Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Enemies Health Bar display
Posted 2009-06-24, 11:01 AM
Something I read from battle.net forums.

I've first provide a link and a quote, then some thoughts.

Floating Healthbars are Distracting

What Blizzard said,
"I think we essentially agree with you. The floaty 'above creature' health bars raised a few different concerns and they've since been changed. Health bars for uniques and bosses are displayed at the top, and health bars for everything else are displayed at the bottom (both stationary). It works well, it's all out of the way but still accessible if needed and more importantly you can keep an eye on boss/unique health as well as any lesser minions you happen to be fighting."

I like the idea. But I don't recall D2 having floating health bar.. did it?
Lots of MMO I played have the health bar at the top, with their names. Diablo 3 might be different though because in general I don't really care about normal mobs' health.

Having the health display stationary at the bottom might be a good idea..

So now I'm just waiting for a screenshot like everyone else in that thread.

On an unrelated note, the Diablo 3 Overthrown Limited Edition are all sold out in 4 days. But if you want the normal edition, it is still available for only $299.99.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-24, 11:42 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Enemies Health Bar display"
A collectible? Sorry never got into any videogame that much, ever.

The floating healthbar is good, institute it just like every other game.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-06-24, 09:50 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "A collectible? Sorry never got into any..."
I was once compaired to a spider due to health bars.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-06-25, 09:23 AM in reply to Senesia's post "Enemies Health Bar display"
Senesia said: [Goto]
I like the idea. But I don't recall D2 having floating health bar.. did it?
I dunno if it would be considered a "floating" health bar, but there was a health bar at the top of the screen for whatever monster you were hovering over. It was right behind their name.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-25, 09:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I dunno if it would be considered a..."
Yeah, I remember that..
I think they're talking about a health bar right above/below the monster though, like some other MMORPG.

Oh nevermind, I found it:
http://www.diablo3demo.com/gameplay-basics.html

The floating health bar is what they have been doing in the demo, and people don't quite like it so they said they're changing it to bottom stationary for normal mob, and top stationary for boss.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia