Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Posted 2008-11-17, 07:49 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Eh, close enough."
The Exec Bar Crawl didn't happen tonight - some of the Execs couldn't make it. But we've rescheduled it to a Friday, which is alright.

Tomorrow we're having a corridor night in with pizza and films. Should be fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-11-18, 02:57 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The Exec Bar Crawl didn't happen..."
So, back to the drunk girl in your bed...

Is there potential there? Or are you in the friend zone having played the nice "I'll just sleep on the floor" guy?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-11-18, 03:23 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "So, back to the drunk girl in your..."
Alas, no potential there. She's going out with a guy at the other end of the corridor, so it's the friend zone for me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-11-18, 09:13 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Alas, no potential there. She's going..."
It's not so bad being friends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-11-18, 05:35 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "It's not so bad being friends."
True, friends ain't bad. She's going out with a guy at the other end of the corridor, anyway.

And she's a Scouser. Personally, I think I've got off rather lightly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-11-19, 09:31 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "True, friends ain't bad. She's going..."
Scouser?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-11-19, 12:07 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Scouser?"
Google said:
A Liverpudlian, a native or resident of Liverpool
Maybe?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-11-19, 02:12 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Maybe?"
*shrug*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-11-19, 05:44 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "*shrug*"
Indeed. One gold star for Speccy!

Not much has happened tonight. I've got a multicoloured face from toner, but that's about it. Oh, and the carpet in the corridor outside my room is multicoloured. As is the hair of the guy next door.

This morning I handed in my first piece of work, and this afternoon I handed in my next five. Fun...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-11-19, 05:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Indeed. One gold star for Speccy! :D ..."
Having some printer issues, Lenny?

Btw, Top Gear is the best car show ever. Been watching it for years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-11-19, 05:51 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Having some printer issues, Lenny? ..."
Kinda. It prints fine, and technically isn't broken... it's just that anything that uses the black toner comes out streaky. I've had a brief look (hence the toner everywhere - I've just found some in my own hair, too, and my glasses have a blueish tint), and I think that there's some rubbish on the black roller. The three colours come out fine, which suggests its not the main roller or any of the rollers the paper is in contact with, so I'm concluding that it's the black roller. Even if it isn't, it'll give me a chance to clean the printer - there seems to be toner marks everywhere. I think the waste toner pipe might have a small leak.

I've got some newspaper to lay everything out on, so when I get down to it after my lectures tomorrow I should be able to do it without getting stuff on the carpet again.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-11-22, 02:21 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Kinda. It prints fine, and technically..."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081122/...rinking_deaths

There you go Lenny, no more discounts possibly for happy hour . Go lobby against it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-11-22, 02:39 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081122/ap_o..."
They're going to ban drinking games?!?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-11-22, 06:09 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "They're going to ban drinking games?!?!"
Doesn't bother me - student bars don't have happy hours, as they're cheap all year round, and it's going to be impossible to enforce a ban on dirnking games.

This amused me:

Quote:
Shillito said low prices for alcohol had helped encourage drinking among British youths, noting "they can buy alcohol with their pocket money."
It's not the low prices which make for more drinking, it's the fact that most of the scrags get £20 pocket money a week.

---

Anyway, we were going to watch Quantum of Solace at the local cinema tonight, but we discovered that it's only showing it on Monday and Tuesday (with Tuesday being the last day), and none of us can make either day. So instead we stayed in and watched: The Last King of Scotland, Alien, some episodes of the Mighty Boosh, and the latest episode of Have I Got News For You.

Quite a good night, actually.

I think I'm starting to fall for one of the girls on the corridor, too. It's quite... interesting. I'm intrigued as to how it happened, and what might come of it. Maybe I'll be able to put my diary to good use at last!

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-11-22 at 06:15 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-11-22, 10:00 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Doesn't bother me - student bars don't..."
New game! For every minute someone doesn't enforce the ban, take a shot!

Ooo, romantic revelations in the life of a Smurf.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-11-23, 05:49 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "New game! For every minute someone..."
Maybe. Maybe not. It awaits to be seen. Hopefully - this Smurf is overdue for some lovin'.

---

Played at the SCA Jazz Night with Big Band tonight. As a band we played well. As a Big band we didn't.

Pub quiz we came joint fourth out of seven. S'alright, I s'pose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-12-08, 03:33 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Maybe. Maybe not. It awaits to be seen...."
Alas, I haven't updated for quite a while. So now I shall.

Everything is gravy. We're still bonding well as a corridor group (I don't think there is any other corridor that hasn't split down into groups of three or four - we're still a group of fourteen!), and regularly have nights in/out together - Saturday's are now Film Night, Sunday is Pub Quiz and Top Gear night, and every other night is a do something night. Next Friday we're having a corridor Christmas party, and on Wednesday we're going out on some form of Bar Crawl.

Ooooh, the best news - last night we won the Pub Quiz! Our team, Charlotte's Pants: They Contain Nuts (named after a, ahem, girl on the corridor) got 32 out of 52 questions right, tied with another team, and smashed them in the tie break question. Well, I say smashed, they were 108 years out, and we were 57 years out (the question was: In which year was toilet paper invented? We handed our answer in written on a piece of toilet paper, too!).

Do't think there's much else to add. I've spent quite a bit of time this weekend in Corridor Girls vicinity, slept nowhere near as long as I should have done, and generally had a fantastic time.

I'm going to miss it when term finishes on the 17th, and will be very glad to be back on January 18th. I've got a week and a half until then, though, and I plan on making the most of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-01-25, 05:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Alas, I haven't updated for quite a..."
Last night was an interesting night - I was made to drink!

Well, I say made... a couple of people bought me a rather large bottle of Smirnoff Ice, and a few other people bought me a number of double Malibu and Lemonadey things, and I drank them (bad manners to refuse free alcohol)... and nothing happened. It had no effect at all! Not even a little bit. I was disappointed. The M&L tasted like swimming bath water after a while and everything! No hangover, either.

I'm starting to think that being drunk is a game drinkers play on non-drinkers to make us feel like we're missing out on something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-01-26, 10:52 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Last night was an interesting night - I..."
My friends enjoy getting me drunk. I think it's a game for them since I so rarely drink much. :T
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer