Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Where will the world be in 200 years
Posted 2007-03-16, 02:55 AM
(Reposting a thread Kuja #1 once made. Could be interesting)

Kuja #1 said:
Well have 1000x the ammount of weapons(which are also 100x more powerful and destructive than today's) that we have at this time. We'll use these weapons to destroy the world. A utopian society is a dream that we'll NEVER even come close to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-03-16, 08:48 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Where will the world be in 200 years"
It wont. We've only got about 5 years left. 2012 is where it's at baby.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-03-16, 08:49 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Where will the world be in 200 years"
Asteroid will kill us in 2020 somthing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-03-16, 08:51 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Asteroid will kill us in 2020 somthing."
In 200 years we'll be paying through the nose for even the most insignificant electronic component.

Forests will be few and far between, let alone rainforests.

A lot of animals we take for granted will be extinct.

Oil and coal supplies will have run out, and some new, more efficient form of fuel will be in use.

Methinks.

We'll also be living on the moon. Nope, I'm being serious. Really.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-16, 11:58 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "In 200 years we'll be paying through..."
I think we will have nuked ourselves to death over the next 200 years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-03-17, 10:07 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I think we will have nuked ourselves to..."
We already have the ability to build cobalt bombs, weapons that can single-handedly annihilate the human race. Perhaps we need to spread across the galaxy before we obtain even deadlier technologies that just about anyone can use?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2007-03-17, 10:52 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It wont. We've only got about 5 years..."
Nah, that's not gonna be the end. The world ends in 2122.

As for the question at hand: we'll probably be where we are now, just more technologically advanced. Seems that's how it's always been.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-03-17, 12:03 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Nah, that's not gonna be the end. The..."
My descendants will have conquered the universe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-03-17, 12:57 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Nah, that's not gonna be the end. The..."
The end will come in 2063, and after the comet passes it will bring back all those nasty magic creatures from legend and they will eat us all. You know like dragons, harpys, and trolls OH MY!
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-03-19, 06:35 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Where will the world be in 200 years"
Global warming will fuck us over, or over population.

Or both.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-03-19, 06:39 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "The end will come in 2063, and after..."
If you're mocking me, then you have not much merit. The 2012 thing is something to mock. Too many people buy into this whole "Aztecs predicted the end of the world in 2012" bullshit when really it's just the end of their calendar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-03-19, 08:35 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "The end will come in 2063, and after..."
Uh oh. Comet coming near.

Prepare for ritual suicide.
Didn't a group do that with the last huge comit flyby
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-03-19, 09:20 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Uh oh. Comet coming near. Prepare..."
Sovereign will die to my hand and I will be hailed a hero.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-03-20, 11:08 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Uh oh. Comet coming near. Prepare..."
There's always a bloody comet or asteroid coming near.

Why 2122, Kagom? I'm not trying to be funny. I'm just wondering, why 2122?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-24, 05:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There's always a bloody comet or..."
It's 2063, and when I become the first dragon slayer I will be hailed as a legend years after humans become oppressed by orcs.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-03-24, 06:04 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "It's 2063, and when I become the first..."
It might happen by next year if shit with Iran blows up. Nukes could be flying as soon as the brits declare war for thier boys who were just kidnapped. And the US will be going in with the glory and honor that we show in every war, and then south korea, with our backs turned, nuke half of the western world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-03-24, 06:31 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "It might happen by next year if shit..."
I've not been followinf the news recently... more people have been kidnapped?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-24, 08:53 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "It might happen by next year if shit..."
Please differentiate between North and South Korea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-03-24, 10:20 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Please differentiate between North and..."
South Korea has nukes? =P South Korea is the gaming mecca of the world =o.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-03-24, 10:36 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There's always a bloody comet or..."
Does it really matter, Lenny? If you really wanna know, get on AIM some time this week and I'll tell you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack