Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2003-07-19, 11:44 PM in reply to Kamikaze Badger's post "Affirmative Action"
Hi Raziel,

I would like to commend you for at least trying to keep an interesting post on topic.

Cultural Revolution another name for AA ?:

AA is terrifying .. pure and simple. At the extreme end, it didn't work in China, where teachers and doctors and any element of the intelligensia were mocked, stripped of their belongings and sent out to work in the paddyfields with their "comrade brothers" !

It certainly didn't improve China's economy, the peasants who so joyfully "denounced" anyone who had worked hard to get what they owned .. (usually because they were jealous of another persons efforts) .. certainly didn't benefit from the common collective (The idea that everyone should have an "Equal" share by taking from those who had more than they did !)

The NEW idea that the workhorse peasant was more valuable because he was able to do manual labour and very little else was proven to be wrong. Academics, poets, artists, scientists, doctors, educators, great thinkers .. were all scorned and debased terribly .. their wealth and assets stripped from them.

what happened ?

The whole country degraded further, and all because the "have nots" demanded equality with the "haves". Iin other words there was not enough to go around and taking away by force what people had earned the right to acquire by dint of hard work and intelligence dragged the entire country even further down into the dirt.

The answer, is most certainly NOT to artificially bump up grades or to dumb down levels, so more people can have a chance to acquire a virtually meaningless grade.

There HAS to be a system where excellence gains trhe merit it deserves, it should NOT be dependant on colour, creed or by knowing the right social set !

If the people with the higher qualifications are consistently passed by because they have the wrong skin colour be it BLACK, WHITE, RED OR YELLOW .. or whatever is the politically correct colour then God or Gods helps us all !

Last edited by Djinn; 2003-07-20 at 04:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Djinn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDjinn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Djinn

Posted 2003-07-19, 11:50 PM in reply to Kamikaze Badger's post "Affirmative Action"
Darn, I wish there was an edit facility, whereby one could return to their post and correct typos. Please note

Iin other should read In other
artificaially should read artificially
gains trhe merit should read gains the merit

aah well, so much for the edit facility. I tried to delete this post and put the corrections in the preceding post, but on ticking in the delete this box .. had the following message

vBulletin Message
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: Djinn [logout]

Last edited by Djinn; 2003-07-20 at 04:47 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Djinn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDjinn is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Djinn

Posted 2003-07-20, 12:45 AM in reply to Kamikaze Badger's post "Affirmative Action"
There is Felida, It's the blue button to above and left of your avatar.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-07-20, 01:27 AM in reply to Kamikaze Badger's post "Affirmative Action"
Thank you for that .. like all forums I find small type so hard to read .. what would really help is a feature that enables the small font in the quick reply and full featured reply to be displayed larger than it is .. php boards have a default feature that can usually be altered by the mods that does allow the font size to be increased. I view at 1024 resolution rather than 800 so the text appears very small to me

I have no problems reading the messages once posted as I can then choose the view feature in my browser .. and select a larger font size

Last edited by Djinn; 2003-07-20 at 01:37 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Djinn

Posted 2003-07-20, 03:26 PM in reply to Kamikaze Badger's post "Affirmative Action"
Djinn Stop double posting please.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ViciousMilitia