Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

PSP cheaper than you think
Posted 2004-12-06, 11:09 AM
Yea, this was posted on gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/driving/...s_6111769.html
"
Nintendo and Sony execs trade barbs over PSP/DS battle

Bloomberg Japan quotes high-ranking company officials, industry analysts on the handheld wars.

The ink's not yet dry on the PSP price tags, but the fallout from yesterday's surprising announcements has already begun. Bloomberg Japan reported today on Nintendo's reaction to Sony's price point for the PSP, which was far lower than any analyst or industry insider prediction.

"That's not a game machine," said Yasuhiro Minagawa, head of PR for Nintendo Co., Ltd. "They showed it at the [Tokyo] Game Show without any fundamental game software, and you can tell that it's not yet complete."

For a reaction to the reaction, Bloomberg went to SCE's Ken Kutaragi. "People who want to play with Pikachu will need Nintendo's new-style DS machine," he said, "but those who want to play our racing game Gran Turismo 4 will need a PSP, right?"

Bloomberg also quoted JP Morgan Securities analyst Masaru Onishi, who told the news service, "By announcing an unexpectedly low price for the PSP, Sony has raised the chances that it will fully expand into the market. Many game publishers are now saying, 'At that price, we'd seriously like to make games for the PSP.'"

By Chris Kohler, GameSpot POSTED
"

Laydown bitches, this means its not gonna be $230 for the value pack here in NA, considerably cheaper is somewheres around $180 USD. Its gonna definitely be worth the price.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-12-06, 01:15 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "PSP cheaper than you think"
I'm not going to go buy PSP because of its 'new low price' or for shitty racing games.

By the time the PSP comes out, the DS will no doubt have had a price drop. It will still be cheaper.

Powerful graphics and spiffy extras don't always win the market. I have a gameboy, and ORIGINAL gameboy, and I'd much rather play games on that then a playstation 2. We got it in 1990 or 1991.. maybe later I forget. It was a while ago. Thing is, we got it more then a DECADE ago, and it still works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-07, 06:45 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'm not going to go buy PSP because of..."
Sov, your a fucking idiot. The PSP comes out Dec. 12th in Japan, the US release will be close behind, most likely the DS won't drop it's price until about April, when it'll drop to 129.99. The PSP will be about 175 when it comes out with the total package.

Powerful graphics are always whats best, look at when the Playstation came out, Nintendo gamers with their 64's ditched them, and cashed in with the playstation. And the same will happen with DS, the EBay sales are going to go through the roof, the resale value is going to be shitty, after all the touchscreen start going out.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-12-07, 08:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Sov, your a fucking idiot. The PSP..."
D3V said:
Sov, your a fucking idiot. The PSP comes out Dec. 12th in Japan, the US release will be close behind, most likely the DS won't drop it's price until about April, when it'll drop to 129.99. The PSP will be about 175 when it comes out with the total package.
I don't give a shit about the japan release date. State american release dates or shut the fuck up. Stating that its "close behind" does nothing.

Oh, and I'm sure people will LOVE Paying 50 dollars for a portable game, when you can get a DS game on average for what, 30-40 dollars?

Hey, what do you know. I can play the same shitty racing and sports games that will be available on the PSP on a ps2. hey, i already have a ps2! Why would I want another version of it?

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-12-07 at 08:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-08, 06:06 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I don't give a shit about the japan..."
Ds games are like 45 dollars. the Psp games will be 35.

The question is, why would want another damn gameboy? Its all gamecubes and N64's crap merged together and de-graphified. It's horrible, the stylus is garbage, and the multiplayer play is crappy, go eat it.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-12-08, 08:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ds games are like 45 dollars. the Psp..."
You say it d3v i don't know why they say bad thing about playstation. Playstation was they one responsible to get us to here. What i am saying if playstation didn't came we will be playing snes they will be no gamecube and xbox.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2004-12-09, 01:48 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "You say it d3v i don't know why they..."
I don't know where you people come from that are so completely biased against the PSP. You've already got your minds made up and it isn't even out yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-12-09, 02:23 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Ds games are like 45 dollars. the Psp..."
D3V said:
Ds games are like 45 dollars. the Psp games will be 35.
Remember me telling you that all you do is talk out of your ass and make shit up?

DS games are $30. I own one, you own none. PSP games will be $50. Moron.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-09, 02:38 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Remember me telling you that all you do..."
http://www.walmart.com/search/search...+125866.184031

33% of those DS games are $40.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-12-09, 02:41 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng...."
Yes, and three of those four games are EA games, and they rape the customer on game prices constantly. Most PSP games will be $50, but you can bet that the EA titles will be $55 to $60.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-09, 02:48 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yes, and three of those four games are..."
How is it that you know what PSP games will cost?

I hear you constantly throwing numbers around, put some sources out here too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-12-09, 03:02 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How is it that you know what PSP games..."
I've never claimned that what I say is law. It's entirely based upon speculation and logic. Sony needs to jack up game prices in order to make any profit on the thing.

I'm not D3V, who blatantly contradicts fact with his half-assed assumptions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-10, 02:03 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I've never claimned that what I say is..."
You also said that the psp was going to cost $300, and you were way fucking off there.

I never contradict my facts, and never half-ass any assumption, your one to talk. The DS is garbage, you had better hope the re-sale value is good, or your never going to get the best hand-held in the world, the PSP.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-12-10, 05:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "How is it that you know what PSP games..."
http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=87

Nintendos goal was to make a good GAMING handheld. Sony's goal was to stuff as much shit into as little a space as possible. Pfft.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-12-10 at 05:24 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-10, 08:31 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp..."
what the heck, spiderman 1 for psp?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-12-12, 12:06 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You also said that the psp was going to..."
D3V said:
You also said that the psp was going to cost $300, and you were way fucking off there.
It was an estimation, D3V. Nearly every electronics hardware analyst in the videogame industry assumed the same thing as well.

Quote:
I never contradict my facts, and never half-ass any assumption, your one to talk. The DS is garbage, you had better hope the re-sale value is good, or your never going to get the best hand-held in the world, the PSP.
D3V, you don't have any facts. You claimed that DS games are priced at $40, whereas most are priced at $30. You assumed that all GBA games were 3D based upon the fact that you own one 2D, Mode 7 racing game for the thing.

Let me just re-emphasize a point I've been making all along. I don't out and out attack Sony's piece of hardware unprovoked. I've stated apparent flaws in the system and attacked your asinine claims against Nintendo's hardware. One of us is a level-headed human being, and the other is amped-up into full-blown fanboy mode 24 hours a day. You attack the DS in topics that are completely unrelated, you invite arguing about the topic in threads that don't warrant it, and you slag the hardware constantly in situations where your opinion isn't invited, wanted or required.

You really need to lay off of the fanboy-snacks, dude.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-12-12 at 12:19 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-12, 06:24 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It was an estimation, D3V. Nearly..."
Actually, anytime somebody says the PSP is god, you seemed to get provoked, and attack. Your just stuck on Nintendo's dick, and nobody knows why. Maybe your still the little child addicted to the fad, mario.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-12-12, 08:46 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Actually, anytime somebody says the PSP..."
Because all games have to have guns, exlosions, or violence of some sort to be fun, right?

Mario owns. ^.^
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-12-12, 09:32 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Because all games have to have guns,..."
I wonder how many Mario-themed games there are. All of the ones I have played were extremely fun. Mario Paint was the best IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-12-12, 10:47 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Actually, anytime somebody says the PSP..."
D3V said:
Actually, anytime somebody says the PSP is god, you seemed to get provoked, and attack. Your just stuck on Nintendo's dick, and nobody knows why. Maybe your still the little child addicted to the fad, mario.
D3V, there is exactly one instance of me making an uninvited, unprovoked criticism against the PSP. It wasn't even an attack, it was an analysis of the product's possible future financial outcome. I can give you the fucking link if you want it.

Beyond that, all I've ever done is attack your fanboy rants. You are the one constantly bringing DS bashing into PSP topics, you are the one constantly entering DS threads to bash the thing, and you are the one who seems incapable of giving it a fucking rest. All I'm doing is smacking you down for being a retarded, loudmouth, fanboy.

I repeat: toss those fanboy-snacks away. They're poisoning your ability to function like a normal human being.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel