Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Titusfied's Week 9 Power Rankings
Posted 2008-11-04, 10:48 AM
Great weekend in football. Come to think of it, I don't think I'll ever think there was a bad weekend in football, simply because I love football too much. Either way, a lot of teams played surprisingly well, and well, bad *cough* Jacksonville *cough*. There were a few changes in the top 5, and maybe a little bias, but looking at what is left after the top 4, it's a throw up.

1. Tennessee Titans - Obvious. Tough game against the Packers (which is undoubtedly the best 4-4 team in the league), but good teams pull out vitcories. Kerry Collins started looking a little suspect in this game, so maybe it was too soon when I stated last week that he was really starting to come around. Everyone is bound to have a bad game, this team is just really lucky they have a 1-2 punch with the run game and their defense is almost impregnable.

2. New York Giants - Wow. Yes, wow. Very convincing win against the Cowboys, even with a Romo-less team. Like the Giant players said after the game, and I believe them, the outcome would've been the same even with Tony Homo in the game. It was simply the Giants day, and they could do no wrong against the weak Cowboys defense. Everyone was saying from the get-go, and they were right, the Cowboys defense will be their demise, and the Giants are just adding fuel to that fire.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers - Great win last night against a tough Redskins team. Both teams looked flat in the beginning, even though Washington jumped out to a 6-0 start on two Suisham FG's. Jason Cambell couldn't take the no INT talk analysis anymore, and he ended up throwing two, his first two of the season. You have to give credit where credit is due though, the Steelers are a tough team to play against. The defense is great, and with Fast Willie back in the lineup, their run game will continue to strive. They certainly need a healthy Rothlesberger, and with all the punishment that man is taking week in, week out, I don't know if they're going to be able to rely on him in the long run. Byron Leftwich isn't a sloutch, but he's no Big Ben. Ben has proven himself, and won a SB already in his career - you can't just replace a man like that when the playoffs roll around.

4. Carolina Panthers - They had a bye this week, and the only reason they dropped a spot was because of the convincing team that was on their heels - Pittsburgh. Nothing to really add, and I'm sure a week off to heal their bodies and gameplan for opponents will make them strong this coming week.

5. Philadelphia Eagles - I can make an arguement for the Redskins, but I'm not going to for a few reasons. Firstly, they have been squeaking out wins week after week and haven't exactly impressed me. Secondly, like I stated last week, the Eagles are a different team with a healthy Westbrook and McNabb - and they both look just fine and dandy. The Eagles are a real threat in the league, and have quietly rattled off 3 straight victories after back to back devastating losses (that should've and could've been wins) to the Redskins and Chicago. Injuries aren't affecting them right now, and they're rolling. I like the fact that they're under the radar right now. There are a lot of 5-3 teams out there, but I'm putting the Eagles up front because of their solid defensive play, and their dynamic run attack with arguably the best RB in the league.

Indianapolis Colts - It's going to take another week of good play to really convince me they are back, but with their nice win over New England this week, I'd say they're making a push in the top 10 - around the 9 or 10 spot right now. A few consistent weeks out of Peyton, and a healthy Addai back in the lineup could spell trouble for their upcoming opponents. Lets go Colts! Keep it up Peyton!

Jacksonville Jaguars - Bad loss. Horrendous loss. I know the old saying D3V, "Any given Sunday," but that's no excuse, so don't try it. They were simply outplayed by the Bengals; ALL GAME. Establish a run game for Christ's sake. Play the defense everyone in the league thought you were capable of for shit's sake. What the fuck is happening to this team, I don't know? I hope they rebound though, and quick, because their chances of making a playoff push are dwindling fast, especially after losing to the likes of Cincinnati......
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-11-04, 11:18 AM in reply to Titusfied's post "Titusfied's Week 9 Power Rankings"
Very nice write up, Titus. +Rep for that shit.

Fuck Tennessee, by the way. I hope they lose their next 8 games; wouldn't that be awesome? They just need a really good offense to come in and expose their defense. I'm tellin you guys right now, they aren't going to win any Superbowls with Kerry Collins as their quarterback.

And D3V already knows how I feel about Jacksonville losing to a winless team. I can barely supress my laughter....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-11-04, 03:53 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Very nice write up, Titus. +Rep for..."
Titus, great job week in and week out.

Giants vs. Philly is a huge game next week. Im really excited to watch this game, since this will be probably the best office that the Giants have seen up until this point. Plus, there D is top 10 and i would really like to see Eli have a solid game. Going to be epic.

Oh and D3v, when MJD starts running the ball again, your team will be fine, until then, it looks pretty hopeless.

And to all redskin fans, please bea the boys in two weeks so they are just knocked out of anything meaningful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-11-04, 03:55 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Titus, great job week in and week out...."
Dude, this week's game is going to be legendary, I can't wait. I'm actually going to the game with my woman, and we're going to be representing nicely, that's for sure. May the best team win.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-11-04, 03:57 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Dude, this week's game is going to be..."
Quote:
Oh and D3v, when MJD starts running the ball again, your team will be fine, until then, it looks pretty hopeless.
I totally agree. The problem is it's almost impossibly to effectively run the ball with a depleted offensive line. Our vet Brad Meester just came back this week, hasn't even had a chance to really practice with the rest of his teammates yet, but in time he will get back into the groove. I'm still not worried about it, Jags will get a wild card spot.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-04, 04:15 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Dude, this week's game is going to be..."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
Dude, this week's game is going to be legendary, I can't wait. I'm actually going to the game with my woman, and we're going to be representing nicely, that's for sure. May the best team win.
Lucky bastard, but i cant be too jealous, since i am going to the other Philly game on Dec 7th.

And yes may the best team win (and if i have to lose, id rather it be to Philly instead of the skins or boys)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-11-04, 04:20 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Lucky bastard, but i cant be too..."
That will be a damn good game, FriedTits.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-11-05, 04:24 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "That will be a damn good game,..."
It'll be my first game I'm attending this year. I'm stoked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied