Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Moved Zhenya to Ursin
Posted 2007-04-13, 10:35 AM
I moved my original WoW character from Illidan to Ursin last night and expect to play her pretty regularly. If anyone plays on Ursin, send Zhenya a message.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-13, 10:43 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Moved Zhenya to Ursin"
Whoa. After 2 or so years, why the change?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-04-13, 10:52 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Whoa. After 2 or so years, why the..."
Well, I wasn't playing her anymore, 'cause the Zelaron crew quit, and I wasn't about to move her to the PvE server I was playing on, but Ursin is a PvP server with people I know to play with, so...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-13, 11:47 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Well, I wasn't playing her anymore,..."
WetWired said:
Well, I wasn't playing her anymore, 'cause the Zelaron crew quit, and I wasn't about to move her to the PvE server I was playing on, but Ursin is a PvP server with people I know to play with, so...
You can't transfer from PVP->PVE anyway. Blizzard doesn't allow it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-13, 12:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You can't transfer from PVP->PVE..."
No, you can; you just can't do the opposite, which is why I'd never transfer PvP to PvE.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-13, 12:06 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "No, you can; you just can't do the..."
WetWired said:
No, you can; you just can't do the opposite, which is why I'd never transfer PvP to PvE.
Oh, odd, I always thought you couldn't go either way. Interesting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-13, 01:24 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oh, odd, I always thought you couldn't..."
The reason is that PvP servers are considered "hard-mode", because you can't level in peace; you either need to bend your gear choices toward PvP, or deal with the possiblility of getting PKed repeatedly, either reduces productivity. Because of this, leveling up a character on a PvE server then transfering it to a PvP server would essentially be cheating. On the other hand, if you want to go to the trouble to level up your character on a PvP server then move it to the safety of a PvE server, that's your own issue.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-14, 09:02 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The reason is that PvP servers are..."
WetWired said:
The reason is that PvP servers are considered "hard-mode", because you can't level in peace; you either need to bend your gear choices toward PvP, or deal with the possiblility of getting PKed repeatedly, either reduces productivity. Because of this, leveling up a character on a PvE server then transfering it to a PvP server would essentially be cheating. On the other hand, if you want to go to the trouble to level up your character on a PvP server then move it to the safety of a PvE server, that's your own issue.
My server (alleria) has had at least one free transfer from it, being a PVE server, to a pvp server.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-04-14, 09:13 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "My server (alleria) has had at least..."
Willkillforfood said:
My server (alleria) has had at least one free transfer from it, being a PVE server, to a pvp server.
There's only been one time in the history of WoW that PVE->PVP was allowed, and that's a big whole conspiracy because one of Blizzard's top people was on that server and he opened transfers to transfer with his guild to PVP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-14, 09:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There's only been one time in the..."
Well, everyone told me it was opened.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood