Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

what's your favorite book
Posted 2003-08-10, 04:22 AM
remember to also write why you like it too. mine would have to be the illearth war it has some of the greatest battles in litreture and the characters are so noble yet flawed and so human also it doesn't use any of the cliche tolkien creatures my only complaint is that its extremely depressing. one of the best adult fantasy books in history bar none
don't stop war otherwise the end will never come
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"angel" of war is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"angel" of war

Posted 2003-08-10, 08:20 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Cat and Mouse by James Patterson.

Patterson pwnz.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-08-10, 09:54 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Dragonlance Series (All)
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-08-11, 11:46 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
well the only book i actually read was that book the Phantom tollbooth, something like that. i actually got into it. it actually came out on a movie right?? i just cant seem to find it now !!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-08-11, 03:04 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Hatchet. Kind of juvenile though, but its still a kick ass novel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-08-29, 12:33 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Anne Rice: Vittorio the Vampire
C.S. Lewis: Out of the Silent Planet
Anne Rice: Interview with the Vampire
Anne Rice: Pandora
C.S. Lewis: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
John Peel: Dragon Home
J.R.R. Tolkien: The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings Trilogy

And many more
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
VampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVampyreHell is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

VampyreHell

Posted 2003-08-29, 01:53 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Tolkien pwnz all!
the Death Gate series by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman.
anything by frank Herbert, Dune pwnz!
i must not fear. fear is the mind killer. i will face my fears and when they are gone only i will remain.
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
haplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhaplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

haplo

Posted 2003-09-01, 04:28 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
The entire (current) Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Particularly Wizard and Glass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2003-09-02, 06:00 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Wheel of Time By Robert Jordan

Compelling series, the characters, world and story are exellent.

Just waiting for the last book, hope the old git dosen't die before it's finished really need some closure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-09-02, 08:07 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
I don't know if you'd count it as a book, but Love Hina by Ken Akamatsu. It's just so, touching, and inspiring, and such.

As for book books, I've always liked the Dragonlance books dealing with The Companions, especially the Dragons of _____ series.
A+ Certified PC Tech Guy/Seitentaisei
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sqrl

Posted 2003-09-02, 08:10 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Mario Puzo's 'The Godfather' is by far the best book I've ever read.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-09-04, 09:54 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Robert Anton Wilson : The Illuminatus Trillogy
Dan Brown : Angels & Demons
Dan Brown : The Da Vinci Code
Malaclypse The Younger & Robert Anton Wilson : Principia Discordia (revised 4th edition)
Duno author(books packed) : The Goddess Dictionary

Graphic Novels/manga:
Di gi Charat
Priest
Ranma 1/2
Demon Diary
Gravitation
Petshop Of Horrors
one of these days im gona get up and scream "stop being stupid!" then everything would be alirght. For seriously.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Anime-Otaku is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAnime-Otaku is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Anime-Otaku

Posted 2003-09-04, 10:09 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
VampyreHell said:
Anne Rice: Vittorio the Vampire
C.S. Lewis: Out of the Silent Planet
Anne Rice: Interview with the Vampire
Anne Rice: Pandora
C.S. Lewis: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
John Peel: Dragon Home
J.R.R. Tolkien: The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings Trilogy

And many more
I always thought The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was the worst of Chronicles of Narnia.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-05, 10:06 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Douglas Adams - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-09-05, 11:27 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Yes! Yes! 42!!!
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2003-09-05, 11:35 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Many of the Anne Rice books.
FIGHT CLUB-Chuck Palahnuik, and all his other books, which also own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2003-09-05, 04:22 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Medieval Bob said:
Yes! Yes! 42!!!
The meaning of life! And, yes....towels are good for everything!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-09-05, 04:26 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
ALL Stephen King's books and Clive Custler or something like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-09-07, 09:09 AM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Dr. Seus
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2003-09-14, 05:53 PM in reply to "angel" of war's post "what's your favorite book"
my favorite books are "it" of stephen king in my opinion the best novel of him and chronicles about world war two and also the necronomicon by H.P Lovecraft

Last edited by Pennywise; 2003-10-07 at 03:44 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pennywise is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPennywise is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pennywise