Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

New York Soda Ban
Posted 2012-09-13, 07:07 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julian...b_1881702.html

"Can I have 4 Big Macs, 6 Large fries, and a small diet coke?"

I wonder if ordering 2 small sodas that equal more than 16oz is considered illegal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-09-13, 07:58 PM in reply to kaos's post "New York Soda Ban"
I believe the point is that if you want more soda you have to pay more.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-09-13, 08:08 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I believe the point is that if you want..."
Yup. I am of the opinion that they should not try to regulate things like that. If someone wants to buy a gallon of soda and fuck their bodies up, let them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-09-13, 11:53 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Yup. I am of the opinion that they..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

Last edited by Shinto Katana; 2012-09-13 at 11:58 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2012-09-14, 10:40 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Yup. I am of the opinion that they..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
Yup. I am of the opinion that they should not try to regulate things like that. If someone wants to buy a gallon of soda and fuck their bodies up, let them.
I agree with you except for with the points that Shinto made. I would love for everyone to be able to do any sort of drug, eat whatever they want in any amount they want, etc. The problem is that when they start having serious health issues as a result, it fucks everyone. There are probably ways to work around it but I don't think it's very simple.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-09-14, 02:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I agree with you except for with the..."
Hospital visits relating to dug use/overweight issues that could have been avoided aren't eligible for healthcare?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-09-14, 02:42 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Hospital visits relating to dug..."
Who decides what disqualifies someone? Who defines the requirements? That is the problem, and what makes it not so simple. I could eat a perfectly healthy diet, never do drugs, never smoke cigarettes, but also never exercise and be less healthy than I could be. Should that disqualify me from coverage? Should eating fast food once a week disqualify me? Is it morally acceptable for the government or some other entity to keep track my lifestyle for the sake of making that decision?

It's a problem that sounds easy to solve on paper, but in practice it just isn't so simple.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-09-18, 06:03 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I agree with you except for with the..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I agree with you except for with the points that Shinto made. I would love for everyone to be able to do any sort of drug, eat whatever they want in any amount they want, etc. The problem is that when they start having serious health issues as a result, it fucks everyone. There are probably ways to work around it but I don't think it's very simple.
What a cop-out answer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
shapeshifter is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenshapeshifter is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

shapeshifter

Posted 2012-09-23, 02:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Who decides what disqualifies someone? ..."
Mandating that everyone have health care would solve the problem. But that doesn't sound good politically.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2012-09-23, 09:28 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Mandating that everyone have health..."
It wouldn't be politically good until people realized it's good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-10-11, 08:22 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Mandating that everyone have health..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Mandating that everyone have health care would solve the problem. But that doesn't sound good politically.
Isn't that the point of mandatory health insurance, like the US has? Just because you give someone every opportunity possible to be healthy doesn't mean they will do it. Fat fucks are fat fucks.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.

Last edited by JRwakebord; 2012-10-11 at 08:25 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-10-13, 02:20 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Isn't that the point of mandatory..."
I'd be happier with a universal health care system if I knew that my tax dollars were not going to help those fat fucks continue to be fat fucks and we let nature take it's course and they all die off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-10-13, 05:20 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I'd be happier with a universal health..."
Fat fucks are strongly correlated to poverty and poor education. Let's fix these issues.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-10-13, 06:00 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Fat fucks are strongly correlated to..."
Mandating health care isn't the issue, but allowing it to be easily accessible to all steps of the financial ladder is. Doctor bills aren't regulated by any agency as far as I know, so I'm sure there are plenty of doctors out there that are boning the insurance companies out of ALOT more money than the procedures they perform cost.

I'm not really the one to complain though, I know it's expensive keeping all those cops/firefighters/ambulances/federal agencies/food stamps/SSI paid off every year. Would be fucked to dial 911 and have the operator ask if you have a law enforcement insurance card otherwise they won't send anyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-10-14, 04:40 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Mandating health care isn't the issue,..."
The real reason that healthcare in the US costs so much is litigation. Restrict civil cases against doctors, but protect the people through criminal law. Then the cost of healthcare will go down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-10-21, 12:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The real reason that healthcare in the..."
It doesn't seem like the answer to the obesity epidemic is to regulate an industry as to what they can sell and in what quantities. This is a slippery slope to the government regulating or rationing what you can consume. I think we all understand the concept of a social contract but that's not an excuse to restrict personal freedoms that may inflict self harm. In actuality we already do this with drugs and other freedoms, but I think that generally the idea there is that with those restricted freedoms one has a greater propensity to cause not only self harm but also harm to others. One can readily cite restricted freedoms that wouldn't cause much harm to others, while also citing freedoms that currently cause harm to others. I know it's not a perfect system as it's somewhat steeped in history and self-interest, but there it is. Besides, people with health problems already pay higher health care premiums, although that may have changed recently with the recent Health Reform - honestly I haven't been keeping pace with it.

I sort of wonder how exactly the bill is worded. If I owned a restaurant I would just cut the price of the beverage so that the customer, on average, is paying the same cost per volume.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2012-10-21, 03:46 PM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "It doesn't seem like the answer to the..."
In a lot of fast food places, you get free refills regardless of the size of the cup. Anytime I happen to find myself in such a place, I always get the smallest size.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-10-22, 09:43 AM in reply to kaos's post "New York Soda Ban"
I remember for the short time I worked at Mc Donalds, these two HUGE FUCKING FAT lesbians would come in. Like, 400 pounds.

They each would order, like, four Mc Chickens, four Big Macs, Like, nine Large Fries, a Sunday, a Parfait, two pies, and an Extra Large DIET Coke.

I asked them "why diet" once, and they one of them replied "We're trying to cut down."
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-10-30, 02:00 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I remember for the short time I worked..."
That never happened. You read that somewhere.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-10-30, 03:39 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "That never happened. You read that..."
Sovereign said: [Goto]
That never happened. You read that somewhere.
I tried to spend a $2 bill at a taco bell once and was told it wasn't legal tender. Here's how it went down.

Me: "Hi, I'd like one seven layer burrito please, to go."

Server: "Is that it?"

Me: "Yep."

Server: "That'll be $1.04, eat here?"

Me: "No, it's "TO-GO" [I hate effort duplication]

At this point I open my billfold and hand him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny and . . .

Server: "Uh, hang on a sec, I'll be right back."

He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within earshot. The following conversation occurs between the two of them:

Server: "Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?"

Manager: "No. A what?"

Server: "A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me."

Manager: "Ask for something else, THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A $2 BILL."

Server: "Yeah, thought so."

He comes back to me and says:

Server: "We don't take these. Do you have anything else?"

Me: "Just this fifty. You don't take $2 bills? Why?"

Server: "I don't know."

Me: "See here where it says legal tender?"

Server: "Yeah."

Me: "So, shouldn't you take it?"

Server: "Well, hang on a sec."

He goes back to his manager who is watching me like I'm going to shoplift.

Server: "He says I have to take it."

Manager: "Doesn't he have anything else?"

Server: "Yeah, a fifty. I'll get it and you can open the safe and get change."

Manager: "I'M NOT OPENING THE SAFE WITH HIM IN HERE." [My emphasis]

Server: "What should I do?"

Manager: "Tell him to come back later when he has REAL money."

Server: "I can't tell him that, you tell him."

Manager: "Just tell him."

Server: "No way, this is weird, I'm going in back."

The manager approaches me and says:

Manager: "Sorry, we don't take big bills this time of night." [It was 8pm and this particular Taco Bell is in a well lighted indoor mall with 100 other stores.]

Me: "Well, here's a two."

Manager: "We don't take those either."

Me: "Why the hell not?"

Manager: "I think you know why."

Me: "No really, tell me, why?"

Manager: "Please leave before I call mall security."

Me: "Excuse me?"

Manager: "Please leave before I call mall security."

Me: "What the hell for?"

Manager: "Please, sir."

Me: "Uh, go ahead, call them."

Manager: "Would you please just leave?"

Me: "No."

Manager: "Fine, have it your way then."

Me: "No, that's Burger King, isn't it?"

At this point he BACKS away from me and calls mall security on the phone around the corner. I have two people STARING at me from the dining area, and I begin laughing out loud, just for effect. A few minutes later this 45 year old-ish guy comes in and says [at the other end of counter, in a whisper]:

Security: "Yeah, Mike, what's up?"

Manager: "This guy is trying to give me some [pause] funny money."

Security: "Really? What?"

Manager: "Get this, a two dollar bill."

Security: "Why would a guy fake a $2 bill?" [Incredulous]

Manager: "I don't know? He's kinda weird. Says the only other thing he has is a fifty."

Security: "So, the fifty's fake?"

Manager: "NO, the $2 is."

Security: "Why would he fake a $2 bill?"

Manager: "I don't know. Can you talk to him, and get him out of here?"

Security: "Yeah..."

Security guard walks over to me and says:

Security: "Mike here tells me you have some fake bills you're trying to use."

Me: "Uh, no."

Security: "Lemme see 'em."

Me: "Why?"

Security: "Do you want me to get the cops in here?"

At this point I was ready to say, "SURE, PLEASE," but I wanted to eat, so I said:

Me: "I'm just trying to buy a burrito and pay for it with this $2 bill."

I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I was taking a swing at him. He takes the bill, turns it over a few times in his hands, and says

Security: "Mike, what's wrong with this bill?"

Manager: "It's fake."

Security: "It doesn't look fake to me."

Manager: "But it's a $2 bill."

Security: "Yeah?"

Manager: "Well, there's no such thing, is there?"

The security guard and I both looked at him like he was an idiot, and it dawned on the guy that he had no clue. My burrito was free and he threw in a small drink and those cinnamon things, too. Makes me want to get a whole stack of $2 bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff. If I got the right group of people, I could probably end up in jail. At least you get free food.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-10-30 at 03:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!