Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Evil Grin Somebody PLEASE help me!!!
Posted 2010-01-27, 01:18 PM
I am having a problem on RM2k3. This problem has caused me to abandon one game already, and now its happening on a second, which I REALLY do NOT want to abandon. The problem is as follows: I have a set of skills for a battle command called Arsenal. The Battle command is set as a Skill Subset, and the skills are assigned to the character. so, when I do a Test Battle, with the character at a level 99, 19 levels past the last tech learning level, the skills show up on the proper menu, but they're written in gray, and won't work. The MP requirement is no problem, the character 888 MP, and the highest skill requires 50 MP. The skills are plain attack skills on one enemy, the enemy is my basic Test enemy, 1000 HP, 1 Attk, Def, int, Agil, and with an plain attack command with a priority of 100. I CANNOT FIGURE THIS OUT! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!:con fused:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Avindar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAvindar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Avindar

Posted 2010-01-27, 06:53 PM in reply to Avindar's post "Somebody PLEASE help me!!!"
I apologize, I just found out a fix to it.

For some reason, getting rid of the attributes assigned to the techs makes them work. So I can have techs without attributes. If anyone can figure out why the attributes were causing the problem, so I can fix that and put that back in, I'd be much obliged. Thanks, and sorry for the falseish alarm, and teh double post.

Avindar
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Avindar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAvindar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Avindar

Posted 2010-01-27, 06:58 PM in reply to Avindar's post starting "I apologize, I just found out a fix to..."
Avindar said: [Goto]
I apologize, I just found out a fix to it.

For some reason, getting rid of the attributes assigned to the techs makes them work. So I can have techs without attributes. If anyone can figure out why the attributes were causing the problem, so I can fix that and put that back in, I'd be much obliged. Thanks, and sorry for the falseish alarm, and teh double post.

Avindar
Did you check classes and such? For example, only some skills or atributes go to Warriors, or Mages? Might have something to do with it. Are you using the basic script?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-01-28, 08:03 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Did you check classes and such? For..."
Thanks for answering.

I checked, and as far as I can tell, I decide who can do what tech, whether I'm using classes or charecters to decide who get what, by assigning battle commands and when techs are learned.

if basic script means with no changes to the product, then yes, I think so. If not, please inform this igorant blighter.

I'm very glad to see somebody besides me love ff13, by the way.

Thanks again,

Avindar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Avindar

Posted 2010-02-02, 01:25 AM in reply to Avindar's post starting "Thanks for answering. I checked, and..."
Yeah, you've got the basic.
Sorry I took so long to reply, btw... you'll probably never read this, ahaha. Thanks! Can't wait for XIII's arrival, I've got a good feeling about it!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai