27, 06:30 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You're in the present tiwce there..."
Halo 3 should be brought out on a nintendo system only. To get revenge for those fuckers taking Perfect Dark Zero.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-12-27, 07:06 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Halo 3 should be brought out on a..."
Sovereign said:
Halo 3 should be brought out on a nintendo system only. To get revenge for those fuckers taking Perfect Dark Zero.
omg /signed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-12-28, 05:14 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Halo 3 should be brought out on a..."
HAHAHAHA! That'd be great!

Bring it out on the Nintendo Whatever-they're-calling-it ("Revolution" is only the project name surprisingly, like "Windows Longhorn" was) and Nintendo will rise above the Xbox. And they could bring it out on PS3 too...

But sadly, it'll never happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-28, 10:46 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "HAHAHAHA! That'd be great! Bring it..."
putting it on PS3 is just stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer