Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Is Jesus Real in a Parallel Universe?
Posted 2015-02-17, 07:41 PM
According to the multi-world interpretation of quantum mechanics, there should be a universe where an immensely powerful being was created very near the beginning who sent a Jesus to save humanity from what this being perceived as sins, and a devil that planted fossils to trick you into believing the world was far older than it is (along with the plethora of other evidence). Shouldn't there?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2015-02-17, 09:22 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Is Jesus Real in a Parallel Universe?"
I'm not terribly familiar with the theories, but I would assume the potential universes would still be bound by what is possible. Perhaps "what is possible" is variable, though.

My own personal theory would be something like that at some starting point, there is a single universe which is governed by some given set of laws. At every point in time where something could happen one way or another, a new universe is propagated to cover every potential outcome. Repeat ad infinitum, and you are still left with only universes containing possible outcomes of the initial universe.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think so.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2015-02-17 at 09:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-02-18, 08:29 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not terribly familiar with the..."
After playing countless hours of Bioshock Infinite on each difficulty level I would have to determine that, yes. Jesus exists in an unlimited amount of worlds.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2015-02-18, 10:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "After playing countless hours of..."
If there are an infinite amount of parallel universes then I would say yes, "God" is real and does exist in that universe. Since the roll of the dice was unlucky for God in this universe, he does not exist here. So.. he both exists and doesn't exist. That's not saying much though.. in another universe Hank Hill could be not only be real but also the Queen of England. God/Hank Hill/etc. are just variables that could be infinitely different.

Here's my pseudo code for answering multiverse questions

Code:
if ($something != real and $plane = $PresentPlane) {
$something = real where $plane = rand($PresentPlane * 0);
}

//waits for mockery from WW/GLG/Mantralord

::edit::

I suppose rand($PresentPlane * 0) could by an infinitesimally small chance come out to $PresentPlane so..

v1.01
Code:
$plane = $PresentPlane;
if ($something != real and $plane == $PresentPlane) {
$something = real where $plane = rand($PresentPlane * 0) and 
$plane !== $PresentPlane;
};

Still not sure if I have the correct operator syntax but its pseudo code anyway so I guess.. its correct in some universe

Last edited by -Spector-; 2015-02-19 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Last edited by -Spector-; Tomorrow at 00:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2015-02-18, 07:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not terribly familiar with the..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
My own personal theory would be something like that at some starting point, there is a single universe which is governed by some given set of laws. At every point in time where something could happen one way or another, a new universe is propagated to cover every potential outcome. Repeat ad infinitum, and you are still left with only universes containing possible outcomes of the initial universe.
More or less this.
Otherwise, worlds where this theory is incorrect exist.
Let that sink in.

Under K_A's assumption, the only way any god exists is if
1. The very core world started off by decided what the god was(making "the universe" a super-god, in that case), therefore having infinite possibilities, spawning infinite gods for each individual world.
2. Our world is a lesser reality to begin with, and a god watches over each outcome, deciding which one is "canon".
3. Any mix of the two.
Skurai

Last edited by Skurai; 2015-02-18 at 07:42 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2015-02-18, 08:11 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Is Jesus Real in a Parallel Universe?"
Demosthenes said: [Goto]
According to the multi-world interpretation of quantum mechanics, there should be a universe where an immensely powerful being was created very near the beginning who sent a Jesus to save humanity from what this being perceived as sins, and a devil that planted fossils to trick you into believing the world was far older than it is (along with the plethora of other evidence). Shouldn't there?

You make a good point. I'll have my Christian minions (hey, I have my name for a reason) spend their money on wormhole-to-Jesus tech instead of generosity and pastor salaries as of now.

It's too bad that the fun, vanishingly improbable walk-through-walls kind of events never seem to happen in this particular universe.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2015-02-18, 11:44 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "You make a good point. I'll have my..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
I'll have my Christian minions (hey, I have my name for a reason) spend their money on wormhole-to-Jesus tech instead of generosity and pastor salaries as of now.

This.. is gold.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2015-02-19, 08:50 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "More or less this. Otherwise, worlds..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
More or less this.
Let that sink in.

Under K_A's assumption, the only way any god exists is if
1. The very core world started off by decided what the god was(making "the universe" a super-god, in that case), therefore having infinite possibilities, spawning infinite gods for each individual world.
2. Our world is a lesser reality to begin with, and a god watches over each outcome, deciding which one is "canon".
3. Any mix of the two.
All of this is conjecture. Even if one could prove that God exists through some sort of mathematical computation, algorithmic conglomerate of equations etc - it wouldn't matter.

Seeing God and feeling God and becoming God is where it's at.

I recommend DMT.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2015-02-19, 03:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "All of this is conjecture. Even if one..."
Man wanders through life looking for purpose and answers
Man finds Christianity
Man worships God/Jesus
Man still wanders through life looking for purpose and answers
Man finds Drugs
Man finds self
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2015-02-20, 04:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "All of this is conjecture. Even if one..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Seeing God and feeling God and becoming God is where it's at.

I recommend DMT.
See
All of this is conjecture.

We could likely exist in a world where the universe simply decided to scrap the "god" idea.

Either way, his whole thread falls prey to Newton's Flaming Laser Sword.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2015-02-22, 07:58 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "More or less this. Otherwise, worlds..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Let that sink in.
What theory? Quantum mechanics? The whole many-worlds hypothesis is predicated on quantum mechanical predictions. It basically says that all possible quantum states exist in their own universe. This doesn't leave any room for universes where the laws of quantum mechanics don't exist, while still leaving plenty of room for my hypothetical God/Jesus.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2015-02-23, 09:03 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "See We could likely exist in a..."
My point is that theoretical, theoretics, theorizing anything is essentially pointless until things are proven. Even one step further, all is null until experienced.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2015-02-25, 07:01 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What theory? Quantum mechanics? The..."
Demosthenes said: [Goto]
What theory? Quantum mechanics? The whole many-worlds hypothesis is predicated on quantum mechanical predictions. It basically says that all possible quantum states exist in their own universe. This doesn't leave any room for universes where the laws of quantum mechanics don't exist, while still leaving plenty of room for my hypothetical God/Jesus.
Ah! I was told that it was only a theory! A theory that, there is an alternate universe for literally anything; including an alternative world where the theory is incorrect. I assume it's still possible for these worlds to exist, only isolated/unreachable by (nearly) any means. But now that I know it's not a theory - neato!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2015-02-25, 07:01 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "My point is that theoretical,..."
My point is that theoretical, theoretics, theorizing anything is essentially pointless until things are proven. Even one step further, all is null until experienced.
Newton's Flaming Laser Sword, anyone?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2016-03-27, 09:34 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Newton's Flaming Laser Sword, anyone?"
LPT: We don't exist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-