Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Posted 2008-07-02, 09:41 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I'm sure you can still make a p2p..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
I'm sure you can still make a p2p connection with your friends without going through battle.net and play for free if they require payment for battle.net. If nothing else, I'm sure it'll have a LAN multiplayer option and people will use a virtual LAN program.

Actually, you're right. If battle.net requires payment, Blizzard will lose a bunch of money because people will do multiplayer by virtual LAN and won't need a unique CD key.
Unlikely. While that sounds good as far as being able to play multiplayer, an economy would not exist, and getting really good items would be a lot harder than if you were on battle.net.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-02, 09:50 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Unlikely. While that sounds good as..."
Not really, since you could just hack them into your save file.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-07-02, 11:21 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Not really, since you could just hack..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Not really, since you could just hack them into your save file.
By that logic, people wouldn't be playing battle.net right now. They could play LAN multiplayer and have the best items in the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-03, 08:42 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "By that logic, people wouldn't be..."
Sounds reasonable. I highly doubt it'll be P2P either. The game isn't a MMO, and there are a lot of kids who I bet can't afford WoW that will play Diablo 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2008-07-03, 04:09 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Sounds reasonable. I highly doubt it'll..."
Plus, they can ask for money to put those adds on top of the battle.net thing.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-07-04, 04:44 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Plus, they can ask for money to put..."
just from the video previes and the gameplay video's im keen to get back in. altho it looks alot like diablo II the new animations i saw for some of the barbarian skills are kickass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-07-04, 07:43 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "just from the video previes and the..."
I didn't like the new whirlwind. It didn't look as awesome as the dII one.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-07-04, 11:34 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I didn't like the new whirlwind. It..."
It looked more realistic in my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-04, 08:03 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It looked more realistic in my opinion."
I only ever did the first, maybe second, quest in Diablo 1 for Playstation. It was alright, but, to me at least, it was one of those "I got a friend or two, so let's get to slaying shit" type games. It reminded me of Gauntlet (Which, at the time before I knew better, I thought it was a new-age Gauntlet). I only made a character on the second one on PC, but never got to actually play it. I guess it just never interested me...

With that said, I think I may get this one. Is there anything I will be missing from the first two, or can I just jump right in? I thought it was like Final Fantasy with the sequels never being the same story line, but apparently I was wrong.

As far as the paying to play shit, if I have to pay to play, I am definately not getting it. It looks hella good, though. And it seems as though many of the members here have something to be excited about again.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-07-05, 01:09 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I only ever did the first, maybe..."
Play the first two.

The Playstation version of Diablo 1 sucked balls. The only reason to get it is for the story shit that's included on the CD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-05, 02:16 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Play the first two. The Playstation..."
So by yall's logic paying to play hurts a game. So how did WoW become so popular?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2008-07-05, 05:53 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Sounds reasonable. I highly doubt it'll..."
NonGayMan said: [Goto]
Sounds reasonable. I highly doubt it'll be P2P either. The game isn't a MMO, and there are a lot of kids who I bet can't afford WoW that will play Diablo 3.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67