Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Evil Grin Script Help
Posted 2006-07-13, 04:00 PM
UGH i found this script for defining encounter areas on a website and i tried to use it but i have no &^#^%&% clue on how! can some plz look at this and give me a little help with it here is the link its... thx

http://www.phylomortis.com/resource/script/scr035.html

*SUMMONS BLUECUBE*

Last edited by phsyco025; 2006-07-15 at 08:25 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-25, 01:08 PM in reply to phsyco025's post "Script Help"
any1 wanna help me out plz?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-25, 01:11 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "any1 wanna help me out plz?"
Which one are you using? RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2003 or XP?

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
caj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencaj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

caj800

Posted 2006-07-25, 01:12 PM in reply to caj800's post starting "Which one are you using? RPG Maker..."
im useing RMXP all i need to no is where to put in the script
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-25, 01:13 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "im useing RMXP all i need to no is..."
Ah, sorry. really. I don't use RPG Maker XP. 2003 is better in my opinion. I'll have a look but i'm not certain i'll understand it.

God i'm obsessed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
caj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencaj800 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

caj800

Posted 2006-07-25, 01:14 PM in reply to caj800's post starting "Ah, sorry. really. I don't use RPG..."
kk thx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-26, 03:32 PM in reply to caj800's post starting "Ah, sorry. really. I don't use RPG..."
so have u done it yet?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-29, 07:28 PM in reply to caj800's post starting "Ah, sorry. really. I don't use RPG..."
so can any1 else help me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025

Posted 2006-07-31, 10:24 AM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "so can any1 else help me?"
... Phylomortis is hard to understand, I never got a single one of those scripts working.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-31, 10:39 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "... Phylomortis is hard to understand,..."
I think I managed to pull off the side-view one kinda... then I gave up on it.

I'll give it a shot in a bit.

----

Right. As far as I can see it's pretty easy. Just follow the instructions at the top of the page:

- This script allows you to set up rectangular "areas", so that a seperate encounter list can be declared for each area.

- To use this script, add the new variable @enum_encounter_list to Game_Map (open up the script database, and scroll down to GAME_MAP using the menu on the left-hand side. Stick the variable at the end of the script).

- For the second code block, find the reference lines in Scene_Map and replace everything between them with the code in red (scroll down to SCENE_MAP on the left-hand menu, Ctrl + F and find the reference they give -- if $game_temp.message_window_showing -- and then copy and past the bits in red into it after the blue bits finish on the tutorial page).

- Finally, add the new method get_world_map_area_id to Scene_Map (same script, just copy and paste it to the bottom).

However, I haven't the foggiest about this bit:

- To define an area, create an array with four indexes. The first index should be the X tile coordinate of the upper-left corner of the rectangle. The second index should be the Y tile coordinate of the upper-left corner. The third index is the X tile coordinate of the lower-right corner, and the fourth index is the Y tile coordinate of the lower-right corner. Then, the array "rects" should be set up so that all the area rectangles are represented, in the order in which you would like them to be numbered, with the first index of the array being ID 1. The script will put the ID number of the area the hero currently occupies into the variable of your choice (the default is variable 1, if the hero is not in any area, 0 will be returned). To set up the encounter list, use a parallel process event on the map as shown in the image. If you like, you can put the numbers in the script rather than use an event. I just find the event method easier.

Last edited by Lenny; 2006-07-31 at 11:06 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-31, 01:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I think I managed to pull off the..."
array... Oh! that's a set of numbers used in ruby, such as

[1,2,3,4]

Basically, all you have to do is put the four corners of the box there...kinda...

And you use events to tell the script where to put those boxes(rects? who the hell calls them rects?!?! damn morty...)

I still don't have a lick of an idea...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-31, 01:41 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I think I managed to pull off the..."
Lenny said:
I think I managed to pull off the side-view one kinda... then I gave up on it.

I'll give it a shot in a bit.

----

Right. As far as I can see it's pretty easy. Just follow the instructions at the top of the page:

- This script allows you to set up rectangular "areas", so that a seperate encounter list can be declared for each area.

- To use this script, add the new variable @enum_encounter_list to Game_Map (open up the script database, and scroll down to GAME_MAP using the menu on the left-hand side. Stick the variable at the end of the script).

- For the second code block, find the reference lines in Scene_Map and replace everything between them with the code in red (scroll down to SCENE_MAP on the left-hand menu, Ctrl + F and find the reference they give -- if $game_temp.message_window_showing -- and then copy and past the bits in red into it after the blue bits finish on the tutorial page).

- Finally, add the new method get_world_map_area_id to Scene_Map (same script, just copy and paste it to the bottom).

However, I haven't the foggiest about this bit:

- To define an area, create an array with four indexes. The first index should be the X tile coordinate of the upper-left corner of the rectangle. The second index should be the Y tile coordinate of the upper-left corner. The third index is the X tile coordinate of the lower-right corner, and the fourth index is the Y tile coordinate of the lower-right corner. Then, the array "rects" should be set up so that all the area rectangles are represented, in the order in which you would like them to be numbered, with the first index of the array being ID 1. The script will put the ID number of the area the hero currently occupies into the variable of your choice (the default is variable 1, if the hero is not in any area, 0 will be returned). To set up the encounter list, use a parallel process event on the map as shown in the image. If you like, you can put the numbers in the script rather than use an event. I just find the event method easier.
ok i got some of wut the instructions were but could u plz put it into steps for me with more detail coz i have no clue wut a methode is or how to make one and stuff like that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025

Posted 2006-08-01, 09:48 AM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "ok i got some of wut the instructions..."
A method is a way of doing something, and in programming, it is what you tell the computer to do when something happens... I think... I'm thinking he's just using the word as an english term, not anything reffering at all to ruby.
So, if someone would like to do this, go ahead, it would be helpful to many people... I admit I have no clue what he's talking about for the most part, I probably have to refresh my memory on the syntax of ruby...
*goes to ruby help file*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-08, 03:56 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "A method is a way of doing something,..."
so could somebody here plz do it and show me how coz im still confused
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025