Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Post DMV Driver's License Test?
Posted 2007-08-14, 04:25 PM
This post is basically going off of something I saw earlier while driving to work.

I was in the On-Ramp for I-95 going 45 in a 65 behind this old lady while there's a line of cars coming over the nearest hill, I begin to get up on her tail trying to nudge over so that I can merge without causing other people to have to jam their brakes. I proceed to accelerate as she slows down. Finally I get over, and begin to pass as I glance over, the bitch was on her cell phone and holding a starbucks in the other hand....

Which brings me to here. I belive firmly that there should be MUCH harder restrictions to get your license. I know for a fact when I had taken mine when I was 16 (late getting the test done) it was one of the easiest tests I've ever taken, shit the one for my learner's was harder than that. I know TONS of people that probably shouldn't be trusted behind the wheel of a moving object/vehicle etc, and I'm sure most of you do as well.

I know some of the 'younger' crowd already feels that it is TOO hard to get their license, and quite frankly, they have no effing clue what they're talking about. I know I was there at one point myself, but now that I can see what older people we're bitching to me about back in the day, the whole picture is much more clear...

As for OLDER citizens, I'm all down for respecting them and giving them their rights to drive, which is ALSO a PERFECT reason to RE-Test them after they hit the begenning of their Golden Years (65-67 SENIOR CITIZENS!!) And every 5 years afterwards they should be retested. Shit, for Repeat DUI offenders are treated much worse and never even given a chance, why not take the Older folks off of the road that are putting us at as much of danger as anyone else? ....Exactly..

I rest my case. Beef up driving standards for all age groups. I doubt anyone will argue this, but I am just curious to see what everyone else thinks,

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-14, 04:35 PM in reply to D3V's post "DMV Driver's License Test?"
I agree.

My test was stupidly easy, and drivers here are stupidly stupid. Old people need to be periodically tested.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-14, 04:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I agree. My test was stupidly easy,..."
I was thinking more of a 1 or 2 year test.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-14, 05:16 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I was thinking more of a 1 or 2 year..."
Yeah true, but 5 being the Minimum in-between, though the older generation age so much faster after they hit that point, but really the 65 mark is atleast a good place to be re-tested.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-14, 06:09 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah true, but 5 being the Minimum..."
They can't really step up driving regulations without getting a fairly competent Mass Transit system going in most areas.

Driving may be a privlege rather than a right, but in many, many places not driving simply isn't an option.

I totally agree with you in spirit though, I fucking hate stupid drivers putting others at risk.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-14, 06:27 PM in reply to D3V's post "DMV Driver's License Test?"
D3V said:
Repeat DUI offenders are treated much worse and never even given a chance,
They apparently were given chances since they were able to repeatedly drive while under the influence.

I've known people to get DUIs after DUIs and not shit was done until their 4th one when they didn't even have a license x_X. If anything I think people who get DUIs should be punished rather sternly after their 2nd one.

Anyways, old people should be retested to make sure they have the reflexes and attention span to handle driving.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-14, 06:30 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "They apparently were given chances..."
Well if you fuck up in Europe they snip your license and put you under the jail!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-15, 08:32 AM in reply to D3V's post "DMV Driver's License Test?"
Don't get me started on elderly drivers. My friends have heard many rants from me before about those confused souls lol. I've been saying they should be re-tested every year for a while now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-15, 08:42 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "They apparently were given chances..."
Willkillforfood said:
They apparently were given chances since they were able to repeatedly drive while under the influence.

I've known people to get DUIs after DUIs and not shit was done until their 4th one when they didn't even have a license x_X. If anything I think people who get DUIs should be punished rather sternly after their 2nd one.

Anyways, old people should be retested to make sure they have the reflexes and attention span to handle driving.

I agree, actually I've got a relative that has been getting DUI's and frankly, the family is tired of him etc etc, it's a big mess. And he JUST got pulled overa again, technically his 6th DUI pullover (he's also been in a car chase as a teenager, while under the influence) and he got let off, again. I really wish they'd just give him some jailtime.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-15, 10:19 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I agree, actually I've got a relative..."
My buddy got 45 days in jail for 2 DUIs. The first one they let slide, the 2nd one he got like 10 days in jail and probation, and then he violated his probation by getting a PI (Public Intox.) and was sent back to jail for 35 days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:05 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "My buddy got 45 days in jail for 2..."
Yeah see in my relatives case he didn't even get probation, which is honestly some shit, I mean he is a nice guy and all, but he's a moron and drives around drunk all the time, and hasn't served hard time yet, so it needs to be taken care of, actually I think he may have a court date coming up soon.... hmm

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-15, 11:38 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Well if you fuck up in Europe they snip..."
I can see that happening in France, definitely. The French police also have a quaint habit of taking a drivers license, putting it in his pocket, and then denying that they have it, just to get the driver in trouble - of course, they only do this to English/American drivers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-15, 01:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I can see that happening in France,..."
Haha, my british chemistry professor hated the French. He called them Froggies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-15, 01:17 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Haha, my british chemistry professor..."
I call them pussy bastards that stink like what comes out of my behind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-15, 01:24 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Haha, my british chemistry professor..."
It's an British thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-15, 03:06 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's an British thing. :)"
I was in quite the hurry today, and as usual I was stuck behind a driver going about 10 miles under the speed limit. about 2 miles later I finally was able to pass him, only to look over and notice that he was FUCKING SHAVING WHILE DRIVING.

I almost shot him.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-08-15, 03:51 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I was in quite the hurry today, and as..."
Shaving while driving...

lol. That's a new one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-15, 03:56 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Shaving while driving... lol. ..."
Actually I've seen that on some of the busier highways I drive on in the morning, there actually tons of these fuckers that have the electric shavers swerving in and outta traffic, trying to line up their beards in fucking rushhour traffic.

They need to legalize side-swiping in these cases....

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-15, 04:10 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Actually I've seen that on some of the..."
I know a lot of business men that carry electric razors in their pockets to avoid the shadowtime and be able to fix any hairy blemish that comes up!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-15, 04:20 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I know a lot of business men that carry..."
Now that's actually quite a good idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny