Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2013-02-18, 05:05 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Just got done beating it. The landmass..."
Indeed, the main story is quite short, but there are many hubs for side quests. Overall, there's a lot more new content of all types (quests, exploration, items, mechanics) in Dragonborn than there was in Dawnguard, it just lacks the epic-length main storyline. Also, they added most of Morrowind in more detail so you can see/walk on it, though I assume it's still an out-of-bounds area; there are no cities, vegetation, etc, but you no longer fall though it...

I particularly liked Apocrapha; there were times when I felt like it really was pulling me toward insanity. It's unfortunate that you can't reset certain parts of it; I blitzed through most of it for the main quest and missed some spots. Also, I later decided I wanted to build up my library (definately the most book-loot-rich "dungeon" in any Elder Scrolls game I've played), but some earlier areas were inaccessable.

As for the landmass itself, it mostly feels different, though it's been a long time since I've played Bloodmoon. Obviously, hundreds of years change things, though...

Last edited by WetWired; 2013-02-18 at 05:10 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2013-02-18, 05:43 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Indeed, the main story is quite short,..."
Yeah I'm taking my time with it; playing it here and there.

I am enjoying it though. Feels like an extension of the game rather than separate Add-on Content, which is why I don't mind that the main questline is so short, given it's like another one of Skyrim's sidequests.
I wonder if my bias towards any add on content has swayed my opinion of it. I've essentially exhausted Skyrim of new things to do and explore, so anything new and unexplored is appealing to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow