Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

View Poll Results: What is the Best Race?
Zerg 9 27.27%
Protoss 17 51.52%
Terran 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Best Race?
Posted 2002-01-27, 11:26 AM
What do you think the best race is?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Protoss
Posted 2002-01-28, 07:46 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
I think Protoss is the best of the 3 Races
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2002-01-28, 08:00 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Zerg is best in my opinion. I like either swarms or fast attacks to overwhelm an opponent. I guess it's just a choice of style. BTW I'll play with anyone on SC anytime I'm bored...pm me or IM me at MDterrapins03.

Ans--
[img]www.zelaron.com/pr0n/answer.jpg[/img]

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
answer763 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenanswer763 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

answer763

Question Best class
Posted 2002-02-02, 10:34 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Well in saying best class do you mean overall or for:

Defence
Offence
Rushing

My personal OVERALL favorite is Terran. They have a wide slection of units and attacking.

Protoss is very good for defence. Set up 20 Photon Cannons and you've got a free ride to make units.

Rushing... who are we kidding? Zerg! - In 1 minute I can have Zerglings at your base and you almost dead.

Let's talk combinations:

Protoss + Terran Defence of Bunkers/Cannons.
That is the best defence that you can make. With a little help from Zerg and thier underground units you could make a super base.

Zergling's underground units are very good for taking out unsuspecting units in crucial areas of the map.

Overall Terran (the newbie class) is fun because of the Nuke. :]

-----
Quote:
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
X2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenX2D is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

X2D

Lightbulb
Posted 2002-02-03, 01:30 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
I partially disagree...I belive that Terran has the best defense for the latter part of the game. For ground you have 4 marines all upgraded with the longer shooting and turrets with seige tanks all around. Wraiths flying around to get rid of those pesky guardians and other seige tanks that might be out of range. I don't know of any defense that is better than Terran in the long run.

I do agree that nothing beats having 3 rows of cannons up when that first hard attack comes. Cannons simply don't have enough range and power to beat Carriers, Tanks, and really large numbers of attackers.

For best offense I have to say Protoss...unless your opponent guesses you are going to go all carriers and builds tons of scourge there is almost no way you can be beaten. For a fun factor I think Terran is the best and most diverse race to kick some ass with. And you would be quite surprised to see how well marines can rush Zerg and Toss. Just my 34/2-19+4 cents...

Ans--

P.S. If I made a mistake with the math please tell me so I don't look that dumb for that long

[Edit: And yes nukes are the funnest part of the game but not practical in PVP in my opinion.]
[img]www.zelaron.com/pr0n/answer.jpg[/img]

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
answer763 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenanswer763 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

answer763

Posted 2002-02-03, 03:25 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
I like protoss cuz i can mindcontrol and get terran and zerg! hehe and then i can kick ass....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
carbon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencarbon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

carbon

Posted 2002-02-04, 02:41 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Okay, lets put it like this.
Protoss has their photon cannons, they work like missile turrets that can hit ground units aswell. In short, battlecruisers, guardians and siege tanks can take them out before they can strike back (ghosts can too, but they suck unless you have a nuke, or is planning to lock something down for a bigger attack).
The dragoons work sometimes aswell, but they tend to be rarely used for some reason.

Terrans have missile turrets, bunkers and siege tanks as their defense. Siege tanks can take out anything on the ground, aslong as it can spot it. Bunkers usually have a short range, just like missile turrets, unless you load them with ghosts. Goliats are great in the expansion at defending against guardians though, since they have the same attack range as them with an upgrade.

Zerg does have the possibility to swarm an enemy insanely fast. Like someone said, 1 minute could we possible with a resonable game speed on a map like BGH, though it takes some luck. Most players forget to build a defense while rushing, so they can end up getting rushed by terrans if they don't find the enemy base fast enough. Their two defense "buildings", the sunken and spore colony, do a moderate amount of damage, but they both have a short attack range, like the photon cannon. Zerg's only real defense is to build up a massive amount of units that litterary crush the attackers in different ways. The scourges are great against "small but strong" attacks (BC's and Carriers), for instance.

Well, that's just my conclusion.
Happy defending.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-02-04, 05:37 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Protoss forever!!!!!!!!!

Think about it....at the beginning they can just create a vortex-thingy when creating buildings, so miners can get more res...their air-arsenal is the best ever, especially on Brood-wars....

There really is no competition..
Novus Ordo Seclorum

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Sun Tzu

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Leshrac is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLeshrac is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Leshrac

Posted 2002-03-02, 11:22 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
yes i would have to go with protoss, since cloaking and mind control.. every use arbiter with battlecruisers and puttin the arbiters in the back? (not a pretty site for the other guy(
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEvilSteven is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EvilSteven

Posted 2002-03-02, 01:04 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilSteven
yes i would have to go with protoss, since cloaking and mind control.. every use arbiter with battlecruisers and puttin the arbiters in the back? (not a pretty site for the other guy(
cloak - what is those fat guys name again... overloards
battlecruisers - just use dark swarm
and mind control - hm how long range do they have? counter attack using lurkers
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-03-02, 01:05 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshrac
Protoss forever!!!!!!!!!

Think about it....at the beginning they can just create a vortex-thingy when creating buildings, so miners can get more res...their air-arsenal is the best ever, especially on Brood-wars....

There really is no competition..
it take a year to produce stuff... zergling RUSH
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr.Lee is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-03-02, 01:06 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
BTW zerg rush rulez
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-03-02, 04:27 PM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
i think toss is the easiest race to play with...simply goon/zealot rushes own mostly anything. terran is the best if you are very fast and know what your doing (most pros use terran) zerg is good for rushes and flying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3

Posted 2002-03-03, 08:21 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Quote:
Originally posted by King Kai 3
i think toss is the easiest race to play with...simply goon/zealot rushes --> own mostly anything <--. terran is the best if you are very fast and know what your doing (most pros use terran) zerg is good for rushes and flying.
HAHA.... The zealots dont come close to the hydras if they are many!!! ( hydras )
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-05-18, 11:19 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
PROTOSS!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-05-18, 11:28 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Lee
BTW zerg rush rulez
I would think you'd be a Protoss fan.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2002-05-18, 11:48 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
zerg rushes are the best.... especially muta ones. just go straight for the spire and then make maybe 6 mutas and you can rip shit apart, if you do it fast enough...
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2002-05-18, 11:58 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Quote:
Originally posted by RoboticSilence

I would think you'd be a Protoss fan.
i dont like protoss...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-05-18, 11:59 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
Quote:
Originally posted by ask_rabber
zerg rushes are the best.... especially muta ones. just go straight for the spire and then make maybe 6 mutas and you can rip shit apart, if you do it fast enough...
how about zergling rushes at early
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mr.Lee

Posted 2002-05-28, 06:14 AM in reply to tacoX's post "Best Race?"
The terran is the best. They have seige tanks for range, yamato cannons on battlecruisers for taking out lone targets and best of all, nukes. The units are very cheap for the most part. I have found that my sucess with terran is much better than any other race, but this is just my opinion.

Battlecruiser Out!!!!!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Battlecruiser is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBattlecruiser is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Battlecruiser