Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

D3 - If blizzard asked your opinion!
Posted 2008-08-12, 06:49 AM
I always think that it is nice to add your ideas to something, especially if it is something you really like.

I thought it might be good that just incase the big dog designer/writer from Blizzard happened to read this thread that he may just take into consideration something that the fans/players would like. (I also realise that our ideas won't be appearing in D3 but if they would...... what they be?)

So, the question is if Blizzard were to ask you, what would you like to improve, add, remove or change in D3? what would you say?

One thing that I really loved about D2 is that every character of the same class is made equal at level 1 and by changing stat comfigurement and items your character can be completely different to other people's.

I think that I would like all character classes to be more equal at the start, obviously I realise that a Sorc needs more mana and a Barb needs more strength etc, but the poor Necro never really stood a chance as a playing character.

I am just hoping there will not be such a big gap between the very strong and very weak characters.

~Mew!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kitten enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzKitten enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Kitten

Posted 2008-08-12, 07:21 AM in reply to Kitten's post "D3 - If blizzard asked your opinion!"
I wouldn't suggest anything at all, because I know that Blizzard at least has the capability to come up with things better than I could come up with. Whether or not they do is to be decided.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-12, 07:27 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I wouldn't suggest anything at all,..."
is gold going to mean anythign on d3? or are we going to have dupe heaven with new jewels gems and charms. my advice to blizzard diablo team. learn to control the idiots that play your game, and have a mass ban every day
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-12, 08:31 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "is gold going to mean anythign on d3?..."
Depends, I guess. Blizzard almost encourages hacking in Diablo 2, with their insane runewords and such.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-12, 08:47 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Depends, I guess. Blizzard almost..."
if diablo 3 is ANYTHING like diablo 2 - i wont play. I have almost compeltely swore off diablo 2 before unless i had a dupe or something.

You cant play diablo 1 without hacks.
You can play diablo 2 without hacks, but odds are you will get steamrolled by someone with them.
You can/cant play diablo 3 because your sick of blizzard inability to control people cough ban d2jsp plz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-12, 01:51 PM in reply to Kitten's post "D3 - If blizzard asked your opinion!"
I'm just hoping they aren't cloning wow...

And as long as there are no hammerdins I'm happy. Either that or there needs to be easy to find magic resist ~_~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-12, 02:43 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'm just hoping they aren't cloning..."
I agree, Hammerdins are way overpowered.

I'd like it to look more Gothic personally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-08-12, 02:53 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I agree, Hammerdins are way..."
i would like to see runewords that give characters other character classes abilities. IE - Enigma (sorc tele) - Infinity (pally conv) iirc

i would like to see those eliminated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-12, 03:24 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "if diablo 3 is ANYTHING like diablo 2 -..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
if diablo 3 is ANYTHING like diablo 2 - i wont play. I have almost compeltely swore off diablo 2 before unless i had a dupe or something.

You can play diablo 2 without hacks, but odds are you will get steamrolled by someone with them.
You can/cant play diablo 3 because your sick of blizzard inability to control people cough ban d2jsp plz
What are you talking about? You can play Diablo 1 without hacks. I guess if you're PVPing you'd need them, same for D2, but neither game is hard to play without having illegit gear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-08-12, 03:25 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What are you talking about? You can..."
the point i was trying to make is this

d1 = the most hacks
d2 = somewhat hacks, but not as much as d1
d3 = no hacks.... yet
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-12, 04:57 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "the point i was trying to make is this..."
I hope gold isn't like real currency in D3... I wouldn't mind if it were more important, but I think the game is more fun when you trade item for item. It gives you a chance to actually make deals rather than farm for X hours to make Y gold so you can buy an item.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2008-08-12, 05:06 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "I hope gold isn't like real currency in..."
d2 current currency doesnt even allow that, you usually dont trade items for anything decent, unless you found a CoA which is really the most expensive non runeword item. which reminds me.

I would like to see items with 150-200% ed GONE. why? people bitch moan and complain about how your ebotdz is only 314%... pfft they wouldnt even pay 1/2 the price they would if it was a 315%. that to me has been the most annoying thing about diablo. Awesome you found a CoA, but it has minimum stats and 1 socket, might as well sell it for gold.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-08-12 at 05:07 PM. Reason: cause i cant spell
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-12, 05:09 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "d2 current currency doesnt even allow..."
Yeah I don't want it to be like WoW and have a Gold currency. Bartering is much more fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-08-12, 05:12 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Yeah I don't want it to be like WoW and..."
bartering requires somewhat of an intellectual person to understand your not trying to rip them off like d2. lol you ever go into a room that says enigma 4 2hrs, and you offer them 1hr + something else (of decent value). they laugh and start spamming your a fgt get out l2read lol... If there was a way to barter like on the morrowind games to vendors that would be cool. you could level your bartering ability.

What do you think about vendor's haveing the best gear you can get? kinda like WoW token system. How would you like to have to obtain your gear?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-13, 06:17 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "bartering requires somewhat of an..."
One thing I remeber when I first started playing was that I could trade for Chips, which as a low lvl character I could easily find and collect to trade for items.

Maybe having some more ingenious ways to get items or unique elements to items would be cool, but I think taking away the need to go out and kill things for items might defeat the point of the game though, people would just stand in town and deal with the vendors or create "vendor hacks"

I think there should be more secret levels aswell, maybe like the cow level there could be a Diablo level, totally impossibly hard and full of around 50 Diablo's but a killer place to find items hehe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kitten enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzKitten enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Kitten

Posted 2008-08-13, 06:28 AM in reply to Kitten's post starting "One thing I remeber when I first..."
collecting chiped gems is a way to start, you collect all the chips, then flawed, and so on untill you have perfect gems. To SOME people 40 pgems can get a you hr. And that is a great accomplishment, untill you leave the game and it poofs lol. Ripping off a vendor is harder then ripping off a player. I dont know what you could program that could, 'hack' the vendor, other then finding a loophole somewhere where x item can be bought for xx and sold to y vendor for xxx.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-17, 03:09 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "if diablo 3 is ANYTHING like diablo 2 -..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]

Dont mind the 'flame' but are you fucking retarded?

Diablo is so easy to play without hacks. It's still the shit with our without hacks.

Cry more nub just cause you suck doesn't mean you have the authority to rip on a great game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2008-08-17, 04:19 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Dont mind the 'flame' but are you..."
Yea, you just have to get lucky with drops. My hammerdin's doing pretty good with relatively shit gear .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-08-17, 04:39 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Dont mind the 'flame' but are you..."
slaynish said: [Goto]
Dont mind the 'flame' but are you fucking retarded?

Diablo is so easy to play without hacks. It's still the shit with our without hacks.

Cry more nub just cause you suck doesn't mean you have the authority to rip on a great game.
do your posts have a purpose?

http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46338 further proving his point. lol @ slayfish
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-20, 07:07 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "do your posts have a purpose? ..."
The best upgrade that I can see Blizzard doing from D2 to D3 is a server wide auction house, I hated sitting around for hours wanting to try to trade an item.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy