Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2004-11-26, 01:32 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Yep. 3 million pre-orders. That's not..."
For one, I never said I couldn't use the Touch-screen, it was just annoying trying to play Metriod with it. The thumb-thing wasn't there.

As I recall, the Gameboy Advance games WERE IN 3-D.

Tiny Dick? Is that a flame ! OMG!

Like I've said before, i'll repeat it again in this thread. If I were 7 Years old, and in love with Mario, I'd want a DS. I want a more mature type of gameplay, and that cannot be delivered with the DS. All of their games are focused towards the 7-12 age category. While on the other hand, the PSP is exploding onto the market for the older 17-23 age group.

With the PSP's new lowered price, the capability to watch movies on it, pop on any of your USB ports into it, the PSP is Amazing for the price that it is, the DS is just another pathetic spin-off of Nintendo's before failures.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-11-26, 01:39 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "For one, I never said I couldn't use..."
D3V said:
Nintendo's before failures.
Name one of them that failed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-11-26, 01:45 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "PSP Official News!"
Well I guess the biggest System failure, would have to be the SNES. And mainly because of how shitty they marketed it, and when they released it. And overall it sucked.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-11-26, 03:28 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "For one, I never said I couldn't use..."
D3V said:
For one, I never said I couldn't use the Touch-screen, it was just annoying trying to play Metriod with it. The thumb-thing wasn't there.
It's certainly a hell of a lot more intuitive than Sony's "analog nub" on the PSP. The thing is the size of a dime and is positioned at the very bottom of the unit. Sounds like comfort-city to me! You try playing an FPS like that! The DS offers the only non-PC FPS play scheme that even compares to the mouse/keyboard setup. The PSP doesn't offer that. It offers a d-pad and a poorly-placed analog nub.

Quote:
As I recall, the Gameboy Advance games WERE IN 3-D.
Oh Lord Jesus in Heaven, D3V you cannot truly be this ignorant, right? RIGHT?

This is a list of all games released at the GBA's launch:

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Konami Krazy Racers
Rayman Advance
Super Mario Advance
Fire Pro Wrestling
Chu Chu Rocket
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

All of those games were 2D, as is 99% of the GBA's total library. You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Quote:
Like I've said before, i'll repeat it again in this thread. If I were 7 Years old, and in love with Mario, I'd want a DS. I want a more mature type of gameplay, and that cannot be delivered with the DS. All of their games are focused towards the 7-12 age category. While on the other hand, the PSP is exploding onto the market for the older 17-23 age group.
Oh my God, you sound like the worst PR man in history. "The PSP is exploding onto the market..." God Almighty.

Quote:
With the PSP's new lowered price, the capability to watch movies on it, pop on any of your USB ports into it, the PSP is Amazing for the price that it is, the DS is just another pathetic spin-off of Nintendo's before failures.

Seriously, you just pull this stuff out of thin air, don't you? The PSP's American MSRP hasn't even been announced yet. The $189.00 pricetag is a conversion based on the Japanese MSRP. The thing is going to cost $199.00 when it comes overseas, and that doesn't include a memory card. With the memory card included, that rockets the price closer to $230.00 US. That's almost $100 more than the DS!

On top of that, you're not even factoring in battery-life, disc read errors or overheating. It's a disc-based system, D3V. How much bumping around in your pocket do you think the thing can take before it stops reading discs altogether? How long do you think you can possibly play it before it starts burning your hands because of the lack of ventilation and moving parts causing heat buildup? How long do you think the battery can take high-graphic titles like Metal Gear Ac!d before it drains itself completely?

The answer is: not much. At the recent TGS Gamers Summit, event staffers reported that Sony's PSP personnel were replacing dead batteries every two hours. The DS gets ten hours of battery life.

The thing is disc-based, so DRE's and overheating are an absolute given. Parts will eventually fuse together and wear down and it will stop reading those nifty little discs completely. The DS is cart-based, so overheating and DRE malfunctions aren't even an issue.

Quote:
Well I guess the biggest System failure, would have to be the SNES. And mainly because of how shitty they marketed it, and when they released it. And overall it sucked.
Okay, now that was just sheer idiocy. The SNES beat out the Genesis by the end of the 16-bit era, my friend. It's one of the highest-selling and most critically acclaimed consoles of all time. It beat out the Atari Jaguar, the NeoGeo, the 3DO, the Turbografix-16 and the Sega Genesis/CD/32X. All of those (except for the standard Genesis) were technologically superior to the Super Nintendo, and it destroyed them in overall sales numbers and recognition.

Do you just plug your ears and make all this shit up as you go? All you do is squawk the same inane bullshit over, and over and over again. You never have anything new to spout other than your tired "the PSP is exploding onto the scene!" commentary. Come back and talk to me after you stop ingesting drain cleaner. Maybe then you'll be able to formulate a decent argument.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-11-26 at 04:41 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-26, 11:03 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It's certainly a hell of a lot more..."
Well the one game that I have with GBA is Mario Kart. I figured they were all in 3-d.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-11-26, 11:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well the one game that I have with GBA..."
D3V said:
Well the one game that I have with GBA is Mario Kart. I figured they were all in 3-d.
Mario Kart: Super Circuit isn't even 3D. It's uses a Mode 7 2D graphics engine, like the original F-Zero and the original Pilotwings.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-29, 01:27 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Mario Kart: Super Circuit isn't even..."
Oh well, whatever.

All that matters is the amazing Graphics the PSP uses.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-11-29, 04:54 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Name one of them that failed."
Well, Nintendo does have one horrible blemish.

Bring in the Virtual Boy.

Other than that, however, there's absolutely zero backing of the idea that Nintendo has had any system that has done even slightly poorly, much less failed.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-11-29, 10:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Oh well, whatever. All that matters..."
D3V said:
All that matters is the amazing Graphics the PSP uses.
...and the fact that the lithium-ion battery used to power the PSP will only be able to handle those graphics for two hours per charge.

Quote:
Well, Nintendo does have one horrible blemish.

Bring in the Virtual Boy.

Other than that, however, there's absolutely zero backing of the idea that Nintendo has had any system that has done even slightly poorly, much less failed.
The fact that both Ninento of America and Nintendo of Japan have seen an overwhelmingly larger pre-order rush than they expected, before Tnanksgiving, is a sign that the DS will not suffer the same fate.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-11-29 at 10:57 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-29, 11:24 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "...and the fact that the lithium-ion..."
Gameboy:Genesis
Nintendo DS:Sony PSP
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-11-30, 06:14 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "...and the fact that the lithium-ion..."
You make me want to go out and buy a DS...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-11-30, 10:40 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "You make me want to go out and buy a..."
It's an extremely nice piece of hardware, and the gaming possibilities on it are completely unique to the system. If you're looking for a fresh gaming experience, grab a DS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-30, 10:54 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It's an extremely nice piece of..."
Sounds good.

Now close this shit up before D3V gets back in here...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-11-30, 10:55 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "It's an extremely nice piece of..."
I might just get up and decide to buy one!

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2004-11-30, 11:17 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "I might just get up and decide to buy..."
I almost died laughing the first time I saw that pic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-12-01, 04:32 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I almost died laughing the first time I..."
I'd buy one of those.

If I had 4000 bucks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-12-01, 08:52 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post "PSP Official News!"
The fact is, if I was to buy either of them, it'd be a PSP.

I already have a memory stick, so the advanced pack is no use to me. I can use the memory stick between my cell phone and this, great! Plus, I really have no interest in all the games in DS. The stats on the PSP is pretty much equivilent(sp?) to the PS2. Allowing it to play the PS2 games that already look so much kick ass. I really can't ask for anything else! PSP!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-12-01, 01:39 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "The fact is, if I was to buy either of..."
Finally, someone else is on D3V's and my side.

Im getting sick of all the nintendo handhelds coming out. It took Nintendo too long to get the system right. The GBA was the first in this case, the positioning of the hands and the wide screen was great, than they wen tback to the fucking annoying way on the GBA SP. Big hands with the GB, GB color, GB pocket never allowed for easy use with the handhelds and on the GBA the handheld was finally decent enough. It took Nintendo that long to get it right and Sony is on there first try and they already got it right. Plus the nice wide screen, analog pad, the battery that is going to last longer than 2 hours but the n fan is bashing the PSP in any way possible. The battery length will depend on the game and the fact that if im in a vehicle using the PSP, I tend to use the car adapter or when im in the house I will use the AC adapter. Anywheres else I can use the battery pack. I dcant play a handheld game for 2 hours anywayz, its hard for me to stare at a small device no matter what it is. SO battery life is a non factor for me. All the games being released are games I want newayz, so its best for me to get the handheld version and play them newheres. Its not a big deal dishing out $100 dollars more for a handheld thats worth more than the DS. I would oly buy the DS if it cost $75 if no new PSP games were released at the time.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-12-01, 03:08 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Finally, someone else is on D3V's and..."
Did you ever consider they got it right on the first try (not saying they did) because they looked at what nintendo did?

It's all about preference... You want to spend more money on quality its up to you. But considering nintendo's track record with reliability im going to have to go with the DS on this one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-12-01, 04:02 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Did you ever consider they got it right..."
What the hell do you mean by reliability?

I've got plenty of nintendo products and I've never worried about them being reliable. I do believe the gamegear was pretty amazing compared to the gameboy. I've NEVER been a gameboy fan, the screens suck and the games suck. Now, I'm not bashing Nintendo, the SNES is the most genius system ever made, and until something else earth shattering comes out, it will always be my favorite.

Until I see a worthwile reason to get the DS, I'm not going to bother with it. I never got a gameboy advanced, I've never really even cared for handhelds, but the PSP looks pretty badass, and even though it has a pretty big pricetag it seems worth it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!