Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Venus Versus Virus
Posted 2007-03-25, 01:38 AM

Overview
vvv1.gif

The Venus Vangard: Western clothing and accessories boutique by day, virus hunters by night. Venus Vangard consists of Nahashi, Luchia, Lola, and Sumire.

At first I thought this was going to be yet another girls-with-guns series; nothing wrong with that, but usually they end up as boring as guys-with-guns series, except with prettier scenery... As the show progresses in episodes, more and more depth is revealed, and the show becomes more and more intriguing.

Viruses
vvv1.jpg

Viruses are essentially zombies. Robbed of their essence, creatures become viruses, themselves seeking to rob the life essence of others. Just because they are zombies does not make them stupid, however. While there are vermin viruses which exhibit very little inteligence, other viruses can actually strategize.

Viruses seem to prefer to take the essence of humans that can see them; not all humans can see viruses, though noone seems to know why.

Viruses are fought with the remains of their own kind. Virus dust is combined with other ingredients to create "vaccine", which is then put in special bullets. A special knife is also seen used against the viruses.

Nahashi
vvv2.jpg

Nahashi is the brains behind the operation. Well versed in the sciences and the black arts, Nahashi developed technology which keeps viruses out of the shop and presumably also developed the vaccine. Nahashi is Luchia's adopted father.

Luchia
vvv3.jpg

Luchia is the primary virus hunter. She is adept in the use of her pistol and knife. Luchia was born with a special eye that gives her some sort of power over viruses; using it is very physically draining, however, so she keeps it covered with an eyepatch at all times.

Sumire
vvv4.jpg

Sumire is still attending school; her friends know nothing about her work with Venus Vangard, except that she comes to school exhausted each day.

Sumire is the secondary virus hunter. Clumsy with both gun and knife despite regular training, Sumire was brought into this operation when she got caught in the middle of Luchia's fight with a virus one night. Apparently, she did not see viruses until she cut herself on Luchia's dropped pendant, a momento of Luchia's mother. Sumire gets captured by the virus and Luchia accidentally hits her with a vaccine bullet. What followed was shocking to both Luchia and the virus.

Berserker
vvv5.jpg

Exposed to vaccine, Sumire goes into berserker mode; she is a living weapon against viruses. Unfortunately, as the name suggests, Sumire is no longer in control of herself. Once viruses in the vacinity have been dispatched, Sumire will turn on anything else in the area. Usually, this means an intense fight between Sumire and Luchia untill Sumire collapses in exhaustion.

It has been determined that berserker mode has several different levels. How easily Sumire changes and what level is achieved depends on Sumire's state of mind. Because of this, it is believed that through training, Sumire will eventually be able to remain in control through berserker mode.

Lola
vvv6.jpg

Not much has been revealed about Lola so far. She refers to Nahashi as uncle. She loves chocolate and is involved in ongoing development of the vaccine, as well as testing Sumire's berserker mode

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-03-26, 05:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Venus Versus Virus"
I have no idea what your talking about but the anime guys are really kool!!!!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-03-30, 11:13 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Venus Versus Virus"
I saw the pilot and was extremely unimpressed, I expected more from these gothic Lolitas, at least a likable character or something of the sort
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2007-03-30, 12:15 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "I saw the pilot and was extremely..."
The first episode wasn't that great, but it gets better. IMO, at least. It didn't catch me untill the second episode or so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-02, 11:03 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The first episode wasn't that great,..."
K so it sounds like it's ripping off some other animes.

The main one would be Bleach. The whole idea behind this anime sounds exactly like Bleach.

Then the girl with the eye that is physically draining to use so she covers it up. Kakashi, anyone?

Not that I claim to know much about anime. Anyway, it sounds pretty interesting really.

BTW: Nice use of tabs WW :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-04-02, 11:59 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Venus Versus Virus"
I'm actually pretty surprised that I pretty much didn't watch ANYthing from this season. Except Manabi Straight and Nodame Cantabile, but I usually try to watch more than 2 series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2007-04-02, 12:14 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "I'm actually pretty surprised that I..."
Yeah, it's been pretty dry. Venus Versus Virus and Manabi are the only thing to look forward to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-02, 02:49 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Yeah, it's been pretty dry. Venus..."
agreed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-04-21, 02:01 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Venus Versus Virus"
Venus Versus Virus's sub is complete.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-04-21, 02:02 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Venus Versus Virus's sub is complete."
That explains it! It's a TV show. I don't have cable TV.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2007-04-21, 03:05 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "That explains it! It's a TV show. I..."
And unless you lived in japan I Dont think it would have mattered....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-02, 03:28 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "And unless you lived in japan I Dont..."
O.o then check it on youtube.com or on video.google.com tahts where i find ALL my anime's on youtube the comments can actually lead you to more and MORE anime's that i've missed during my childhood it actually ehlps to catch up more often
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu