Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Player run town
Posted 2004-01-28, 08:00 AM
I was thinking of starting a new town.. Where everyone is welcome to place their houses and a council will be formed to make decisions about the town. There would also be meetings once a week where everyone could attend and say whats on their minds. Would anyone be interested in participating/helping me run the town? I think this could be a great addition to Acropolis.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Caffeine Free is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCaffeine Free is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Caffeine Free

Posted 2004-01-28, 08:27 AM in reply to Caffeine Free's post "Player run town"
I would be interested in helping out. I am new to the shard, and still in Haven actually. I am majoring in Tailoring, with a minor in Inscription. But I can help out in other ways also.

- Rufus
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rufus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRufus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rufus

Posted 2004-01-28, 10:47 AM in reply to Rufus's post starting "I would be interested in helping out. ..."
If everyone is welcome to participate, the only problem with a democratic or republic player run town is the lack of common interest. i.e. some players who hate PvPers (or vice versa) will dog them and their inputs no matter what they are, thus resulting in fights. (I have seen it happen) And with the council, things such as the above to result in constantly changing rules and procedures. To be honest, there aren't many people on this shard that I would consider a true, remotely competent leader...
"Two hands working do more than a thousand praying."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kyuss

Posted 2004-01-28, 11:50 AM in reply to Kyuss's post starting "If everyone is welcome to participate,..."

Last edited by Stryder; 2004-01-28 at 11:52 AM. Reason: ..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Stryder is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStryder is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Stryder

sh
Posted 2004-01-28, 11:51 AM in reply to Caffeine Free's post "Player run town"
sfe haven eh? sounds like the same thing from siege too bad we used to kill them
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Stryder is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStryder is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Stryder

Posted 2004-01-28, 12:50 PM in reply to Stryder's post "sh"
Stryder said:
sfe haven eh? sounds like the same thing from siege too bad we used to kill them
I thought about that, too. If it became a semi-popular outpost where players frequented, it would also be frequented by PKs
"Two hands working do more than a thousand praying."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKyuss is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kyuss

Posted 2004-01-28, 01:56 PM in reply to Kyuss's post starting "I thought about that, too. If it became..."
Me being a pvper myself.. I would take drastic measures to ensure the safety of the town. This would include the possibility of puting together a guild strictly for the purpose of keeping the town safe.. I have also written up rules to the town which include rules against theifs, and fighting in town. I think it would add alot more depth to Acropolis.. I have also already mapped out a location. If anyone is interested please icq me 117786707
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Caffeine Free is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCaffeine Free is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Caffeine Free

Posted 2004-01-28, 03:34 PM in reply to Caffeine Free's post starting "Me being a pvper myself.. I would take..."
Hey, Remember to save room for me and Happycamper's tower, we will join your town, and you can hold concil meetings in our house if you want to(after i consult with Happycamper of course, but he will most likely agree) we are at about 1 mil, im getting money like mad too, so shouldnt be much longer till we can move in, just save us a spot that wont be in the way, and we would be happy to join your community. (im Novacaine)

(i could make a semi-compitent leader because i enjoy pvp, but dont yet on this shard so i know what its like to be ganked and stuff, but thats up to the current leaders)

Hope to see you soon.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
doobadia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendoobadia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

doobadia

Player town
Posted 2004-01-28, 04:53 PM in reply to Caffeine Free's post "Player run town"
I would be interested in helping out somehow. I only have 30k right now, but I could afford a house eventually
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draconix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDraconix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Draconix

Posted 2004-01-28, 06:51 PM in reply to doobadia's post starting "Hey, Remember to save room for me and..."
It's okay with me Doobadia. Now all we need is about 900k, hehe. I would like to know where this town will be formed. Is it still in the area by the ogres?
I would also like to know the people who would help build your town, and if it could work with Factions. -Happy Camper

Last edited by MadMonk; 2004-01-28 at 07:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MadMonk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMadMonk is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MadMonk

Posted 2004-01-29, 02:30 AM in reply to MadMonk's post starting "It's okay with me Doobadia. :D Now all..."
Here are the rules as they stand..

ByDel City

Shops: Magic, Weapons, Carpentry, Alchemy, Supplies, Misc

Bydel Citizen Rules
1: Loyality - This is the most important rule.. You must remain loyal to the Citizens of Bydel.
We are all here to help each other. Any extreme conflict can be brought up with the council.

2: Fighting In Town - Fighting in town is strictly prohibited. You may spar in your house but
you are advised not to fight in the streets unless there is an invader.

3: Hospitality - Please be hospitable to visitors of Bydel. You are encouraged to help them out,
answer their questions, and most importantly make them feel safe.

4: Housing Details - Anyone can live in Bydel but placing a house in Bydel means being
under the councils rule. If you feel you do not want to bothered with this please do not move
into Bydel. For the most part the council will not tell that you do things, only request that you do
them. The council may ask you to do things such as change your house sign, change your house name,
friend certain people so they can place vendors at your doorstep, and where to put your house.
Citizens are expected to show up at most of the town meetings, showing up at hunts/gatherings is optional.
If your going to place anything bigger than a villa you are encouraged to talk to Love Me.

5: Pking - Pking is allowed; however, we do ask that you keep these rules in mind while pking.
1: Do not pk inside Bydel.
2: Do not pk Bydel citizens.

6: Stealing - Absolutely no stealing of any kind is tolerated in Byvale.. We do not approve of theifs
and anyone caught stealing will be punished severly.

7: Banishment - If someone disobeys a rule depending on the extent they can be banished
from Bydel. Any banished persons in the city will be killed on sight.

8: The Council - The Council is handpicked by Love Me, and makes all big decisions for Bydel.
Any decisions not made by the council will be voted on by the citizens.

I figured it would be cool if each house could represent a shop.. That way merchants could also live in Bydel and dont have to worry about their supplys selling. I am in the process of making a website as well. I would ask th at everyone that wants to join be ready to place their houses in bydel in 1 week. I will post the website soon so that you will know where the location is. I hope we can get as many people as possible!

Last edited by Caffeine Free; 2004-01-29 at 02:32 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Caffeine Free

Posted 2004-01-31, 12:01 AM in reply to Caffeine Free's post "Player run town"
Caffeine Free said:
I was thinking of starting a new town.. Where everyone is welcome to place their houses and a council will be formed to make decisions about the town. There would also be meetings once a week where everyone could attend and say whats on their minds. Would anyone be interested in participating/helping me run the town? I think this could be a great addition to Acropolis.

Is this not called a guild? and the last post here sounds to me like you need your on shard cause I like it this one the way it is. For someone who said a few words about SilverMoon's vendors on another thread about her prices I cant believe you asked others to help you create a town. Trust is earned and not handed to you {as I'm sure you would be a leader in the council} like that freshly baked pie that Sweet Baby Moon gave you.

Freya of DIE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Freya is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFreya is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Freya

Posted 2004-01-31, 08:23 AM in reply to Freya's post starting "Is this not called a guild? and the..."
Owned. kik =/
I talk trash because I can back it up, duel me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Drithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Drithe