Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Zelaron.com lead to a splash, the current portal or directly to the forum?
I like the splash idea! Make it happen! 4 36.36%
I like everything as it is right now. There's no need for any splashes! 5 45.45%
Dump the portal, and redirect zelaron.com directly to the forum. No-one is visiting the portal anyway. 1 9.09%
I really don't care what you do, as long as I can post stuff. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Splash, portal or forum?
Posted 2002-07-26, 04:29 PM
Here is an example of what a stupid flash could look like:

http://www.zelaron.com/splash/windows.htm
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-07-26, 04:57 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
the portal is cool... i love the screenshot of the week... and the uh... the screenshot of the week is cool!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-26, 08:13 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
make it happen Chruser.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
I)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenI)ark_Phoenix is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

I)ark_Phoenix

Posted 2002-07-26, 08:51 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
nooo the portal is cool! it gots screenshot of the week!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-26, 09:03 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
i like it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-07-26, 09:48 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
I like the portal still...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-07-26, 10:16 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
I like it the way it is, dont change a good thing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-07-27, 04:19 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Chruser
Here is an example of what a stupid flash could look like:

http://www.zelaron.com/splash/windows.htm
http://www.zelaron.com/splash/leetwindows.htm

Last edited by Sum Yung Guy; 2002-07-27 at 04:31 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-07-27, 08:09 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
the portal is cool, but dead. I suggest that you do a portal, but center the images and make the background non-ugly. Also, try to add some text at the bottom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-07-27, 09:26 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
Non-ugly, as in the pixelmethods dark olive-green layout with a ravaged table alignment that screams phpnuke all over it?

I think I'd rather prefer blue.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-07-27, 09:30 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamesadin
I like it the way it is, dont change a good thing
it's not good if it doesn't get visitors.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken

Posted 2002-07-27, 10:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
Maybe people would visit it if we put hacks up (WC3, D2, etc...)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2002-07-27, 12:02 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
Quote:
Originally posted by NonGayMan
Maybe people would visit it if we put hacks up (WC3, D2, etc...)
i cannot express how bad of an idea i think that is with words.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

mightychicken

Posted 2002-07-28, 09:45 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
More splashes:

http://www.zelaron.com/splash/rhodon.htm
http://www.zelaron.com/splash/achron.htm
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2002-07-28, 10:11 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
those are waaaaaaaaaay better than the other one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-07-28, 02:25 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Splash, portal or forum?"
see, there ya go . It just dident look good being left aligned.

And about pixelmethods.... its just plain ugly, and even worse, its phpNuke. Im not saying my site is good looking, I just think that first splash would draw new members away. The newer 3d ones... own . Thats my type of style.

BTW, you should add anti-alias to the text, it would make it look cleaner.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX