Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2012-03-26, 12:49 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I just made a Breton which I'm going to..."
Thief is the easiest type of character to play. I have a heavy armor guy who wasn't really that easy to play till late game
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-26, 01:05 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Thief is the easiest type of character..."
I would agree with thief being the easiest type to play. I found the gameplay to be pretty tedious though. I enjoyed it at first, but going so slowly through dungeons and such isn't very fun. On my mage, I'm barely ever sneaking and just running through blasting shit. I get into hairy situations easier, but I also have lots of tricks to fix them and I'm taking at least half as long to do dungeons as I did on my thief. At this point, the only time consuming part of dungeon crawls is gathering all of the gear to sell, and taking it to a vendor. On my first play through I had to pay a lot of attention to what I was picking up because my bags would fill so fast with garbage, but now I pick up pretty much anything that is worth more than 2 gold per 1 unit weight. It means that I occasionally have to stop in the middle of a dungeon to fast travel and sell stuff, but it also means I'm making lots of money, and it's legit money instead of having to steal stuff and use a fence.

Overall I'm enjoying the new character, though it isn't the typical style of character I would play. I think once I get a decent follower I'll be good to go. I'm headed to see the Graybeards right now, and then I'll probably head to the mage college in Winterhold. If anyone knows of any half decent followers along the way, let me know. I know a few really good followers, but I want to wait to get them until I'm higher level so they aren't garbage. A mediocre follower would be fine at this point I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-26, 01:50 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I would agree with thief being the..."
There was a quest I did. I believe it was a daedric prince quest that had an amazing mage follower as the reward..... I'll try to pin it down for you.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-26, 02:06 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "There was a quest I did. I believe it..."
Sounds like you are talking about the Azura's Star quest where you can get Aranea Ienith at the end. She's one of the ones I'm saving for when I'm higher level. I suppose I could use the console to fix her level as I level up since I'm playing the PC version, but that sounds annoying. Oh well, if I'm going to the mage college then I may end up causing her to load anyway. I'm not sure how far you have to stay away from an NPC before the game loads them, but at that point her level becomes fixed at whatever level I am at and the only way that I know of to fix the bug is with the console. She is definitely a badass, though. On my thief character she is my follower and I've seen her regularly take on dragons by herself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-26, 02:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sounds like you are talking about the..."
Yeah... I was a loser and went with the black star so that I could enchant forever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-26, 07:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I would agree with thief being the..."
I actually kind of enjoyed the tension of the stealth play at first, and by the end stealth became amazingly quick. 95% of dungeons I can basicly run (while sneaking) straight to the end without killing anyone. If I'm more careful, I can stab everything in the face on my way to the end; this also has the advantage of being able to un-sneak and sprint if I need to backtrack.

My character was originally supposed to be a mage; I started sneaking everywhere because I was getting owned, and it kind of snowballed. I think the problem was I was getting useless skills in random stuff.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-26, 09:15 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I actually kind of enjoyed the tension..."
By running you mean rolling? That's all I can do so far lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-03-27, 05:15 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "By running you mean rolling? That's all..."
I never got that perk. I should most likely do that next time I go through a Skyrim phase.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-27, 11:17 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "By running you mean rolling? That's all..."
By running, I mean not walking. The caps lock key toggles running and walking. Yes, it makes a difference on detection. I also can usually roll while sneaking without being detected, but if you're not being terribly carefull, sneak running is pretty fast. How much you're carrying also effects your actual movement speed, though it doesn't effect detection.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-27, 11:28 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "By running, I mean not walking. The..."
At this point I just run through and kill everything in like 2 hits.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-27, 01:09 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "At this point I just run through and..."
Yeah I have to say that I enjoy the mage tactic of running through and melting faces. It's pretty rare that I run into something that actually gives me a challenge, and I've got a decent stock of potions to handle them. The only time my character has died was when I was messing around fighting guards. I came close on the first dragon you have to fight in Whiterun, but that was only because I decided to go toe-to-toe with him and see what happened. I literally stood in his breath taking damage while killing him at the end, and just barely took him down.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-27, 01:12 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yeah I have to say that I enjoy the..."
That's intriguing. I might have to try the magic angle next then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-27, 10:43 PM in reply to Asamin's post "Skyrim"
A fun thing to do is, during the tutorial mission, when you're supposed to snipe the bear, keep ducking, sneak behind the tutorial character, and attack him. Any method you want, magic, knives, swords, whatever.
Sneak skyrockets like fuck, and whatever you're attacking with launches up, too. Just don't move too much or the bear will get upset. I was level 17, uber thief by the time I left that cave.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-27, 11:14 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "A fun thing to do is, during the..."
I tried to do that with my second character, it got to boring to fast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-28, 12:11 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I tried to do that with my second..."
I had to stop playing this week. Skyrim load screenz = anger issues.

I don't know if it's fast on PC but on PS3 it's terrible. I try to avoid as many buildings as I can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-03-28, 08:21 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "A fun thing to do is, during the..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
A fun thing to do is, during the tutorial mission, when you're supposed to snipe the bear, keep ducking, sneak behind the tutorial character, and attack him. Any method you want, magic, knives, swords, whatever.
Sneak skyrockets like fuck, and whatever you're attacking with launches up, too. Just don't move too much or the bear will get upset. I was level 17, uber thief by the time I left that cave.
You can utilize this method even after the "tutorial mission". You just have to go to his house.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-28, 12:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You can utilize this method even after..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
You can utilize this method even after the "tutorial mission". You just have to go to his house.
Oh reeeeeeeaaaaaally?
I assume you can also do this with Lydia, or anyone of the sort.

My first (and favorite) character is a Redguard who focused on Light Armor, Alchemy, and Two-Handed swords. It got to the point where I could one-shot dragons with a single swing. Armor isn't as strong as Heavy, but looking at the perks, Light Armor is the only good Armor.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-28, 03:15 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Oh reeeeeeeaaaaaally? I assume you can..."
Heavy armor with that one skill that makes it weigh nothing, ftw.

My goal right now is to get the Daedric armor set and walk around like a bawss, mace-slappin' thy hoez left nd right. Bitch Betta have my gold pieces.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-03-28, 07:33 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Heavy armor with that one skill that..."
Go between the two trees, and tell me if you'd rather have Light or Heavy. I honestly don't care either way, but my buds all say Light had a better tree.
And it got the same weightless buff as Heavy.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-28, 07:43 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Go between the two trees, and tell me..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos