Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Posted 2007-02-23, 07:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And I'm not arguing with you about..."
I was trying to agree with your main post of fixing the problem rather than just deleting high scores, since they would just be made again.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-03-14, 04:31 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I was trying to agree with your main..."
Sorry, I'm bored... sooooo...

http://zelaron.com/forum/arcade.php?...ort&user=18265

I call CHEAT!

59 on Hexxagon. Tut tut tut.

I have to say, though, he's done it very cleverly. The scores are high enough so it's hard to beat them, but low enough so as not to look like they've been faked. Shneakay!

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-03-14 at 04:34 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-14, 04:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sorry, I'm bored... sooooo... ..."
Defend Your Castle -1
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-03-14, 04:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Sorry, I'm bored... sooooo... ..."
Lenny said:
Sorry, I'm bored... sooooo...

http://zelaron.com/forum/arcade.php?...ort&user=18265

I call CHEAT!

59 on Hexxagon. Tut tut tut.

I have to say, though, he's done it very cleverly. The scores are high enough so it's hard to beat them, but low enough so as not to look like they've been faked. Shneakay!
That's the exact reason why I think human moderation of the scores is not the answer. A clever person can fake a score that looks quite real.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-03-14, 04:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's the exact reason why I think..."
But he'd have to go about it very cleverly. Some of the games give you scores in nultiples of 5's or hundreds. Some games can give you scores of any number. You've got to mix and match and know what you're doing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-14, 04:48 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "But he'd have to go about it very..."
It honestly wouldn't be THAT hard. You just have to find the right game to use to get the score you desire.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-03-14, 04:53 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It honestly wouldn't be THAT hard. You..."
In theory, it shouldn't be too hard, no, but in practice it could be.

Unless you manage to hack the games and set your own scores.

For some reason, a -1 in Defend Your Castle makes me think along those lines.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-03-15, 05:24 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "In theory, it shouldn't be too hard,..."
Yea....
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-03-24, 01:11 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron Arcade"
I have updated the arcade to version 2.6.1+. The score cheat has finally been fixed. I have pruned all score entries from the database, to ensure that all future scores will be entirely legitimate.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2007-03-24, 03:17 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I have updated the arcade to version..."
Thank God!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-03-24, 03:54 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I have updated the arcade to version..."
Yay, no more of one person with 28 high scores.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-03-24, 04:55 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Yay, no more of one person with 28 high..."
Yay! A clean sheet to deface.

You da man, Chruser.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-01, 05:51 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I have updated the arcade to version..."
Any suggestions for games I should remove from the arcade? Moon Lander is too boring, and City Jumper is bugged (no way to get past level 29). Smack the Penguin has a maximum score, but it is still a popular game.

I also need two, absolutely no more than two volunteers for helping me go through a 463 MB archive of Flash games. Let me know ASAP if you want to help.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2007-04-05, 04:52 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Any suggestions for games I should..."
14 games of my choice added. The typing test returns an error about the score not being submitted, but it submits it anyhow. Can anyone verify this for me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2007-04-05, 09:11 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "14 games of my choice added. The typing..."
I get the same error, but it still submits.

Ack... I only got 18.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-04-05, 06:11 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron Arcade"
yay this place rules!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
aznjapboi13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenaznjapboi13 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

aznjapboi13

Posted 2007-04-16, 06:55 PM in reply to aznjapboi13's post starting "yay this place rules!!!"
At least I can say I was King of the Arcade at least once!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-04-16, 07:07 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "At least I can say I was King of the..."
ur mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-12, 10:11 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "ur mom"
To suggest new games to be added to the arcade, go here:

http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45686
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-10, 10:50 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "To suggest new games to be added to the..."
The arcade is back, and has been upgraded to the latest version! I have received some reports about hacked scores, but nothing is conclusive yet. Should any of the scores prove to be hacked, the high score tables of the arcade will be purged.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser