Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Xenogears
Posted 2004-12-16, 10:48 PM
Can someone tell me what best party and why i want to know my party sux. Thanx for your reply.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-12-16, 11:00 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post "Xenogears"
My favorite Endgame party always had Fei and Citan. The other one wasn't as important, but I think I usually had Emerelda. Basically, anyone but Rico. I'd take the fuzzy pink thing before Rico...

As to why your party sucks, we'd need more detail.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-12-17, 12:52 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "My favorite Endgame party always had..."
Vollstrecker said:
My favorite Endgame party always had Fei and Citan. The other one wasn't as important, but I think I usually had Emerelda.
I hated Citan, but he's inarguably the best character in the game. My final party was always Fei, Emeralda (adult form, of course) and Citan.

Quote:
Basically, anyone but Rico. I'd take the fuzzy pink thing before Rico...
Are you serious? Rico on his own sucked balls, but the Stier was actually a damned good Gear. Chu-Chu doesn't even have any Deathblows!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-17, 01:48 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I hated Citan, but he's inarguably the..."
Citan was my favorite character (since I couldn't be Id). He was inarguably the most versatile character in the game.

Rico sucked nuts, and his gear was a piece of shit. He was the most useless character in the game. I hate him for having a remotely interesting past that you never hear about, sucking ass in general, and being a complete ass about it to boot.

I think Mother Marguerite would kick the living shit out of Rico in a duel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-12-17, 02:26 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Citan was my favorite character (since..."
Vollstrecker said:
Citan was my favorite character (since I couldn't be Id). He was inarguably the most versatile character in the game.
I couldn't stand Citan for several reasons.

1) He's absolutely one of the fruitiest-looking characters ever.

2) He has absolutely no flaws whatsoever. Not only is he the strongest, the fastest and has the most HP, but he's also got an answer for everything and never seems to be caught off-guard or at a disadvantage. He was just boring.

3) His Gears were easily the most unispired-looking of the bunch. They were all clunky and drab. His Gears only became marginally interesting once they were armed with swords.

Quote:
Rico sucked nuts, and his gear was a piece of shit. He was the most useless character in the game. I hate him for having a remotely interesting past that you never hear about, sucking ass in general, and being a complete ass about it to boot.
The only reason Rico sucked was because his accuracy was terrible, which the Stier didn't suffer from at all. It could take a hell of a beating, and dished out a lot more damage than most of the other Gears.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-17, 10:00 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I couldn't stand Citan for several..."
My party sux because i use fei , bart and that girl with red hair. I am in where fei, doctor, and rico escaping they prison after being attacked. Thanx for your reply.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-12-19, 11:35 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "My party sux because i use fei , bart..."
Well, there's not much you can do about that, dude. You can't change your party at that point. How in the name of God your party is sucking with Citan in there is beyond me. He's the best character in the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-20, 03:08 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Well, there's not much you can do about..."
Fei, Citan, and Rico...

You've got 2 members of the Dream Team there, and a random passerby. You can pull it off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-12-20, 03:27 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Fei, Citan, and Rico... You've got 2..."
Actually, he's got Elly with him at that point, who's much easier to work with than the Champ.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-20, 03:39 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Actually, he's got Elly with him at..."
She melees better too, which is depressing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-12-20, 03:41 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "She melees better too, which is..."
Honestly, I never used her for anything but melee. For being the big "spellcaster" in the game, her offensive magic sucked balls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-20, 01:38 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Honestly, I never used her for anything..."
That was honestly my only complaint about the game, is that the specialized characters weren't any good in their own bailiwick...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-12-20, 08:38 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "That was honestly my only complaint..."
No love for Billy? His attacks were decent and he's a good healer. I used him all the time. If I didn't feel like being cheap, he took Citan's place in a Fei, Citan, Emeralda party.

You know, everybody I know doesn't like Emeralda but she freakin powerful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2004-12-20, 10:43 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "No love for Billy? His attacks were..."
Actually, I always used Fei, Citan and Billy until I got Emeralda. By that point, you had most of your characters' uber-powerful elemental Deathblows and as such, healing in hand-to-hand battles became pretty much obsolete.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-20, 10:44 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "No love for Billy? His attacks were..."
I like her. Billy was rather weak, and didn't fit into my play style very well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker