Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Interested in Anime
Posted 2006-09-09, 05:19 PM
I've liked most of the Anime I've seen so far:
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Kaze No Tani No Naushika (Anime with a planet that's taken over by "Ohms")
Naruto (1-50~, gets gay after that)
Berserk
Hellsing (kinda liked it)

But where should I go after all those? Small series or movies, I don't really like things like Naruto or DBZ with tons of episodes. However, I may watch DBZ again, and just skip all the fucking training.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2006-09-09, 08:40 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Interested in Anime"
If you are into action / violence, go with the new Hellsing OVA or Elfen Lied. The Hellsing OVA has 2 episodes out so far, but the first one comes out in the US on 12/5/06. Be ready to wait a fairly long period of time between releases.

Then there is Full Metal Panic. There are currently 3 full Metal Panic seasons. The first one is titled just Full Metal Panic, and is about 25 or so episodes. The second one is titled Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu ad is 13 episodes. The third one was just recently licensed and is set to be released some time in November. It's called Full Metal Panic: The SEcond Raid. I think it has 13 episodes + 1 ova. The first and third one are action and a decent ammount of comedy but not where it gets extremel silly. These two both are invested heavily in Mecha Battles. The second one, Fumoffu, is a comedy. There really is no mecha battles, or a real plot. From what I understand its just what happened in the everyday lives of the main characters between the first and third series.

The first one I think ran me about 70 dollars, and it comes in a nifty little ThinPack dvd box set. Fumoffu cost about 100 dollars but this was probably over a half a year ago, it may have gone down. The last one hasn't been released yet but I have a preorder on the box + volume one for about 30 dollars.

That's all in my little collection that I think you may like. (Minus elfen lied, I don't own that)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-09-10, 09:25 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Interested in Anime"
Trigun is pretty much the only thing I've watched. I liked it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2006-09-10, 09:30 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post "Interested in Anime"
`Insolence` said:
I've liked most of the Anime I've seen so far:
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Kaze No Tani No Naushika (Anime with a planet that's taken over by "Ohms")
Naruto (1-50~, gets gay after that)
Berserk
Hellsing (kinda liked it)

But where should I go after all those? Small series or movies, I don't really like things like Naruto or DBZ with tons of episodes. However, I may watch DBZ again, and just skip all the fucking training.
If you don't like the episodes of Naruto between the 50s and 80s you must be gay.

Anime to try:

Bleach
One Piece (long, so maybe you're too queer for it?)
Kenshin
Getbackers
Full Metal Panic, FMP: Fumoffu and FMP: TSR
Full Metal Alchemist (unrelated to above)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-09-11, 12:23 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "If you don't like the episodes of..."
Naruto has all but been ruined by fillers for me =(.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-09-12, 01:05 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Naruto has all but been ruined by..."
I hated watching Naruto turn into Dragon Ball Z, taking 15 episodes for anything to happen.

I'm too queer for One Peace, I actually watched just the intro and deleted it. What a faggy anime.

Full Metal Alchemist, my friends tried to turn me onto it; I didn't really like it (watched about 13~ episodes).

Will try:
Bleach
Kenshin
Getbackers
Full Metal Panic, FMP: Fumoffu and FMP: TSR
Elfen Lied

Should I even consider buying these? It's so expensive, but it's so easy to torrent =\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2006-09-12, 05:30 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "I hated watching Naruto turn into..."
One Piece starts out looking childish and improves significantly by the 50s or so.

P.S. I hope to god you saw it in Japanese, not English.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2006-09-12 at 01:58 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-09-12, 10:50 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "I hated watching Naruto turn into..."
You probably would want to download bleach. It would cost too much to buy it all, plus it was only recently licensed. It'll be quite a while until all the dvd's come out.

I'd recommend buying the first Full Metal Panic. The 7 disks + a neat artbox is only 67 dollars at www.animecornerstore.com.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-09-13, 01:14 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "You probably would want to download..."
I'd suggest the following:

Genshiken
Chobits
Honey & Clover
Honey & Clover II
School Rumble
School Rumble II
Azumanga Daioh
Love Hina
Shakugan No Shana
Welcome to the NHK
Fate/Stay Night
Ouran High School Host Club

And many more

Last edited by Randuin; 2006-09-13 at 01:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2006-09-13, 03:40 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "I'd suggest the following: Genshiken..."
I would recommend not watching any of those.

Or listening to Green Day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2006-09-13, 10:12 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I would recommend not watching any of..."
Owned. Anyways ...yea I was skeptical about One Piece at first but it's actually a very good anime and you get drawn into the story line after just a short while and crave more =).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-09-13, 10:41 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "I'd suggest the following: Genshiken..."
I'll agree with Love Hina, and what I saw of Shana was pretty good.

I think there is still a movie or something more coming out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-09-14, 02:57 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'll agree with Love Hina, and what I..."
Yea a movie of Shana is coming out

But seriously, Genshiken is one of the most underrated and least publicized anime ever. I really like it.

Last edited by Randuin; 2006-09-14 at 03:01 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2006-09-21, 05:37 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Yea a movie of Shana is coming out ..."
17 eps through Shana, and I now officially highly recommend it!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2006-09-21, 06:26 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "17 eps through Shana, and I now..."
Do they still show Gundam Wing anywhere? I used to actually have a RPG site dedicated to that a long time ago. It was fun, but I doubt I'd like it now. (the RPG that is)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2006-09-22, 06:41 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "17 eps through Shana, and I now..."
Sovereign said:
17 eps through Shana, and I now officially highly recommend it!
I started skipping through the last 2 episodes, but building up was very good.

I just recently finished Eureka 7 which i recommend as well if you like gundam
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2006-09-23, 04:28 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "I started skipping through the last 2..."
laugh out loud anime.

I watched DBZ a few times... and my roommate wants me to watch Full Metal Alchemist.

I'm kinda too busy owning to watch anything or do anything but own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags