Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

[Skurai] High's "Rush Limbaugh" club!
Posted 2011-01-10, 09:40 PM
---Friday---
Brandon: You don't know who Rush Limbaugh is?

Skurai: Not really... I've heard of him.

Mr. Lamble: How do you not know what that is? *Pulls up the site on his computer*

Brandon: *clicks a few things* See? He's some kind of Conservative nut.

Mr. Lamble: He's pure evil.

Skurai: Oh, that's silly. Conservative's are the good guys.

Mr. Lamble: Excuse me?

Brandon: Lamble happens to love fetus' lying in his yard.

(...)

Mr. Lamble: (sarcasm) Y'know, since we have a John Marshall club, why not a "Rush Lumbaugh" club? Hahahaha!

Brandon: Would you be the teacher in charge...?

Mr. Lamble: Uhh...

Skurai: This could be fun. Hahaha...

Mr. Lamble: You're serious?

Brandon: Yeah.

Skurai: We're seniors this year. If we get Freshmen, this could be our chance to leave our perminate mark in the school!

Mr. Lamble: You'd either have to be creazy, or evil to join...

Brandon: We know plenty like that. I could be President, Noah could be Vice President, Skurai could be Treasurer...

Skurai: And with you as our supervision, all we'd need is members.

Mr. Lamble: ... Alright. If you can find some members, I'll talk about it with Leardi.

---The next monday---

Brandon: *sets down a paper* We have over twenty five members, six of them freshmen, two sophomore. The majority are juniors and seniors.

Skurai: [My girl] may-or-may-not join, so that's another sophomore.

Mr. Lamble: ...Alright. I've already got some ideas set up. That episode of family guy, some old Saturday Night Live episodes, for simple Political Satire...

Brandon: That's the first time Family Guy had been funny to me in a while.

Skurai: Me too, actually.....

Mr. Lamble: Then it's settled. I'll call Ramback and tell him to add us to the school's yearbook on yearbook picture day.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-10, 11:13 PM in reply to Skurai's post "[Skurai] High's "Rush Limbaugh"..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
---Friday---

---The next monday---
This thread is now about hangovers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-10, 11:50 PM in reply to Skurai's post "[Skurai] High's "Rush Limbaugh"..."
Skurai: Oh, that's silly. Conservative's are the good guys.
Please don't believe this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2011-01-11, 09:08 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Please don't believe this."

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2011-01-13, 08:23 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Please don't believe this."
Grav said: [Goto]
Please don't believe this.
What am I supposed to believe? I'm sure not for getting high and stabbing fetus' in the womb, are you????
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-13, 08:24 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "What am I supposed to believe? I'm sure..."
What am I supposed to believe? I'm sure not for getting high and stabbing fetus' in the womb, are you????
If you're talking about abortion, then of course I'm for abortion. A woman's body should be in her control.

And I think marijuana should be legal because frankly, alcohol is worse.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2011-01-13, 08:26 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "If you're talking about abortion, then..."
So molestation should be legal because rape is worse???
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-13, 08:30 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So molestation should be legal because..."
Why do you believe marijuana SHOULD be criminalized?

Same question for abortion.

Last edited by Grav; 2011-01-13 at 08:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2011-01-15, 10:34 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Why do you believe marijuana SHOULD be..."
I believe that any form of intoxicating drug be illegalized, no matter what level of danger it creates. I believe that any form of death by human hands is murder. I also think that if she'd kept her pants on, she wouldn't need to spend money on EITHER protection OR abortions. Not only is it less trouble, it's less costly. In the end, abortion is not "controlling" your body. It's paying other people to allow you to abuse it without consequence. Y'know. Like a child who doesn't want to get caught picking their nose, so they do it when nobody is looking. Some people say it's all about morals, but really, it's all about if they're a worthless shit or not.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-16, 10:04 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I believe that any form of intoxicating..."
I have you say you have a somewhat respectable world view. Your problem is that you are drawing conclusions about things that you can only speculate on. A wise thinker once said "You never understand a situation until you are faced with it."

In other words, it's easy to draw conclusions when you are looking in from the outside. It's also easy for those conclusions to be entirely wrong. People often say "I would never do _____" when what they really mean to say is "I've never been put in a situation or put myself in a situation where I had to do _____"

Another quote I really like is "Judge not lest ye be judged thyself." What I do to myself is my choice, not yours, and I have reasons for everything I do, even if they don't make sense to you or you don't agree with them. If you are attempting to label me or force me to do something I don't want to do or force me to stop doing something I want to do, and I'm not harming you in any way, you are out of place in my opinion. Our decisions are ultimately what makes us human, and taking away any human's ability to make decisions for themself is as much murder as putting a bullet in someone's brain, by my definition.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2011-01-16, 12:11 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I believe that any form of intoxicating..."
I believe that any form of intoxicating drug be illegalized, no matter what level of danger it creates. I believe that any form of death by human hands is murder. I also think that if she'd kept her pants on, she wouldn't need to spend money on EITHER protection OR abortions. Not only is it less trouble, it's less costly. In the end, abortion is not "controlling" your body. It's paying other people to allow you to abuse it without consequence. Y'know. Like a child who doesn't want to get caught picking their nose, so they do it when nobody is looking. Some people say it's all about morals, but really, it's all about if they're a worthless shit or not.
I was fairly adamantly anti-drug until I was 16 or 17. It's something you may grow out of over time.

I would consider myself a fairly successful individual and I enjoy both drugs and sex. Life is short and there's no reason to not enjoy all aspects of it (within reason -- I'll never do life-ending drugs like heroin or meth and I practice safe sex).

Last edited by Grav; 2011-01-16 at 12:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2011-01-16, 12:24 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I believe that any form of intoxicating..."
I do not know of any woman who uses abortions as an excuse to do whatever. A lot of women go through them because, hey, they don't need to have a child in their lives right now for whatever reason be it education of monetary. Making abortion illegal would not curb people seeking out the procedure elsewhere like they did in the days before Roe v Wade and not to mention seeking homemade abortion kits (see Revolutionary Road to see what I mean). Not to mention that there are women who are going through the procedure because they were raped or forced into an incestuous situation and should not even be expected to have the child.

As for marijuana, it has legitimate use medicinally and recreationally. Many use and abuse alcohol and tobacco and nicotine, but we don't make a big deal out of it despite the fact that abuse can be lethal. Marijuana, to date, has had no incidental or accidental deaths (look it up at the CDC's website). What gets me is when people go "I've seen what people on marijuana are like!" To me it means they don't like seeing people with a goofy disposition who like to eat and enjoy sex. A marijuana user is going to be NOTHING like the crazed reefer maniac you'd see in the original Reefer Madness or any anti-marijuana propaganda. Marijuana is harmless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-16, 12:45 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I do not know of any woman who uses..."
Good points Kagom.

Skurai, I never can tell if you're being serious or trolling a la Poe's Law but I think you can do better than your current set of appropriated moral standards.

You seem like a kid who can grasp concepts if you're willing to, so I would hate to see you squander your burgeoning intelligence on an outdated and frankly dangerous socio-political agenda that you're picking up from demagogues, talking pundits or your guardians or your peers. The bottom line is that these talking heads support one thing above all else -- money. Money makes the capitalist world go 'round. The mass media is designed with money and only money in mind. "News" is entertainment with ratings and advertisement holding the reins. It just so happens that huge swaths of the country are receptive to emotional pleas of pride and a return to the good 'ol times, but unfortunately these rants consist of little more than buzzwords and hidden agendas.

I don't know if you respect us on this forum or not, but almost all Zelaron members here do have a few years on you. We've been through high school, some through college, but all through life. We've lived on our own. We've made observations about the state of the world as you can only see it with time, and we're still pretty young in general. But we've all come a really long way since we were your age. I hope you will gain a new perspective for the world when you strike out on your own. But for now, at least give us some benefit of the doubt... we're all friends here, and in some sense we are telling you this stuff in order to help you along through life. It's difficult, confusing, and crazy. For me the fourth wall of bullshit came crashing down years ago. Some people may never get there. But even if you don't respect us personally, at least respect our experiences and our wisdom, however limited it may be. I know when I'm 40 I'll be thinking that the current "me" was naive and ridiculous, but I've still come very far from being your age, and that's something everyone goes through but nobody believes until it happens to them. (An unfortunate human cognitive fault).

tl;dr - cut us some slack Skurai, I can't speak for others but I would like to see you better yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2011-01-16, 02:14 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Good points Kagom. Skurai, I never..."
For some reason that reminds me of when I used to be a sexually confused Republican Catholic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-16, 03:11 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "For some reason that reminds me of when..."
I figured I'd let you explain that one, haha.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2011-01-16, 03:28 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I figured I'd let you explain that one,..."
even i have a few years on the board here .... i have my own views and the way that i let it show is my actions
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2011-01-16, 05:01 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "even i have a few years on the board..."
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

Or, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2011-01-16, 07:17 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I figured I'd let you explain that one,..."
Nothing to explain. That says everything there is to say about that subject. :]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2011-01-16, 10:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I have you say you have a somewhat..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Our decisions are ultimately what makes us human, and taking away any human's ability to make decisions for themself is as much murder as putting a bullet in someone's brain, by my definition.
Then let me be a murderer, in that case. Our choices are our downfall and our weakness, God strike me now if I view things the way Lucifer does.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2011-01-17, 01:51 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Then let me be a murderer, in that..."
Then let me be a murderer, in that case. Our choices are our downfall and our weakness, God strike me now if I view things the way Lucifer does.
Lesson #1: there is no god. Seriously. None. Not a one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav