Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

So I'm an idiot
Posted 2009-10-20, 02:27 PM
A friend of mine in Massachusetts is trying to help me get a job (that I would have to relocate to, but gladly) where he works at an office. It's a pretty cool gig from what I've been told. It's salary (30k a year), medical and dental after 3 months, plus his boyfriend's dad owns their apartment building and said he could help me get a place. Plus I'd be next to a few community colleges, so I could do night school and classes on Saturdays and there's local community theaters I could audition at.

Well, I called up the office. Got a hold of the guy and to start, I nearly called him by my friend's name. I caught myself and didn't make the mistake. Well, he's kind of in a hurry it seems and then tells me I called him in the middle of a meeting. Shit. Tells me he'll call me back and wants me to e-mail my resume to him, so I do. Goes fine until I notice the subject header AFTER I sent it. I mistyped "Hello" as "Hell" with my name in the subject. At least I didn't title my resume document as something as stupid.

Man, I got a laugh out of all this, but it made me feel hella stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-20, 02:41 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "So I'm an idiot"
Ouch dude that sucks lol, but goodluck with the job!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-10-20, 11:23 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Ouch dude that sucks lol, but goodluck..."
I don't think he noticed the typo. He responded back and said he'd look over it and my friend forwarded him the e-mail and said he's gonna pester him. Just gotta wait for a call back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-21, 09:24 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I don't think he noticed the typo. He..."
Just don't piss him off with the pestering!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-10-21, 11:08 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Just don't piss him off with the..."
Yah man don't push too hard. He's going to think you're stupid and annoying. Lol, hopefully you'll still get the job though.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-10-21, 11:32 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Just don't piss him off with the..."
I'm not the one pestering him. My friend is just going to stop by his office to see if he got the forwarded e-mail. The guy already responded to me saying he got my resume from me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-21, 07:27 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I'm not the one pestering him. My..."
When you talk to him again, mention that you had a typo and make it into a joke. I've said some pretty shitty things in interviews and stuff.

Just last week this lady I interviewed with at Best Buy said "I want to see big things out of you in the sales department" and that only thing that I could think to say was "Oh, it will be big alright"....

I still got the job so it should be good with you too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arbitus

Posted 2009-10-21, 07:40 PM in reply to Arbitus's post starting "When you talk to him again, mention..."
I think I'd love my employee more for a double entendre during an interview.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-21, 07:43 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I think I'd love my employee more for a..."
haha yeah, needless to say tomorrow (my first day) I will give her all that I got
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Arbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenArbitus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Arbitus

Posted 2009-10-25, 09:35 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I think I'd love my employee more for a..."
So when do you get informed about it? Do you have a specific date, or do they just tell you when they tell you?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-26, 01:46 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So when do you get informed about it?..."
Haven't heard back just yet, but I'm going to look at my schedule at work today and e-mail the guy back and poke at him to call me some time.

According to my friend Rob, they wouldn't even hire someone until after the holidays.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2009-10-27, 09:39 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Haven't heard back just yet, but I'm..."
Oh, really?
I'm currently looking for a job, myself, but between school and friends... I'm dying, here.
I think I'll just stick to my $15 allowance... hah... who knows. Christmas is up, soon, so.....
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-30, 06:09 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "So I'm an idiot"
KagomJack said: [Goto]
but it made me feel hella stupid.
You aren't stupid for a mistake such as this.
There should be room for workers to make so-called
honest mistakes. In businesses that expend people
as often as you imply here, the product of said
businesses tend to suffer as well. There are some
ways to manage workers that are better than others.
Also, what kind of an environment would that be
(the one that puts so much emphasis on accuracy)?
People have this idea that you have to do things
you don't want to do: "that's just reality." And,
unfortunately many people fall for this capitalist,
individualist dellusion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-10-31, 08:39 AM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "You aren't stupid for a mistake such as..."
Mdselctr said: [Goto]
what kind of an environment would that be
(the one that puts so much emphasis on accuracy)?
What kind of enviornment is it when they put all the emphasis on INaccuracy?
An army of failures vs half an army of genious? Now that I think about it, the first one WILL win. McDonalds proved this fact.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-11-02, 07:30 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "You aren't stupid for a mistake such as..."
Good point, mi amigo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack